Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone please help me?

I wanna keep it short(try) I am an American who gotslaved in Jordan while I am living in Saudi Arabia! Yes u heard me right. Today is 2 months post op. Yesterday was the third time I had this pain I'm going through. .first week of post sleeve then 5th week and now 8th week it lasts for 4 to 5 days. It start out with constricted esophagus right at the incision between the breasts.. then my heart feels painful and heavish then I get a slight fever not too bad but enough where my whole body aches and I get cold. (I have 2 take pain pills) this only takes the chills and aches in my body away. NOT the chest or esophagus.

I have been 2 doc but long story short.. u have to be smart on what time u go to the er and have to look like ur dying! !so I got over the pain myself. . But now it's back I will go to the emergency at 6 am tomorrow bcuz that's the best time. But does anyone know what this could be. It goes away if I am on liquids for a few days and rest. It's literally one specific place in my esophagus (between breasts ) and once Water or food goes down and passes that specific place it feels forced and hurting where I close my eyes or clench my hands until it passes. Is my esophagus too narrow? And causing inflammation? I'm soooo scared cuz I don't fully trust these ppl although they have everything.. I may have to pay a lot of money to western doctor here to feel comfortable enough. Sorry it's long this is depressing. I never felt this sad ever. I got 2 kids. . I want this to go away! !!

I think you are going to need medical tests and a doctor for this one. could it be an ulcer? inflammation? a narrow spot? any of those. needs to be checked out.

From what I've been told, it could be that you ate something that bruised tour esophagus which will cause inflammation and you have to go on liquids for a few days. But you sound more extreme. I'd want an MRI or some type of scan done to see what's going on. So sorry you are experiencing this. Hang in there.

I hope they find out what is wrong and treat it quickly. Please keep us updated!

Could be a stricture. Could be taking too big of bites when you eat. I had an esophageal spasm a week ago and it was similar to what you described but without fever. I agree with other posters, see a Western doctor familiar with bariatric surgery.

Thank you guys for replying. . It made me happy to see your responses!I have been in the hospital for the past 3 days. Our hospital is one of the best. It's called national guard in riyad. Saturday :pain was unbearable..on my back and my heart.. I was screaming it was that bad. Not the stomach the back and chest.

Rushed to the ER. Got admitted immediately.got ct scan found abyss in my incision between the breasts. I was on a fast since being here.they tried to do leak test and feed me through a tube but I was so nauseous from one of their pain killers I just ended up throwing everything up and screamed take this crap out and they did because it felt like it was suffocating me.

so Final thing they said tonight now that I'm not throwing up. They told me they will do the leak in the morning and if it is a leak they will tube feed me and fix it with a Stent. I asked the doc.. what if it isn't he said it must be because the infection usually means it's a leak. He scared the heck out of me. I can't explain but I don't feel much in my tummy except sometimes heartburn or the sore incision. Why can't it just be a infection? So I messaged my surgeon in Jordan who everyone goes to and is just very experienced. I'm thinking if it is indeed a leak I will leave the Saudi hospital take a flight down there and have him fix me. What do u guys think? He cares more also. The antibiotics has taken the pain away for about 80 % so I was thinking to not put my trust in their hands even if they are good. I'm apprehensive. . And does anyone know if u could just have an abyss without a leak? Please don't mind my writing and I made this a lot simpler than it was this was easily one of the most drained and painful times. (Not my organs only chest and back)