Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worse day of my life....

Today I lost my best friend....Max, our 15 year old kitty. It was devastating and I've not stopped crying. To make things worse, I thought our 10 year old dog was depressed because his fur buddy was so sick, only today we also found out that she is in chronic renal failure and may not make it. She is at the emergency vet now on IV fluids and hoping that things are not too far gone. My adult kids and I are devastated.

I've not been eating much this week but now can not even stomach a mouth full of food. I just want to curl up with my love bugs so badly and now I can't. My kids have gone to their friends for solace as I sit here and feel sorry for myself. ????

I am so sorry for your loss. fur babies are so much a part of our families it just doesn't seem fair that they leave us so soon. Hugs for you and your kids.

If we don't cry when they die, then we didn't deserve them when they were alive.

Let yourself cry, and be sad. It's perfectly appropriate. Lucky for them they had such a loving home. But it doesn't make the hurt any better. Most of us know your pain, and it's really really hard. Hoping that your dog pulls through.

(((((((hug)))))))

I still mourn my animals who have died over the past 10yrs...Duncan and Luna (labs) and Mickey and Jonathan (tabbies).

I had to put them down and Luna was the hardest because she wasn't even two. It took me about 6 years to talk hubby into letting me get her because Duncan was our last living fur relative and we put him down in 2006. I went that long without a forever fur friend....never again. I am 53 years old going to have a fur relative until I take my last breath of I have it my way....

We now have a rescue named Sirius and I vow to never live without a pet. Hubby doesn't want to mourn another animal because it's so hard. I reminded him that we mourn because we loved them and they will be waiting for us on the other side. They loved us unconditionally.

That's some of the worst pain I've yet endured.

Yet the pain fades and the love remains.

Thanks all! They mean everything to me. Coming home this morning with no one to great me at the door was so hard.

Today I lost my best friend.

@@fat_free

grieve, cry, etc

Max/kitty will always be in your heart

gone, never forgotten

dog/renal problems -good thoughts sent your way

kathy

condolences ^_^

We lost our beloved 18 year old family kitty 2 months ago. Sure he lived a good, long life, but 18 years is a long time to be a part of a family, and now that he's gone it's really left a hole in our hearts. I feel your pain. I'm not looking forward to the day I lose any of my 3 beloved Bassett Hounds who are like our kids now that my kids are grown and gone. It really is a pain like no other.

@babbs. Yes, sure is hard. It a blessing to have these furry friends in our lives and to give us unconditional love but it's heart wrenching to let them go. I feel that because we love them like our own kids, it's even harder as it seems that they should out live us. This fella was especially hard to see him go. He certainly had and really still has my heart in his paws.

Thank you everyone for the hugs, they really do help. Also, to all who's hearts are pained by the loss of their fur friend too a virtual hug right back to you!

I am sorry for the loss of your cat and the sickness within your dog. Over the years, I have witnessed the death of many of my pets. When they pass, I find the best thing to do is to find another. You may not ever be able to replace them, but you can find another furry friend who can become enduring to you over time.

((((Hugs))))

Oh, no.......I am sorry to hear about your loss. Go ahead and cry.

A while back my sister's dog Pepper (a Dalmatian 17 years old) became very sick and was even too weak to stand. She was so devastated, so I had her and her kids bring Pepper to my house (about 20 miles away), and I took her to a vet near my house.

Those people were very nice and compassionate. They let us stay in an exam room with Pepper for a few minutes so that we could say good-bye. Oh what a hard day that was. I am even tearing up now as I type.

My great aunt wanted furry company was was not able to provide for a dog or cat, so she got a parakeet and named him Bobby. When Bobby died she got another parakeet and named him Bobby. She did this three or four times.

I agree with the others that as soon as you are up to it, go rescue another dog or cat and give them a chance to bring you joy. Hugs from Miss Mac in Chicago.

A while back my sister's dog Pepper (a Dalmatian 17 years old) became very sick and was even too weak to stand. She was so devastated, so I had her and her kids bring Pepper to my house (about 20 miles away), and I took her to a vet near my house.

Those people were very nice and compassionate. They let us stay in an exam room with Pepper for a few minutes so that we could say good-bye. Oh what a hard day that was. I am even tearing up now as I type.

My great aunt wanted furry company was was not able to provide for a dog or cat, so she got a parakeet and named him Bobby. When Bobby died she got another parakeet and named him Bobby. She did this three or four times.

I agree with the others that as soon as you are up to it, go rescue another dog or cat and give them a chance to bring you joy. Hugs from Miss Mac in Chicago.

Sorry for the multiple posting. It happens with this site sometimes.

Thanks @@Miss Mac. And @@James Marusek and @proud grammy. (And everyone else). We just got back from emerg vet for a visit and she is not improving. We are giving her another day in hopes it will help and for us to adjust I think. I just can't believe two in one weekend! Heart wrenching. I still can't eat. Has to be a first for me in my life.