Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I thought they were trolls

My only theory was he must just be eating a bite at a time all day long to get it all in. And have a sleeve of steel.

I can't imagine my sleeve is a diva, she gets mad if I sip my broth too fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

How is that even physically possible?

I hope that the NUT and Dr documented his admission. If any complication arise from him going against Drs orders they will be on him.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I actually have a friend who had bypass the same day as her husband. On the way home from the hospital she made him stop at KFC. She "only" had mashed potatoes and gravy. 5 min later he was pulling over for her to puke. When they got home she opened a can of Coke and took several slugs. And promptly thew up. 8 years later she still eats total crap and vomits nearly every day...... 'sigh'......

So yes, there really are crazy people out there, they aren't all trolls.

On the day I had my preop done, I sat in the waiting room with a lady who was "warning" me to stick to my post op instructions, because she had eaten raw bell peppers during her first week out and had to have another surgery to have them removed....

Sorry for the suspense. He eats 3 raw eggs a day, a full can of clam chowder, 2 cans of potted meat, whole Beans and salsa. Some other stuff, both large portions, solids, spicy stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yikes. I have to say, with the exception of the Beans and salsa, the rest of that would make me barf even 9.5 months out... but raw eggs, clam chowder, and potted meat would have made me queasy before surgery, too. :wacko:

Not for anything, but aren't support groups supposed to be confidential: "That happens/said in group stays in group"?

Obviously this person has "issues". I don't know if he would appreciate his "issues" being talked about outside "group" without his knowledge.

Just a thought...

I will say that right now I have a pretty strong sleeve (3 weeks out) and think I could eat more than my diet allows. I am only on soft foods and stick religiously to my diet, however I don't seem to have trouble with different foods like other people do at this stage so I wonder if he just has a really strong sleeve.

Now before surgery at a pre-opt appointment I asked my surgeon if anyone of his patients have ever died from the surgery and he said he only lost one patient after gastric bypass. He said the day she was released from the hospital she drove through McDonalds and ate a big mac. After that I have been too scared to even consider cheating.

Valentina,

It wasn't support group, it was a post op nutritional class, I didn't give any of identifying information. I promise I wasn't trying to violate any sense of trust.

While I understand that people might not like to have their personal food sharing talked about by others, he seemed rather proud of his eating, so I don't think he would be upset to share it. Granted no one would like if it was shared with a negative note, my original intent of this post was to say, that often times we read posts on here and claim troll. While it maybe troll, it may just be someone who follows their own versions of the rules.

Edited by csawesome

Not for anything, but aren't support groups supposed to be confidential: "That happens/said in group stays in group"?

Obviously this person has "issues". I don't know if he would appreciate his "issues" being talked about outside "group" without his knowledge.

Just a thought...

This is confidential, we have no idea who the OP is taking about!

PS: I have a strong sleeve too, but I followed the post opt diet to the letter for the first 6 weeks...

What a doofus. And you know what they say about "stupid" -- you can't fix it.

I know someone sleeved in Mexico who said that the morning after surgery he saw another sleeved patient walk up to a taco truck and order and eat a Breakfast burrito.

I feel hesitant to admit that I have cheated since my surgery. I lost 21 lbs in 10 days after the operation. At maybe 2 weeks out I was bored of the chocolate premier Protein for all of my mini meals throughout the day. I went back up quite a bit overnight. Yesterday was the first day I saw weight loss on the scale since I veered off plan. Today was another pound down. I hate to admit it but for people that eat for comfort, myself included, it can seem reasonable to eat from your pre-op favorites.

I feel hesitant to admit that I have cheated since my surgery. I lost 21 lbs in 10 days after the operation. At maybe 2 weeks out I was bored of the chocolate premier Protein for all of my mini meals throughout the day. I went back up quite a bit overnight. Yesterday was the first day I saw weight loss on the scale since I veered off plan. Today was another pound down. I hate to admit it but for people that eat for comfort, myself included, it can seem reasonable to eat from your pre-op favorites.

But eating the wrong things early on post-op isn't "cheating" like cheating on a diet. It can cause SERIOUS risk to your health like leaks and abscesses. I can certainly understand the desire to eat comfort foods. I was crying my eyes out every day post-op from the head hunger. I didn't get to almost 300 pounds without being a comfort eater. But when eating off plan can literally kill me, not years down the road from obesity, but like land me in the hospital THAT DAY, it's a pretty strong deterrent.

There's an baffling equation that some WLS patients make that, post-op, eating off-program is the same as "cheating" on a diet.

I cannot comprehend how some WLS patients don't appreciate the significant difference between "going on another diet" and having recently had 85% of your stomach excised and the remaining bits stapled together -- and what could happen if they stress those stapled-together bits.

Yet, somehow, some patients still take that risk.

This will sound heartless ... but this kind of behavior is why the Darwin Award was created.

There's an baffling equation that some WLS patients make that, post-op, eating off-program is the same as "cheating" on a diet.

I cannot comprehend how some WLS patients don't appreciate the significant difference between "going on another diet" and having recently had 85% of your stomach excised and the remaining bits stapled together -- and what could happen if they stress those stapled-together bits.

Yet, somehow, some patients still take that risk.

This will sound heartless ... but this kind of behavior is why the Darwin Award was created.

I know, right? It's like having open heart surgery and trying to run a marathon the next day. Or having a liver transplant and then stopping for a bottle of whiskey on the way home.