Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So ashamed smh

I have gained 50lbs back smh I've been avoiding the scale and finally just got on one smh my lowest weight is 130 now I'm 183 I started out at 240 smh

The first step was to get on the scale. Now you have to get back on track. You have done it before, you can do it again.

Don't be discouraged. You did it once before and can do it again!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I've gained 10 back and can see it spiraling out of control if I don't quit eating!! I do good during the week, but the weekends kill me! I have heard that it helps to go back to basics, which helps get your mind and stomach back to what it was after surgery. I've read about others doing the 5:2 diet. Don't get discouraged! Just go back to what you know!

Edited by mcginn0425

Thanks guys! I'm researching the 5 day pouch test right now smh I risked my life for this surgery in order to save my life now I'm letting it all go to waste again smh this will be 4 years out for me in August

Look at it this way. Sure you've put a little weight back on, but you're still a long way from where you started, right?

The easiest thing to do is to get back to the "rules" of WLS

Protein first (lean beef, chicken or fish that fills you up)

At least 64 oz of no calorie/low calorie Fluid a day

No/low processed sugar and carbs

Get out and move!

Don't be so down on yourself. You can get back on track and get that 30 pounds back off in no time! You can do this!

Never ever ever give up on yourself!

You can do it and you have the tool to help you. Life has ups and downs and this is a lifelong battle. Regroup make a battle plan and we are all here to encourage you.Good luck.

I understand where you are coming from, but let go of that shame and focus on getting control again. So hard to do, I know. Life gets in the way for me sometimes, and I feel like I have to fight tooth and nail to maintain my loss. It's just shocking how easily weight comes on, and to me, pretty disappointing how difficult it is to lose.

You're worth the effort, and it can be done. You've got lots of good advice on what to do, and you know what to do. Now you just need to put your game face on, and go do it. One step at a time, one day at a time. Start with losing a pound, and then another, and so on. You got this!

As others have said, you know what needs to be done. Start with the 5 day pouch test and get back to the basics as @@Babbs has listed.

It worked before, it will work again. Sometimes we simply let bad behaviors back in, it is so easy to do.

No time to shame yourself......it's a waste of your time and effort and honestly can lead to indulging in more overeating or bad choices.

I have absolutely no doubt that you will get back on track! Best of luck to you and we are here if you need us!

yes to what Babbs said - and hey! at least you're not where you were before surgery! and secondly, you can go back to what you need to do without having surgery this time! first step is the hardest and that's done when you got on the scale and got honest. :-) you got this.

Do 3-4 low carb Protein Shakes a day, and one small healthy meal. This way you are only making one decision per day about food that can get you in trouble (what to have for the meal).

@@gettinMeBack Could you provide us some of your dates, especially the date of your surgery and the date you hit your lowest of 130? I think people could give more pointed advice if you shared this. That said, I second @@Babbs and everybody else...you bit the toughest bullet and you have a new dawn ahead of you. Don't get down on yourself from having some relapse. I am speaking to you from a frustrating stall and I openly acknowledge that I am in this spot because I have been less careful than I was in the first few months out of surgery.

Thanks, @gettinMeBack. I think after two years, some weight regain is pretty common, so this is not all a terrible thing. What is just as common is for the regained weight to be lost. I am 6-7 months out now, and I am fully prepared for some regain when a year hits (I just hope I have some more loss before that point!). You actually did a nice job with the maintenance in the second year, so now I'd say just remember what worked for you then (what kept you in the 130-140 range and try to put it back into play. Good luck and congrats on the awesome weight loss!