Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any New Hampshire newbies?

Here is a before and after of me. My surgery was march 7th. I've had great results with CMC. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1477842975.514449.jpg

You look great! You should update your profile to show how much weight you've lost. Right now I think it says 15 pounds!

I think I've worked out my childcare issue, so I am hoping to go to the info meeting at cmc on wednesday.

Here is a before and after of me. My surgery was march 7th. I've had great results with CMC. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1477842975.514449.jpg

You look great! You should update your profile to show how much weight you've lost. Right now I think it says 15 pounds!

I think I've worked out my childcare issue, so I am hoping to go to the info meeting at cmc on wednesday.

Good point I didn't even think to do that!!! That's great that you can go this week, the sooner you get started the sooner you can start your journey!!!

Let me know how it goes

Hey fellow NHers!!! I wanted to check in and see how you're doing with your journey. I hope all is going well!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I've made my appointments, so I guess I'm on the road now!! I'm increasing my exercise and making a few changes to my diet. Slow but steady wins the race, right?

Hey fellow NHers!!! I wanted to check in and see how you're doing with your journey. I hope all is going well!!

I've made my appointments, so I guess I'm on the road now!! I'm increasing my exercise and making a few changes to my diet. Slow but steady wins the race, right?

That's fantastic!!! I'm so happy for you :). It is journey and it takes time but it is so worth it!! I just had my 9 month follow up and it went great. It's amazing how fast the time goes. This time last year I was where you are and now I'm almost at goal weight. You will be there next year!!!

I was hoping for an August surgery date, but I will be sleeved in September, which works out fine too. Now I just have to wait.....

On 7/31/2017 at 10:05 AM, ZinNH said:

I was hoping for an August surgery date, but I will be sleeved in September, which works out fine too. Now I just have to wait.....

I was hoping for Aug too but I'm Sept 26, 2017. I started the process in March and got everything done by early June and now it's the sit and wait. I'd love to keep this thread going of people from this area that have gone thru CMC. All of my pre surgery stuff has been thru NEWMI and my surgeon is Dr. Wu.

7 hours ago, HollieAyne said:

I was hoping for Aug too but I'm Sept 26, 2017. I started the process in March and got everything done by early June and now it's the sit and wait. I'd love to keep this thread going of people from this area that have gone thru CMC. All of my pre surgery stuff has been thru NEWMI and my surgeon is Dr. Wu.

You're two weeks after me, same surgeon! Do you go to the suppport groups? The time conflicts with something else, so I didn't get to go to many. I should be able to go from now on though.

2 minutes ago, ZinNH said:

You're two weeks after me, same surgeon! Do you go to the suppport groups? The time conflicts with something else, so I didn't get to go to many. I should be able to go from now on though.

I went to the required ones at CMC but I have to admit that I was a bit unhappy with them. They always seemed like an infomercial and less informative. I did take away some small tid bit here or there but not enough to make it worth it. The Protein sampling night they did wasn't the greatest. All of those Proteins are so gross and low quality. And don't even get me started on the artificial sweeteners in them lol. I would love to see a "before" group and and "after" group. That would be more helpful. I do plan on trying a few more to see if I find them helpful. I'd love to keep in touch with you and see how everything is going. Dr. Wu seemed so great in the meeting I had with him so I feel like we are in very good hands.

I thought I heard someone say that there was a support group for post op patients, but I haven't been told anything, so maybe I am imagining that. I didn't love the support group meetings that I attended because they were so big. I didn't go to the Protein tasting.

You'll be starting your pre-op diet the day I have my surgery. I'm on day 4. It's getting a little easier. At least my headache has gone away.

I'm dreading it. I know it's important and will adhere to it but man oh man am I just ready for the surgery. What's causing the headache?

I thought I remembered something about the post op group too but nothing confirmed. I'll do some digging to see what I can find.

My surgery was yesterday, and so far it's been smooth sailing. Very little pain. I'm ridiculously thirsty, but other than that, no complaints. Everyone here at CMC has been just wonderful. I've been very impressed with the level of care I've been given. (Don't get me wrong, I am still looking forward to going home tomorrow!)

Feel free to ask me anything!

Oh wow. So glad it's been good so far. So they are keeping you for two nights? I can't seem to get clarity on that. I was actually there yesterday for my pre-op anesthesia appt. Dr. Wu's anesthesiologist met me at 10:20 looking like she came right out of the operating room. You were probably the one in there! Are you in a private room? Did you get the carb drink? Clearfast I think they called it. I was very dehydrated going into my hysterectomy in 2011 so I'm happy to hear that they are letting us have drinks to help with that. How are you feeling with sipping drinks? Are they concerned that you're so thirsty?

2 hours ago, HollieAyne said:

Oh wow. So glad it's been good so far. So they are keeping you for two nights? I can't seem to get clarity on that. I was actually there yesterday for my pre-op anesthesia appt. Dr. Wu's anesthesiologist met me at 10:20 looking like she came right out of the operating room. You were probably the one in there! Are you in a private room? Did you get the carb drink? Clearfast I think they called it. I was very dehydrated going into my hysterectomy in 2011 so I'm happy to hear that they are letting us have drinks to help with that. How are you feeling with sipping drinks? Are they concerned that you're so thirsty?

I'm here for two nights. I know they've just started letting some people go home after one. They didn't give me the drink, since I'm here for two. My surgery was in the afternoon yesterday, which was actually nice because I had time to run errands before I came!

the rooms are semi private. I didn't have a roommate at first, but then at 3 this morning, they moved someone in. She's had family visiting all day, but it hasn't bothered me at all, because there's a curtain between the bed. We share a bathroom though, which is weird, because the nurses will keep track of what you drink, and how much you pee. So you'll have to pee into a plastic thing (called a hat) and leave it there for them!

I've been hooked up to an IV since I got here, so I'm not technically dehydrated. I'm just super thirsty. It's such a strange feeling to have to go to the bathroom so much and still feel thirsty!

i haven't had any problems drinking the Water. It's just hard to sip it as slowly as they want me to! I'm looking forward to clear drinks in the morning

i packed my bag, but I didn't even touch it until this morning. Yesterday I mostly slept all day. They gave me a tube of moisturizing chap stick, so I didn't need my own. The drink you have to take before your X-ray is disgusting and leaves a horrible taste in your mouth, but brushing your teeth afterward will help. Today I tried to read a magazine hat I brought with me, but ended up falling asleep. I don't feel tired- I think I am just bored.

I loaded up some tv shows and movies on my iPad, but I've been watching the tv in the room more instead. Each bed has its own tv, and the speaker is in the remote control, so my roommate's tv doesn't bother me.

they will also give you a morphine drip, and you can push the button every ten minutes if you feel pain. The only pain I am feeling is from the IV injection site. When I get up out of the bed or chair, the incisions hurt a teeny bit, but that is to be expected.

I did feel like someone was coming in to my room all night long to get my vitals, but my blood pressure went up and has not been coming down, so that could just be for my situation.

Edited by ZinNH

I had VSG with Dr. Catania in March. Never had a single complaint through the entire process - they're very well organized and helpful when needed :) Well, I would have liked a private room, but that's it. I also barely touched anything in my bag during my stay. They really do provide pretty much everything. I was there for 2 nights. I took the RX liquid pain meds regularly for a few days at home just to allow myself to heal a bit without worrying about the pain, but after about 5 days I switched to regular liquid tylenol and that worked fine for me. My biggest struggle those first days was liquids, but that also got easier.

The first 10 days were ROUGH, but honestly after about 2 weeks I felt pretty normal. Just tired from lack of calories. Now, at about 6m out I feel like nothing changed except how much I can eat. I have my 6m checkup next week and I'm down about 70lbs since the beginning of my journey. I'm losing slower but I'm hypothyroid so I expected it. And 70lbs is 70lbs! I am WAY more active and feel amazing.

Totally worth it to me! :)