Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve to Mini Bypass Revision

12 weeks post op from mini bypass. Haven't had labs done yet but I feel great and have had no problems. I was a revision so I think my weight loss has been slow but I've lost a lost of inches and I'm down from a tight size 16 to a 12. No regrets and wish I'd done this instead of the sleeve the first time.

My surgery was July 28 I had a revision from sleeve to MGB. My reflux is gone.

So happy already.

@FloraBama congratulations to you and glad to hear you are doing well. I'm about less than 30 minutes from having the same revision done as well in MX!!!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using the BariatricPal App

@FloraBama congratulations to you and glad to hear you are doing well. I'm about less than 30 minutes from having the same revision done as well in MX!!!

Best of luck to you. Let me know which surgeon and how you are doing.

Best of luck to you. Let me know which surgeon and how you are doing.
Thank you. Dr Fernando Gonzales and yes i will let you all know how am doing after surgery.

Good day everyone i have made it out of surgery by the grace of God!!! I will now sleep a bit

Hope you have a fast recovery.

thank you, and you and me both!!!

Please recommend revision surgeons from VSG to MGB

DR. Illan. Contact bill@bariatricpal.com for information.

Hi, same situation here. :( I was sleeved on August 2011.

At that time my weight was 210 and 4 months later my weight was 169 (41 pounds loss) after that no more weight loss,

Right now my weight is 192 (23 pounds gain). I am very disappointed with this whole situation, I feel that somehow my surgery was not correct. I read all the replies to this post and I am starting to look in to the Mini Bypass Revision,

but I do not think my husband or adult children will go for this.

I will go see another bariatric surgeon just to see if the original procedure was done correctly or not.

I have 2 friends that had sleeve surgery around the same time as me and they have lost 100 plus pounds, they are never hungry ( I am hungry a lot). How is every one doing after the Mini Bypass Revision? Does insurance cover this here in the US?

How much did it cost in Mexico?

Thank you

I am looking to have a revision from sleeve to MGB one due to acid reflux and not a very good loss with the sleeve. I was really disappointed in the WL but now really just want to get rid of acid reflux and get off the PPI.

Also I will have to go to Mexico for the surgery anyone recommend a doctor in Mexico and did the surgery help your acid reflex?

I have acid reflux since sleeve surgery in 2012 did the MGB take care of the reflux and if so is it still under control?

I am looking to have the revision in Mexico I see you used Dr. Illan was it a good experience and is he someone you would recommend. I really don't know who to use for sure in Mexico I really want to get off PPI meds and have no more acid reflux.

Thanks for your time.

Peggy