Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How can you tell you lost weight?

My sister is the only one who notice it but I sure don't see anything! ???? So much insecurity it sucks!

In the beginning I just used before and after pictures

Did you take "before" photos pre surgery? Compare them to photos now. Did you take measurements? How are your clothes fitting? It's hard to notice the little changes when we are looking at ourselves day in and day out, so use these to help measure your progress. Good luck!

In the beginning I just used before and after pictures

That's what I did also but idk for some reason I don't see it

Did you take "before" photos pre surgery? Compare them to photos now. Did you take measurements? How are your clothes fitting? It's hard to notice the little changes when we are looking at ourselves day in and day out, so use these to help measure your progress. Good luck!

I took pictures but I just don't see it. I'm always scared to do measurements. My clothes I'm always wearing something baggy like sweats and a baggy sweater or bigger shirt I don't really own tight clothes. That's maybe why since I see myself all the time I just don't notice it

The local fast food restaurants go out of business.

Your dog gets fatter (now that there are leftovers).

Your scale doesn't make a groaning sound when you stand on it.

You have a fancy designer label on the back of your jeans instead of "Pass" and "Don't Pass" over the back pockets.

But seriously, at first you may see yourself as the same, but people will be noticing the difference.

Your clothes will fit looser, you will have many NSVs, you will not mind having your picture taken or looking in the mirror or weighing yourself, you will have more energy; the list goes on and on.

I get up, pee(hey, Water is heavy!), and then weigh myself on a digital scale every morning. The numbers don't lie. I also set little goals(9 lbs until xxx lost). The first place I really noticed loss was in my face. Then my baggy clothes got even baggier, my pants got longer(not as much ass to hold them up!)until I could fit into the next size down. Rinse and Repeat until goal is met. There will come a time, not too long from now, when you see someone you haven't seen in a while. They will do a double take, and maybe raise their eyebrows. Trust me, you will get a serious case of the grins! Keep up the good work.

I took pictures but I just don't see it. I'm always scared to do measurements. My clothes I'm always wearing something baggy like sweats and a baggy sweater or bigger shirt I don't really own tight clothes. That's maybe why since I see myself all the time I just don't notice it

I would recommend grabbing something, maybe from the thrift store etc. that is the size you are now. Yes the dreaded try it on shopping experience. It is even ok if you get something snug. Take a pic of yourself in them, then put them away. Periodically, pull them out and try them on and retake the pic. Now I say thrift store because you do not want to go out and spend money on something that will be too big in a few months. And you are already going to have to get a new wardrobe.

I knew I was losing because of before and after pics, people told me, my face was slimming, I have a clavicle, thigh gap is starting to show, my shoes became lose, clothes too loose, etc.

Best wishes

For me the biggest difference is the increase in energy. I actually am driving my wife crazy doing all the things I was too lazy to do before. Maybe lazy is the wrong word... too damn FAT to do. Also am down from a button popping 52 jeans to size 46 falling off my ass. I am down 80 lbs since my pre-op diet the day after Thanksgiving, 50 since surgery on Dec 28. I don't have to have the steering wheel all the way up to fit in the car, my legs don't almost bust the armrests off the office chair, and I didn't need the extender belt on the plane a few weeks ago! Leftovers? Hell, that's all I can eat usually- two or three bites of whatever we had the night before. One other side effect is that grocery shopping is BORING! Maybe I really was a food addict!

Don't worry, you'll start to see and feel the huge difference soon. So will everyone else, and when they tell you how much weight you have lost, it's almost better than sex.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

The local fast food restaurants go out of business.

Your dog gets fatter (now that there are leftovers).

Your scale doesn't make a groaning sound when you stand on it.

You have a fancy designer label on the back of your jeans instead of "Pass" and "Don't Pass" over the back pockets.

But seriously, at first you may see yourself as the same, but people will be noticing the difference.

Your clothes will fit looser, you will have many NSVs, you will not mind having your picture taken or looking in the mirror or weighing yourself, you will have more energy; the list goes on and on.

this is fabulous!

Just keep going and trust it'll happen. No one noticed mine for 50lbs!!! All of a sudden your clothes will hang off and people won't recognize you and you'll be excited about your success.

My sister is the only one who notice it but I sure don't see anything! So much insecurity it sucks!

I started noticing little things that I could do that had been a struggle before.

Whether anyone else tells you they notice or not really doesn't matter. Just follow your program and you will be amazed at the changes YOU see in how you move, feel, function, etc.

I bought a shirt that was way to small and would try it on at random times and it would fit better each time.