Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone! I was sleeved Oct 2015 and I am now almost 6 months post op and I have lost 58lbs. My goal is 80lbs as of now so I am almost there. I started off as an size 18 refusing to even look at a size 20 and a few days ago I bought a size 12 in old navy jeans when I realized the size 14 jeans that I had gotten a few weeks ago were starting to look baggy! I say all of that to say that even though I almost 60lbs down and have lost 3 pants sizes, when I look in the mirror, my brain doesn't quite register the weight loss. I mean I see some definite changes and I know into a smaller size but it does not look like 60 lbs to me. To me, I guess it looks like maybe 30lbs. I guess I zone in on what parts of my body I need to work on. When did your brain finally catch up with your body?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm not sure IF our brains will ever catch up to the reality of our weight loss. I am down 76 lbs. and still only notice the flaws. People say things to me daily now. It's just hard to register after all these years of failure. My standard answer to any compliment about how good I am looking is..."yeah, well let's wait till next year and see if I REALLY keep it off this time". I am trying to learn how to accept an affirmative remark without being self deprecating. Other than that, I am sooo grateful for the new me that continues to be able to walk more, fits n restaurant booths again, ties shoes without struggling, etc. etc. ad infinitum. Now, if I can just get it in my head........

I congrats to both of you. I had my surgery March 16. All went well. I lost 17 on the liver reduction diet but have only lost 10 since surgery and the scale hasn't moved in over a week. I think my body is fighting within itself. Still only at about 400-600 calories a day, but getting in more each day. Have with if you experienced this?

I congrats to both of you. I had my surgery March 16. All went well. I lost 17 on the liver reduction diet but have only lost 10 since surgery and the scale hasn't moved in over a week. I think my body is fighting within itself. Still only at about 400-600 calories a day, but getting in more each day. Have with if you experienced this?

That is normal. It's your first stall. Your body is adjusting to the surgery and less calorie count. Don't worry, the next time you look at the scale you will have a big drop. Just make sure to keep getting your Protein and Water intake in. As soon as your doctor approves you to, start exercising. If you start early, it will be easier later. Start off walking and just keep going. Good luck and welcome to your new life!