Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Haven't been here in a loooong time! But I'm a year out and I'm having problems losing :(

So my last maybe 3 or 4 appointments with my surgeon were rather disappointing. In the laft 4-6 months I haven't lost ANYTHING (Maybe 5 pounds)!!!!!!!!!!! My surgeon's goal for me was to be under 200 when he saw me for my 1 year appointment. That was 12 February(2 days after the actual 1 year mark). He wasn't happy....so you know I wanted to cry right there! He must have seen it in my eyes because he quickly let me know that I didn't do bad, I just should have been further along. So I now have until May to lose 35 pounds and I am eating much better, I am getting in more Protein and I am exercising at least 3 days (pushing for 5) a week. My scale hasn't budged. My stomach seems to not want to do anywhere. I was losing inches at one point but I've been stuck in this size 16 for 4 months now.

I'm very frustrated. I need to know what to do to get this thing moving again. My goal was to be at my goal size (6) by my 1 year surgiversary. Now it's by 18 months but it's not going to happen if my hard work is not reaping any rewards. I almost feel like I shouldn't eat anything.....ever....and just go exercise. But that's not a good thing :(

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please :)

post-234626-0-15472500-1457554608_thumb.jpg

Edited by laurenella82

You definitely need to keep eating! So you aren't losing weight as quickly as you'd like. So what? You aren't GAINING weight either! It sounds like you know what you need to do. You need to increase your Protein, cut out the carbs, and get active. I know that if you do those things (plus get all your water!), the scale will start moving again. It's not always immediate though, so don't expect immediate results. A new workout routine can actually cause you to gain weight in the very beginning, because your muscles will retain Water to heal themselves when you start working them for the first time in a while.

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat. My last couple of visits were very discouraging as well. I am 9 months out with a weight loss of only 40lbs give or take a pound depending on the day. I went in last month again with my frustrations of not losing any weight at all the last 3 months and they put me on diet pills. I said from the get go I felt like I was able to eat too much and my hunger seems to be more than everyone I personally know who has had the surgery. Their solution was to put me on Phentermine for 30days to help hunger and possibly shrink my tummy down if I expanded it. I had weight loss surgery because I was tired of the pills and diets but said ok, and went with it. I go back tomorrow to check in since its been 30 days and have only lost 4lbs. I have no idea what they're going to do then. My starting weight was the same as yours, as well. It can be SO hard to watch everyone else have more success around you. I wonder all the time if I failed my sleeve or my sleeve failed me. I really don't know. What I do know is I watch every single bite of food, drink my Protein Shakes and get my Water in to the point where its becoming obsessive, and that's no good. I hope your stall breaks for you, I really feel for you that's forsure!

Thanks ladies. @AmberWarstler, I feel you. I've been on phentermine and I don't really want to go back but if it will kick start me I may consider it for 2 weeks

Edited by laurenella82

That was my doc's idea. I don't know if tomorrow they will keep me on or try and see if I can start losing on my own. Some people think its the easy way out to have weight loss surgery but don't understand how hard it really can be. Good luck!

It's not easy by ANY means!

My old Nut wouldn't prescribe them to any of her patients. I didn't want them then but I had read a lot of people saying they were put on them because of extremes stalls. I wonder what the new one will say.

@@laurenella82

What are your Macros? Carbs,Protein,Fat? How many calories are you have a day? Do you track with an app? The app I use will tell me my average calories over a time period.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

@@OutsideMatchInside I don't track every day. When I do I use MFP. This is what it looked like today....post-234626-14575697613559_thumb.jpg

A couple things to work on, if you aren't, 1) don't drink any calories (focus on eating to fire your metabolism and help with feeling satisfied. ) 2) make sure you are weight training. Muscles burn more calories than fat and they burn more calories at rest. So don't go more than 48 hours without lifting weights.

In order to stop losing, I had to slow down my weight training. I couldn't eat more and didn't want to eat crap, but I had the opposite problem of not being able to stop losing. Turns out it was my big muscles :))))

@@CBT how much cardio do you do?

I am so glad to see this posting. I have actually gained back 25 lbs over the last 10 months or so. It's my fault because I have taken up "grazing" at night. Not a good thing. I also got back into cake decorating & I love frosting. I think I finally got this back under control in the last few days. I'm starting over with the liquid diet then soft foods. I don't think I've stretched my stomach because I don't eat much each time. The grazing is my big enemy. I stopped using my Bariactric Pal & stopped logging in my food. I'm trying to get back in that habit again. I have no one to blame but myself & I need to work harder on me. I live alone so I can't blame it on anyone else. But, one day at a time.

I would still do the surgery again. Good luck everyone. Onward & downward!!

@@maxcimax I'm thinking about starting over as well. My problem with that is I get really hungry sometimes! I make cupcakes and I have an order to fill this weekend. I have 3 others in my house that always want cupcakes for here when I make hem for someone else and that's going to be an issue...I make pretty good cupcakes! [emoji81]like you said, One Day at a time!

@@CBT how much cardio do you do?

I do interval training with weights every other day or just weights and low impact aerobics. I dance 3 days a week for 75 minutes. One rest day.

Hi - year on 3/16. I'm down from about 300 to 218 lbs. I haven't lost a pound since about Thanksgiving. I had my gall bladder out and was extremely addicted to Pain pills from about Sept 2015 to Jan 2016 when the docs stopped writing scripts.

I was drinking a lot of alcohol and just gave up on eating regular food (Protein & veggies) and pretty much just lived on sweets and carbs. Maybe yogurt and milk in my coffee.

Pretty pathetic.

I'm in recovery now, and trying to really cut out carbs and refined sugar, eat more Protein and Fiber (veggies and soluble fiber).

I won't even go see my surgeon because I'm embarrassed. I don't exercise but my partner and I will be moving to a different city soon with access to jogging / biking trails right out our new house.

Anyway, I hope it's not too late for me. I have not gained back but the "honey moon" phase is over. I can eat more than I used too when it comes to carbs. Oddly, they don't make me full, only when I eat meat is when I'm stuffed. I hate meat lol.

But, back on track and getting healthy again. I'm seeing a counselor about my addictions and hope all of us 1 year anniversary gals who kinda just stopped losing short of our goals will persist and succeed!

Prayers to you all.

I just wanted to stop by to say you look amazing!