Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Doc recommends 1000 for sleeve, and 1500 for bypass.

In general the body's need for Calcium depends on gender and age. There are plenty of charts available.

Apart from that, my bariatric RD told me to take 1200 daily, but no more than 600 a pop, as we don't absorb more than that in one hit.

In general the body's need for calcium depends on gender and age. There are plenty of charts available.

Apart from that, my bariatric RD told me to take 1200 daily, but no more than 600 a pop, as we don't absorb more than that in one hit.

In general the body's need for calcium depends on gender and age. There are plenty of charts available.

Between my multi, Calcium supplement (1 tablet three times/day), and my Greek yogurt, I'm getting at least 1000mg. But with all the milk, cottage cheese, broccoli, kale, and cheese I eat, it's probably closer to 1200-1500mg most days.

Mine said 1500 a day and it has to be calcium citrate

My plan calls for 1500 in supplemental calcium citrate a day. That is in addition to whatever Calcium is in my multi. I DO NOT count my calcium intake from food in that total. I take citracal petites 500 mg at a time, 3 times a day and have since my surgery in May, 2014.

My NUT has me take 500 in the am, 500 in the pm, plus what is in my multi. It has to be calcium citrate. This does not take into account what I get in my food intake throughout the day.

I am 34 months post-op RNY gastric bypass. I take 1500 milligrams of calcium citrate spread out throughout the day. About a year ago, I thought that was too much and since I was drinking milk which contains Calcium I could probably take less pills. I dropped my dosage by about a third. When I went through my annual blood tests, it showed that I was calcium deficient. [so they caught me!!!] So I am back to my required dosage rate.

I think 1500 of calcium citrate is standard for bariatric patients. I was told to take 500 3x per day and if I get more from food, all the better. I have osteopenia, so I would not want to take less. My friend has severe osteoporsis

because she has not been taking Calcium and was sleeved a week after me.

I take 1500 a day, but am required 1200. I use the 500mg chews

So, I ran out of the Bariatric Advantage citrate chews and got some gummies from costco. Brought them home and saw they are triphosphate. Is that similar to carbonate? Hate for them to go to waste.

Take them back to costco. They are really good about taking things back. I took back a carpet I had for 3 years because it had a run in it.

Yes, you need calcium citrate. They have pills but they're big. I get the Bariatric Advantage on auto ship. It's cheaper that way.

NUT confirmed tri phosphate is like carbonate and difficult to absorb. Now where does everyone recommend getting their citrate from? That stuff isn't cheap! :)