Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Laura,

I don't know your personal situation concerning weight-loss surgery, but I do know that if you qualified for surgery then it's a matter of health. This matter and health is either consciously or unconsciously defined. I see weight-loss surgery as being similar to medicating an acne outbreak. Things tend to get worse before they get better. I know for me personally, after surgery I could not drink Water without becoming nauseous for a month. I cannot swallow my own saliva for close to two months. What I did do is get off my high blood pressure medicine within the first three weeks after surgery. Also, within a matter of 4 1/2 months I had lost a whole person. So, know that there is a Silverlining in this whole matter. You will do great! Remember to look forward without looking back. Embrace the future that you have ahead of you, because it's bright!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@o2bskinny wow.... Perfectly put

Just remember, what you're feeling now won't be what you're going to be feeling 1 week, 3 months, a year from now. The pain and discomfort is all temporary. You'll get through it, and come out a stronger, healthier, happier person in the end. I promise.

yep I was sleeping the 9th and have the same problem. I hope you start to feel better soon

I have to say 48 hours makes a big difference. It quickly gets better. But the first 48 hours is hard. I am glad I had support from all of you. Heating pad was a god send.

4 Days post op. Was still starving after surgery. Is something wrong ? Im still craving food. Had 2 bites if yogurt yesterday feel like im starving Protein shakes aren't the best either. Please someone say im not alone in this battle for a healthier life. I even crave food more now than i ever did b4

Grammy

Sent from my LGLS885 using the BariatricPal App

4 Days post op. Was still starving after surgery. Is something wrong ? Im still craving food. Had 2 bites if yogurt yesterday feel like im starving Protein shakes aren't the best either. Please someone say im not alone in this battle for a healthier life. I even crave food more now than i ever did b4

Grammy

Sent from my LGLS885 using the BariatricPal App

you have hunger hormone still in your system. I was quite hungry the first week - but after that not usually. a little hungry maybe twice a day, have to make sure I eat on schedule otherwise my tummy complains when I do eat.

U are not alone!!!!!! I just crave everything ...... Today I had mashed potatoes, never really felt "full" but for some reason just stopped eating. A normal serving for some reason was broken up into 3. I think this is my new full? But yes, commercials, smells, life... I just want so many different things

@@nervousnelly719, @@lisyl & @@laura_rose16 - I think you all are experiencing the norm for most:

buyers remorse (it does get better)

head hunger (craving food, when you are NOT really hunger)

the realization of your new "full" (yes 1 former serving now = 3 servings!)

Stay on plan provided by your medical team: hydrate, move and protein!

Stay off the scale, or only weigh weekly!

Measure yourself now so when the scale doesn't move you can see the NSV in the tape measurement :D

Grammy

Head hunger and acid reflux will make you feel this way. Surgery isn't a magic fix for you to never crave the things you love. I love baked goods and I crave them constantly. It'll get better, I promise!

The only advise I can give you is sip sip sip....You will feel better I promise! Best to you!!

My two days in the hospital and first two days at home were kinda lousy. But by the time I got to purees in week two, I had "cabin fever" and would have bounced off the walls if I had any energy. I was just bored of TV, reading, and resting.

If your new tummy has not been making gurgling noises yet, it will. My "Miss Tummy" sounded like a dinosaur fight for three months!

Your first year will be up before you know it.

but how do u know, in the beginning when you "full" or satisfied for a better term?

I'm 3 weeks post-op and I usually begin to burp constantly and sort of feel my food trying to come up. That's how I know I'm full or probably ate too fast.