Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Isopure ready-made protein drinks

Hi All,

I am 6 weeks out now, and finally able,to tolerate more things. Down 38 pounds since the day of my surgery. I finally had a bit of reduced - fat cheese, or some no-sugar-added peaches. My surgeon told me about Isopure drinks, and thinks they would be a good idea for me. My problem is, it seems you can only buy them by the case, and I'm reading so many mixed reviews. I can't afford to spend $60+ on a drink and then hate it. Has anyone tried them? Some say that some flavors have a yucky aftertaste, too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I've been told they are sold individually in some gyms. Might try calling some of your local gyms and see if they carry them.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You can also go to stores like the Vitamin Shoppe and just buy a bottle to try them before you buy a case! They are different, but a good change from the thicker Protein shakes, if you're looking for a good fruit option :)

I bought mine in individual bottles from GNC and The Vitamin Shoppe. It's definitely a better idea to try out the different flavors to find what you would like.

What flavor or flavors do you like? I saw many like the Alpine Punch or Blue Raspberry. A bit worried about aftertastes, though. I still have a very strong sense of taste and smell..

I like the lemon black tea I mix with Water and it cuts the after taste. I also like the cocotine fruit punch.

I tried the coconut Water, blue raspberry, the punch and the orange one. I personally didn't like them. I'm really sensitive to after taste. But go to GNC and buy a few to try. Make sure they're REALLY cold when you drink it!

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Try Bariatric fusion too. You can order a sampler packet of single serves from them. 27g Protein each.

Also- I know when I first started Vitamin Shoppe has tons of single serving packets of the different brands. The Syntrax nectar fuzzy navel is my fave from there. Mix it with orange crystal light yummy.

But the Bariatric Fusion brand hands down is my ultimate fave. No whey taste at all even afterwards. Heck. Even the cup doesn't smell of you don't wash it right away!!

Try Bariatric fusion too. You can order a sampler packet of single serves from them. 27g Protein each.

Also- I know when I first started Vitamin Shoppe has tons of single serving packets of the different brands. The Syntrax nectar fuzzy navel is my fave from there. Mix it with orange crystal light yummy.

But the Bariatric fusion brand hands down is my ultimate fave. No whey taste at all even afterwards. Heck. Even the cup doesn't smell of you don't wash it right away!!

I have tried all Bariatric Fusion flavors, and have a tub of Orange Cream. My stomach still turns with it. I got the sampler pack of the nectar as well. Only one I have tolerated well is the vanilla Torte. It rather stinks how slow my recovery has been. Even my surgeon is surprised, but he said there's always 1 who is like me. The last one he had, had her turnaround at 3 months. It was like a snap of the fingers, and she turned around. I hope and hope I do, too.

Wow Jenn. Isn't it amazing how different our tastes are??? I wish you luck!!!

( and total bummer you didn't like the strawberry shortcake! Lol

Ok I had the fruit punch today. LOOVE it. It was my first Isopure.

Was it the Alpine Punch, or fruit Punch?

I've tried the grape flavor, it was tolerable. Just make sure its as cold as you can stand it.

You can get these individually at Luckyvitamin.com , and also the coconut flavor and alpine punch are my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App