Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all

I have booked my op for 18th April 2016 with Beautiful Beings in Czech Republic. Nervous, excited and scared are just some the feelings I'm getting.

I've had relatively little information from BB, they've just said 'eat healthily' until I go and to take Omeprazole twice daily. There's loads of silly questions that keep popping up, like:-

• What should I pack?
  • How will I get my bag in the storage unit above my head on the plane on my way home?
  • Is there a shop in the hospital, how much Czech money will I need?

Has anyone else been who can answer these for me, any help appreciated.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about the op but truthfully, I think it's a positive thing I'm doing. Whatever the outcome, I can't be any more miserable than I am now. I can barely walk couple of hundred yards without huffing and puffing, my knees are killing me, I go up and down stairs like a two year old, one at a time, nothing fits me and when it does, I look horrible. Everything I own looks like a huge black bin bag etc....

Two years ago I lost five-and-a-half stone on the Cambridge diet but I've put it all back on in less than half the time it took me to loose it. I'm so angry with myself but I'm sure a lot of you have been there.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty good about the op and am raring to go.

Ugh I'm sorry I can't answer any of your questions as I hadn't tried it before! But I want to get an appointment with beautiful beings Asa's! Did you get the appointment by phone?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I went Czech Rep 4 yrs ago but Co I went with brought in yoghurt and drinks daily so no money needed. You should check with the Co.

Clothes - I had only travel there and travel back (comfortable). Nightdress (2 or 3 depending on how long in) thin dressing gown, smellies, slippers. I took iPad as wifi available and this meant I could send messages and FaceTime. Travelling back was fine I just put on a 'pathetic woman' face and asked a nice young man if he could put my case up for me and again to lift it down when we arrived.

Sorry you should check if wifi available in the hospital

I had my op in UK so can't help much but wanted to say good luck. It's the best thing I ever did in my life

I too am going with beautiful beings on May 2nd I am ridiculously nervous and scared , do you mind if I stalk you on here when you have it done as i really need to hear some major positiveness ( is that even a word?!?!) about our choice of clinics x

Hi All

Many thanks for your replies. It's good to have some support as I'm doing all this on my own, my friends think I'm off to Prague on business! I just don't want all the doubters and negative comments, I'll tell them after.

@@Lulu - I filled in the BB online form and someone called me and I went from there.

@UK_Cathy - Thanks for info. There is wifi (thank god) as I'll be taking my lappy and working from my hospital bed.

@@chrisredjeep - thanks you.

@@scaredandexcited - stalk away, I'll keep you updated!

Started the liquid diet today, must not think about food, must not think about food, must not.........

One week tomorrow, can't wait to have it over and done with. Don't feel nervous at all, I'm actually quite calm about it. I'll probably have a melt down at the airport :)

I was the same. In the end when the surgeon came round to see me before the op I just felt as if it was all a dream. I did not even have a pre op relaxer injection !

Where are you having it done Lulu?

3 days to go and still pretty calm about the whole thing. No nerves or apprehensions just want it over with now and get on my new journey.

On 25 hopefully! I'm still waiting for my visa though. I can't wait to have it and be done with the pre op diet. And I didn't even think much about it since I have these stupid ugly horrible assignments!

Visa? For where, I haven't got a visa *panic*

Just checked, I don't need one. Phew!!!