Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days till plastics tiiiime!

@@Elode - LOL! I prefer to be whiny baby on my own too! That jaw surgery sounds really tough but I agree having too much knowledge is dangerous. I went I. To picking the best Dr for me and the rest I have been blissfully ignorant of. I have post-op appt tomorrow mor OMG and once he can look at me and declare all is normal, I sure will feel better! Keep me posted on your jaw surgery!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App

Lord, Just got back on here. It's been months!

@@Elode

ohhhhh, you were gone? ;)

missed you bud

always nice to see "less and less" of you

huggggggs

kathy

How much did you pay

@kblanc - There are really way too many variables in plastics to be able to say what something might cost. It can depend on where you have it done, how many procedures at once, etc. I will say this though - when you get to that point - don't let price be your only guide. Excess skin removal (as is most if not all of plastics) is an art and you want to be sure to get the right artist. Check out realself.com if you want to do some more research on the plastics part of it all.

@@kblanc Yes it varies greatly, I had a Tummy Tuck and a full breatlift and it was $14,500 if your just looking for a number. That was for my Dr and the surgery center (everything included). It's not cheap (not to me anyway). I had to pay for everything up front. I was planning to have implants in November but I still love my "girls" small and perky so I'm not so sure yet.

My plastic surgery is on November 21. Pre-op appointment is today. I'm so nervous and excited!!! I'm getting breasts lifted and tummy tucked. The surgeon said he doesn't think I'll need muscle repair once he felt my core. I'm hoping that is true for an easy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@KristenVSG2014 How did it all go?? I haven't been on here forever. I hope you recovered nicely!

@@KristenVSG2014 How did it all go?? I haven't been on here forever. I hope you recovered nicely!

It went great!! I started a thread somewhere in here with pics.

HW 290+/SW 261/GW 160/CW 159

Here ya go:

TT & BL on November 21!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/381966-TT-%26-BL-on-November-21%21

HW 290+/SW 261/GW 160/CW 159

@@Elode, can we have a final "after" pic, now that you are fully healed? I've been waiting for another update for months!

I have about 10 days to my Tummy Tuck. I was more nervous for this surgery than the sleeve. But now that I'm getting things done around the house.. Money paid ---I'm so ready to go.

I've had shingles, flu and bad headaches from the combo - so I've gotten practice toward the pain. The flu has me at my lowest weight so they should a great base, I've back off exercise because of being ill and now so I don't pull anything.

Hubby has been told the worst of how the recovery could go and all the work/help he may have on his hands. If anything I like being alone while ill and he worries and hovers. (But he has seen me seriously I'll before so he does have reasons).

I'm old but looking a lot younger and from everything I've experienced on everything is do it younger, feel better for many many years of your life.

Send me any great suggestions on the tummy tuck, I learned a lot from the groups before my sleeve.

Read this full conversation I think. It has some good tips. Getting in and out of bed/ recliner was the most difficult for me for days.

Best of luck. I'm very pleased

@@Heather I Ha! Sorry I'm rarely on here anymore. I will try to get one tomorrow BUT just know I am having double jaw surgery in 8 days and will be having my mouth wired shut for at least 4 weeks. I was advised to gain weight since I will likely lose a bunch. I was 142, I'm 152 right now. 10 lbs feels like 50! I'm also 5'8 with the average weight drop being 20 lbs after this surgery I couldn't chance being 120's and this tall. So eating has been my goal and I've out done myself lol!!! All for a good purpose. I have to keep reminding myself....

@@Elode, I knew you had jaw surgery coming up but was thinking it had already come and gone, not imminent. Good luck! I'm 5'8", too, and am 227. My husband is already calling me the incredible shrinking wife, so to say I can't imagine hitting 120 at your/our height is an understatement!

Can you drink Protein shakes with a straw?

@@Heather I Feb 8th is dooms day. I'm sure it's going to be trying and hellacious but at this point I NEED my mouth wired shut :) it's defiantly possible to gain weight. It's almost scary. I know I'm going to take it all back off but scary non the less. Congrats on the weight loss thus far! My husband actually told me today I look much better at 152 than 142 but he's also the same one that said I looked beautiful at 267 soooo...he doesn't get a say. I made him watch YouTube videos today of my jaw surgeries. I thought he was going to puke. It's pretty brutal looking and I'm more terrified of this than any surgery I've had because it's my face. You only get one face and if they screw it up I'm screwed. I'm keeping faith that it's all going to be for the best. That's all I can do.

It's all done! I'm in recovery! Day 6 right now. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It wasn't fun and the swelling is insane but I'm on the good end now. All I have left to do is get this swelling gone. They said my changes would be subtle. Ummm No. My whole face has changed. My whole face! I don't look anything like I did. The more the swelling goes down the more excited I am. I already love it! My long face is gone. My open bite and underbite are gone. I still look a bit chipmunk and my mouth is wired but you can see an amazing difference. I'm in awe. This is the second best thing I've done. Oh and I have zero numbness in my face which is unheard of. My surgeon is even shocked. That means he avoided any damage to my nerves . He's just incredible. I'm attaching some before and afters. All are within a week. Don't mind the yellow that's just bruising and no makeup.

1487094490289.jpeg

IMG_4043.JPG

1487038978888.jpeg

IMG_3551.JPG