Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is/was your goal weight??

I'm 6' tall and I've been overweight my entire life. I have no concept of what looks 'good' on my body at a healthy weight and my surgeon has not set a goal weight. At my pre-op appointment, they asked me what MY goal weight was, and I just said 'under 200 lbs.' But I know that's still overweight in terms of BMI.

What are your experiences regarding your body at different sizes? I know everyone is different, but I'd love to get some thoughts from different people!

I'm 5' 9" (not sure if that's considered tall) and the high end of "normal" for my age and height is 169 pounds. Any more than that and my BMI would be over a normal range. So that's my goal 169

Im 5 "9 also and according to my doctor should be 150. The thinnest ive ever been as an adult was 185 and i still thought i was fat, but looking at pictues of me at 185 i looked great! I had a bypass 12 days ago and have lost 18 lbs im now 207 and am going to try my hardest to get to 150!!

I'm 5'10.5" and I have a goal of like 185. I think I'll look pretty bomb at that weight.

What is/was your goal weight??

I'm 6' tall and I've been overweight my entire life. I have no concept of what looks 'good' on my body at a healthy weight and my surgeon has not set a goal weight. At my pre-op appointment, they asked me what MY goal weight was, and I just said 'under 200 lbs.' But I know that's still overweight in terms of BMI.

What are your experiences regarding your body at different sizes? I know everyone is different, but I'd love to get some thoughts from different people!

I'm somewhere between 5'11" and 6' and my goal weight the nut said was 180. I am now at 173. I don't really want to lose anymore.

My doctor also said she likes me where I am now.

I'm 5'8" and my goal weight, picked by me, is 185. If i get below that, woohooo! But I've never been at that weight, and I know I'll look amazing there. My highest was 336. I was 302 when i had surgery on 12-1-15. I've lost 63 pounds so far. I weighed 215 when I got married 40 years ago.... so 185 sounds...amazing.....

I'm 5'9" and have been at 172 for the past couple months. According to the chart I should be 165 for a "normal" range. I'm a size 10 and don't think I can get any smaller. My hip bones stick out. I have my nine month check up this month, hopefully my doctor thinks it's ok!! Maybe when I get my extra skin removed I will lose a few more pounds.

I'm 5'11" and I would also like to be around 170ish. I have a large frame so I think if I'm any less than that then I would look sickly

Sent from my XT1080 using the BariatricPal App

I'm 5'10 and my goal is 170lbs ((which would also be 50% from my highest weight of 340lbs)). I'd like to stay at or below 170lbs since my "healthy weight" ranges from about 150-170lbs.