Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band removal/sleeve in 2 separate procedures

I'll be going in for a one stage revision, and am worried that it'll become a two stage. Are there any people who has had the band for many years? I've had my band for 8 years with good success ~100 lbs with little or no problems and maintained that weight loss but doctor suggested I get a revision to gastric sleeve since I've remained the same now for the last 3 years. I have about 70 more lbs to go. Thanks.

I go 6/30 for revision - he plans on taking band out and converting to sleeve all in one operation. So I hope I wake up with my sleeve - had my band 9 yrs

August 8th is the day I go in to have my band removed and get sleeved, all in one! Praying for us all

i am trying to get my band removed and have decided for the sleeve. Has anyone had both done the same surgery band removed and sleeve done. I am afraid I keep gaining weigh. I feel like the process is taking forever.

I have had a band for 2 years and the 28th of this month will be having it removed and the sleeve performed. Good luck with yours

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

i am trying to get my band removed and have decided for the sleeve. Has anyone had both done the same surgery band removed and sleeve done. I am afraid I keep gaining weigh. I feel like the process is taking forever.

Hi! I'm almost 2 weeks post-op and my doctor did the lap-band removal and sleeve at the same time. I'm feeling great, but I do have some pain in the incition where the port was. The doctor told me that the port was placed deeper into the tissue and that was kinda difficult to remove. Other than that, I feel really good. Freaking port, not even there anymore and still causing problems, sigh.

Good luck on your journey!

Hello all, I have been approved and received all of my next dates for Gallbladder test, Endo, Pre-op, surgery date, and 1st Post-op. I started this process in February 4th (2016) and my surgery is August 8th (2016). Thats still right at 2-months away, but I'm praying the time goes fast! I am not nervous, I am not doubting, I am ready for my life to change for the BEST! I'm also praying and hoping the best for you and our fellow weight-strugglers! Lets get it done and begin again...

I have an appointment with my bariatric Dr July 5. Lets keep each other posted with our progress.

will do!

Good luck Nina1562

My surgery is this Thursday June 23, wish me luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

BEST OF LUCK! My prayers are with you! Please keep us updated! lets support each other in this journey!