Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guys who started over 400 lbs.

57 minutes ago, aggietop said:

Great job. I’m a little over three years out and have lost 190 lbs. I have not had the skin removal surgery and I may not need it. How much actual weight did you lose from the skin removal surgery? Im still debating the surgery.

7.72lbs of skin was removed. Oddly enough, I'm only like 3lbs down from my pre-surgery weight, likely due to the swelling that takes 6-8 weeks to fully subside from this kind of surgery. I thought it was funny that the day before surgery to the day after surgery, I was UP almost 11lbs despite having 7.72lbs removed lol. The swelling is real, but I go more by what I see in the mirror vs. what I see on the scale now days.

alexgalvezmd~1556839979~2035243748556148780_4113936877.jpg

Not a full member of the 400 club but I have been knocking at the door last couple of years. I wish I would have found this forum sooner; I would have been more confident in 2019 and had WLS instead of losing weight at a weight loss boot camp only to see the weight return with a vengeance. Reading the successes of men who have a longer weight loss journey then I do is very inspirational and provides valuable insight on what to expect once I get “sleeved” this coming April. Congratulations to everyone who has made significant progress, have lost weight and most important… have kept it off!

This thread has been an awesome resource. Thank you all for your contributions.

Surgery is 1/29/2021. Can i still be in this room considering i am now under 400 before surgery? :)

On 1/14/2021 at 1:27 PM, FINFAN3DP said:

Surgery is 1/29/2021. Can i still be in this room considering i am now under 400 before surgery? :)

Congrats on what you've already lost and good luck on your upcoming surgery.

Started off at 450lbs last May, had VSG in August and now down to about 340

I started out at 485 in Jan of 2020. This morning I weighed 245.

1 hour ago, EddieS said:

I started out at 485 in Jan of 2020. This morning I weighed 245.

Wow! That is fantastic!!! Any issues with loose skin?

On 03/05/2021 at 16:04, FINFAN3DP said:

Wow! That is fantastic!!! Any issues with loose skin?

Thanks! 90lbs of that weight loss was actually pre-surgery, but the rest was after I got my sleeve in June.

Yeah, I have quite a bit of loose skin. It’s most problematic around my belly, but it’s present in a lot of places (arms, thighs, butt, sides). I’m not quite done losing yet, and I want to be at a stable weight for a while before I consider having surgery to remove it. I’m hoping that it gets a little better on it’s own over time, but I admit that’s probably wishful thinking. I’m pretty terrified of the recovery after plastic surgery, so I’m not in any rush to do it.

How are all the 400+ers doing? I am doing really well, and very happy with my decision.

I fortunately just missed the 400 club, but am 6' 3" with a HW of 382 on 7/3/19, but thought I would "weigh in" on this topic.

SW 309 5/18/20 for VSG

CW 216 15 months after surgery. I hit my goal weight of 220 about 7 months post op and have maintained in a ~10lb range (213-222). Taking in about 2000 calories daily and doing well. When I start creeping up, I lower to 1800 or so until I get back down. Working so far, still tracking every day, hydrating, exercising, focus on my macros.

I've scheduled a Tummy Tuck in late September to deal with the loose skin. Excited, but nervous about that.

Edited by bhrobins

First post here . Scheduled for sleeve in coming 9/20/21 . Current weight : 153 kg (330 lbs) ; height 5’8.

i am concerned about the post surgery sagging and skin issues . How many here have experienced skin sagging or issues related to that . Does it mandatorily require skin removal at the weight and stats . Been obese for most of thr life so do anticipate it as a issue

I had my surgery 4 years ago. My mother died and I went in a depression. I am now starting over. I weighed 470 and lost 26.5 lbs since I started September 6. My doctor wants an endoscopy done so he can see if I damaged the sleeve. I sure hope it’s ok. He said if it’s ok he could give me medicine and restart me with a nutritionist. I’m a little nervous but I think I’ll be fine. I haven’t had any pain so hopefully i don’t need a revision surgery