Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just remember why you are doing the surgery DirtyyMelodies!! You are wanting to use the food as a comfort right now because of the break-up. I start my liquid diet tomorrow...getting sleeved on 3/30. Lets help each other

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Pre-op was actually significantly harder for me than post-op.

Pre-op... oh that's just a sandwich. or two. bah that's nothing.

Post op.... Oh that's a Whole thing of yogurt? sigh. Maybe in an hour or two.

Keep at it :D

That's actually really encouraging to hear! :) Thanks!!

You recognize you have a problem. You reached out for help instead of making excuses. You'll be fine. I do recommend reaching out to a counselor to help learn other ways of coping so the urge to binge is lessened.

Getting professional mental health is part of the plan! I realize that it's not a physical issue, but rather behavioural; the surgery will be a helpful tool, but I need to change my way of thinking to prevent relapsing (which terrifies me).

I kinda wish I wasn't married and 30 having this surgery.

I just know it's going to cause problems with my husband.

"You never cook anymore."

"We never go out."

Etc.

Gotta say, I'm looking forward to being able to "upgrade" my partner to someone with the same mindset as mine. With that being said, I hope you're wrong and that your husband will be understanding about the whole thing. :)

Sounds like you just dropped 200# without any effort! ;)

Seriously though, you CAN do this!

Think of how far you've already come, and look ahead to the day where you'll be able to look back and congratulate yourself for making it through even though it seemed impossible!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Hahaha! If only it was that easy to lose actual weight, I'd be 10K$ richer! ;)

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm looking forward to surgery! I'm just scared of failing because I've failed everytime before, no matter how genuinely motivated I was. All the positivity I'm reading on this forum is kind of helping overcome the self-doubt, though!

Just remember why you are doing the surgery DirtyyMelodies!! You are wanting to use the food as a comfort right now because of the break-up. I start my liquid diet tomorrow...getting sleeved on 3/30. Lets help each other

Good luck on the liquid diet! And your surgery date is coming up soon, you must be excited! How do you feel? Definitely keep me posted, I'd love to know how it went!

Getting professional mental health is part of the plan! I realize that it's not a physical issue, but rather behavioural; the surgery will be a helpful tool, but I need to change my way of thinking to prevent relapsing (which terrifies me).

You're going to do great. You aren't thinking the surgery is going to do it all for you. You -know- you have to work at this mentally and physically. You know the signs of your bad behaviors so you can fix them early.

It's not going to be easy, but you got this!

So DirtyyMelodies tonight was my last meal before liquid diet...I love BBQ, so I treated mysely to a sliced bbq pork, fries, slaw, and unsweet tea. So dissapointed, the pork was all fat. Now I am looking forward to 7 days of liquids.

We've all failed...thats why were here. [emoji16] Keep rollin

So DirtyyMelodies tonight was my last meal before liquid diet...I love BBQ, so I treated mysely to a sliced bbq pork, fries, slaw, and unsweet tea. So dissapointed, the pork was all fat. Now I am looking forward to 7 days of liquids.

That's too bad! :( Sorry to hear!

Good luck on the 7 days of liquids! It's not easy, but it'll be worth it! We gotta hang in there! :)

Breaking up usually solves more problems than it causes. A year from now you will be healthier and happier, and he will probably be the same jerk he is now.

Sounds like you just dropped 200# without any effort! ;)

Seriously though, you CAN do this!

Think of how far you've already come, and look ahead to the day where you'll be able to look back and congratulate yourself for making it through even though it seemed impossible!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Hahaha! If only it was that easy to lose actual weight, I'd be 10K$ richer! ;)

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm looking forward to surgery! I'm just scared of failing because I've failed everytime before, no matter how genuinely motivated I was. All the positivity I'm reading on this forum is kind of helping overcome the self-doubt, though!

We all failed every time we tried to loose weight before, or we wouldn't have had surgery. I am one month post surgery - and I still half expect to wake up and find that it was a mistake and the weight is back on - but I am just putting one foot in front of the other and pressing on with the plan, trusting it to work. So far, so good. Find other ways to pamper and comfort yourself. The joy of a slow walk in the evening - the pleasure of music you love - a nice warm epsom salts bath. there are so many ways to feed ourselves besides carbs. <3 You're worth it.

I thought preop was harder than post so if you can make it thru that with a break up you got the rest of this no problem.

~LA

But.... What if you CAN do it?? I think it speaks volumes to your capacity for success that you are already identifying some of the underlying patterns you have with food (ie the emotional eating, etc). The fact that you are doing that shows that you are ready to face them head on and make the changes you need to make. You've got this!!

Just imagine how good you're going to feel in 6 months time when you see that ex-bf and you're rocking a new sexy body!!

Its totally worth it to stick with the pre op eating. Drink plenty of Water cos it will keep you feeling full.

Good luck and focus on the cute clothes your going to buy soon!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using the BariatricPal App