Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some one to kick my a**

Two weeks ago my two wonderful fur babies went over the rainbow bridge. I just couldn't bring my self to eat, other than shakes three times a day. Then the reality set in and I began to eat again, only now it's like I was before surgery. I am wanting to eat anything but the foods I have been for the past 2 yrs. hamburgers, Cookies, muffins, basic cr@p. It's like I can't get past the grief and am in a mode that is just hampering myself. I plan on calling my clinic and getting back on track with my psych and my nut next week....but in the meantime.....kick my butt..everyone please!

Ideas for meals

Snacks

And pushes to get back to my 5 day a week work outs. I've come too far to let it go

One thought: The Bariatric Foodie's Guide to Protein Shakes has a bunch of recipes for Protein shakes that taste like desserts/sweets but are actually low-carb. Might be worth having some of them when you're craving sweets as you get back on track.

I'm so sorry about your loss.

Times of stress can make us regress to unhealthy patterns, but it ends up causing more problems along the way.

Do make the effort to take better care of yourself, one bite at a time. You're worth it!

I'm just beginning my sleeve journey but read your post about loss of your fur babies. I'm sorry, I reacted the same way when I lost my fur baby. The first week I was numb and than non stop eating of comfort food. One thing that helped me was I did a memorial for my fur baby at my house.Just a small gathering of friends who had been part of my fur babies life. Animals are another part of the family, yet we don't realize we need a way to say good-bye to them just like any other family member. Just having people share my grief gave me closure and helped lessen the emotional eating.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am very sorry for your loss, I sure hope it was an accident. Sometimes you need to grieve your own way and well sometimes that involves food. Try to start thinking of all of the happy times you had together, this may help lift your spirits. As far as food goes, one day at a time. right now I am eating a high Protein breakfast(egg, chicken skewer from Costco), lunch is a spring mix salad and a protein(chicken, turkey, fish), dinner is another protein and small amount of vegetable and snack could be yogurt with applesauce, Protein Bar, hot mocha(instant coffee with 25 calorie hot chocolate, yum)! Also I enjoy turkey slice with cream cheese, rice cake with Peanut Butter or cream cheese. Hang in there, each day will get better and relish all of the wonderful days you had together.

Sorry about your losses.

Emotional eating, IMHO, is something that we probably never lose the addiction for, only control.

Don't allow yourself to do that. Find other avenues to explore (hobbies, exercise, etc.) when you get to that point.

If you are between meals and hungry (and not head hungry) have a low calorie beverage or a low calorie snack.

You can do it. Stay strong.

I think you need hugs more than ass-kicking. I am sorry, it is devastating to lose beloved pets.

Tkx for the kind words everyone and good ideas too. I definitely know what to do just slipped back so far so quickly too. It's been a really rough too weeks. I've just found it very difficult to plan, prepare food....

@@Threetimesacharm, our 15 yr old kitty passed from his diabetes complications on the 12th of March and two days later his little sister, our 10 yr old dog passed as well. We had to be put down due to sudden kidney failure. I blame myself because we were so focused on trying to maintain my kitty the past few months that I probably missed many sign that my baby girl was not well. By the time we took her in, it was too late to help her. She spent two days at the emergency vet to no avail.

Tkx for the kind words everyone and good ideas too. I definitely know what to do just slipped back so far so quickly too. It's been a really rough too weeks. I've just found it very difficult to plan, prepare food....

@@Threetimesacharm, our 15 yr old kitty passed from his diabetes complications on the 12th of March and two days later his little sister, our 10 yr old dog passed as well. We had to be put down due to sudden kidney failure. I blame myself because we were so focused on trying to maintain my kitty the past few months that I probably missed many sign that my baby girl was not well. By the time we took her in, it was too late to help her. She spent two days at the emergency vet to no avail.

I am so sorry to hear this, I too am an animal lover, I have two small dogs and can't imagine what that day will be like. Just thinking of your situation and losing my dogs one day brings tears to my eyes. I have only lost humans and trust me every day will get a little bit better. Hang in there