Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Healthy Snack Ideas?!

I'm in the medical field and sometimes things get hectic so I need quick go to easy foods and snack was just wondering if you all could give me some ideas.

Currently I eat lots of almonds, boiled eggs and yogurt.

I love low fat string cheese, salami, and lunch meats. Gallo's reduced fat salami is tasty. For a change up, roll a slice of lunch eat around the string cheese.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I've been trying to think of non refrigerated snack foods. I know almonds, PB, Jerky, and of course there is always Protein Bars.

Sliced apples already in a package for single serving with almond butter. (Amazon sells Barney's Butter in single serve packages. A little expensive to eat everyday but very portable.) Beef Jerky (I like Krave brand which is very tender). 1 ounce portions of nuts. (You can buy these individual servings or just break them out in sandwich baggies yourself.) Mr cheese O's are AMAZING if you like cheese crackers. (I found mine at Target but Amazon carries them also.) Individual serving packs of tuna (the Hickory Smoked flavor and Lemon Pepper flavors are great.) If you can refrigerate, definitely string cheese or Cracker Barrel 2% cheese sticks or Greek Yogurt (boosted with a half scoop of Protein powder) or sugar free pudding snack (boosted with a half scoop of Protein powder).

Be careful on nuts: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/359914-im-giving-up-on-my-nuts/

Very high in concentrated calories.

I tried a new strategy for Easter that worked well. I knew I'd be grazing all day with the ham and stuff, so I measured out my grazing plate at the start and instead of hitting the food table, I'd just graze at my plate instead of doing a full sit down meal and then graze. It worked today.

Thinking about doing that everyday.

Be careful on nuts: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/359914-im-giving-up-on-my-nuts/

Very high in concentrated calories.

I tried a new strategy for Easter that worked well. I knew I'd be grazing all day with the ham and stuff, so I measured out my grazing plate at the start and instead of hitting the food table, I'd just graze at my plate instead of doing a full sit down meal and then graze. It worked today.

Thinking about doing that everyday.

Well played.

@@OKCPirate and @Dub I have to watch the grazing thing at work.

I bring in Snacks, lunch and Breakfast because I come in at 430ish. Generally the snack is non-refrigerated and I keep them at my desk (grazing reach). I put them in my locker where I have to walk about 100 feet to get them. I only keep 1 snack at my desk.

great post~

I have a small lunchbox I bring to work with me, and I keep three ice packs in there so it stays cold all day without having to refrigerate. I usually bring low fat string cheese, the 2% reduced fat cracker barrel cheese sticks, a tbsp. or two of Peanut Butter to eat with the individual packs of apple slices, those individual tuna packs, a few pickles, a few slices of deli ham, turkey, or roast beef...there's lots of options. It mostly depends on what you like!

Boiled eggs. Dump the yolk add hummus in place of the yolk. It's simple delicious-- filling with lots of Protein.

Boiled eggs. Dump the yolk add hummus in place of the yolk. It's simple delicious-- filling with lots of Protein.< /p>

Or, don't dump the yolks. The yolks are the most nutritious part of the egg.

I often carry my lunch in a Bentgo lunch box. It's made for kids but certainly has room enough for lunch. You can buy interchangeable inserts which are really convenient.

Boiled eggs. Dump the yolk add hummus in place of the yolk. It's simple delicious-- filling with lots of Protein.

Or, don't dump the yolks. The yolks are the most nutritious part of the egg.

And the most caloric. I'm not against an occasional yolk but if you eat this snack on a daily basis the hummus is a nice change of pace and probably better for you in the long run.

I'm looking for ideas too. I'm 5 wks post op and eggs and cheese don't sit well with me :( too soon for nuts I'm afraid, which leaves nut butters, lunch meat (don't care for the sodium content) and yogurt. Any thing I'm missing?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I don't know if you folk from the US get these but they're GREAT for a snack...

They're called Brown Rice chips and are the Wild Rice variety...

They're made by Sun Rice...

Gluten free...

No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives...

They're made with the whole grain and are, according to the package, a product of the US..

These are my absolute favourite go to snack...

If I weren't so 'special' I'd post a pic of the packet that they come in...

But I'm special..

You know that...