Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there a specific clothing store that you were gunning for once you reached your target/goal weight?

Sounds painful. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

I just want to be able to go into stores like Macy's etc. and buy something off the rack and on sale. If I ever have to step foot in Lane Bryant again.........[emoji15]

I was so happy to go to the "normal" size section and buy a regular sized dress for Easter... At Jc penny's!! First dress I have purchased in about 10 years. When I'm at goal I can't wait to share clothes with my daughter lol I'm shopping in her closest haha

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I just want to be able to walk through the mall and go into any store I see something cute. Not have to keep an eye out for the "plus size" section.

That is adorable! I have considered what I will do with all of my 4x Modcloth clothes, and I think I might be able to put a belt around the middles of the tops and wear them as tunics/dresses with leggings once I get thin. I don't want to get rid of them! The dresses will just be too big, but I'll try to save the tops.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Have you thought about finding a dress maker or alterations place ? I chose all of the outfits I loved and had them cut them down to my size. One of the dresses I had cut down twice because I loved it. That would be a lot cheaper than replacing them. Even the shirts worn as tunics will prob need the sleeves altered. Good Luck

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@SamBwaR3 ...

"Kicker" is a more polite way to say "s**t-kicker."

In other words, kickers are those who work around animals, e.g., cows, horses, sheep, chickens, and other animals raised in groups, that leave a lot of s**t laying around. Some synonyms are cowboys, cowgirls, ranchers, farmers, country folks, etc. .

The term is also used pejoratively by those who wish to appear superior to people who live and work in rural settings. But those of us who regularly or even occasionally wind up with s**t on our shoes don't agonize over those mis-uses of the term and often use the term to refer to each other.

;)

Ahhhh, that makes sense now. Never heard the term amd I've spent my fair amountbofbtime on the family farm.

Guess I qualify as that one from time to time. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

I don't think I'll ever support Lululemon because of their attitude but fitting into their workout gear is definitely goal.

Let's make a date to browse a Lululemon store looking fabulous in their competitor's clothes and not buying anything.

@@SamBwaR3 ...

"Kicker" is a more polite way to say "s**t-kicker."

In other words, kickers are those who work around animals, e.g., cows, horses, sheep, chickens, and other animals raised in groups, that leave a lot of s**t laying around. Some synonyms are cowboys, cowgirls, ranchers, farmers, country folks, etc. .

The term is also used pejoratively by those who wish to appear superior to people who live and work in rural settings. But those of us who regularly or even occasionally wind up with s**t on our shoes don't agonize over those mis-uses of the term and often use the term to refer to each other.

;)

I've always heard the boots referred to as shit kickers, not the people. But, I am citified, so what do I know!

I haven't had too much choice in the matter up to now (hard to fit and not a very big clothing budget), but what I am looking forward to is having a wide enough selection to attempt to make more ethical clothing decisions.

I really want to honor clothing companies and designers who practice fair trade and avoid those that use sweat-shop/slave labor. I haven't quite figured out how to do this but it is one of my goals.

banana Republic, White House Black Market, little boutique in my town

I just want a little black dress. I don't care where I buy it! Lol well that and any non plus size store. Although I do shop at torrid a lot and they do have cute clothes.

I've watched this topic for several days now.

The first thing that popped into my head was being able to look and buy the "cute" dresses at our Dillards outlet. I had never heard of Modcloth and I just checked out their website and they have cute clothes. It's so funny, when you are large, you put that kind of thing out of your mind and don't think of all the places you can't shop.

Just this moment a place I had forgotten about, but that should actually go to the top of my list is Desigual. They have fun, funky patterns (I love color and pattern) and cute designs.

http://www.desigual.com/en_US/collections/

I love tops, skirts and dresses. I just hope my legs don't get too saggy to wear them. LOL

Edited by ExcitedAt55

I've watched this topic for several days now.

The first thing that popped into my head was being able to look and buy the "cute" dresses at our Dillards outlet. I had never heard of Modcloth and I just checked out their website and they have cute clothes. It's so funny, when you are large, you put that kind of thing out of your mind and don't think of all the places you can't shop.

Just this moment a place I had forgotten about, but that should actually go to the top of my list is Desigual. They have fun, funky patterns (I love color and pattern) and cute designs.

http://www.desigual.com/en_US/collections/

I love tops, skirts and dresses. I just hope my legs don't get too saggy to wear them. LOL

This is exactly why I posted it. We are all focused on gym, cardio, eating right, Water intake, Protein etc.... Wanted us to focus on something that with all of our hard work we can enjoy. SHOPPING!!!! As we loose wait those GO TO stores will change and we will have s much bigger variety of places to choose from!!

PS I think your legs will be fine.

"In the end we only regret the chances that we didn't take."

Old navy!!