Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In a funk ... and need to vent

Been "one of those days" for close to 2 weeks now ... just can't seem to shake this funk that is pulling me down. The hubs & I have been a bit off lately and nit picking at each other. The daughter has hit the "I'm 18 and want to do nothing" stage, making me understand why some animals eat their young. Work is getting more stressful than usual with the other half of me out for medical procedure (not WLS or related) and now having to extend her leave. I haven't been able to get my usual walking in due to an over full schedule. Annnddd to top it all off I seem to have hit another stall. What I really want to do is lock myself in my room and have a good cry and a full on pity party, but I just can't justify the damned time!!!

Tomorrow things will start to get better, right?!?!? Someone just lie to me and tell me it will.

I don't lie (at least willingly or easily), so believe me when I tell you that things will start to get better tomorrow or even sooner!

IMHO, there is always time for a good cry.

It's been "one of those days" for me for the past several months lol... Having a teething toddler and in-laws living at my house has made for some pretty bad times. And now I have a cold, courtesy of my teething toddler, so that's added to the fun.

I'm getting through it by making sure I have something to look forward to. I'm going to Florida in May and I'm really excited about that. I'm scheduling a massage for the end of the month. Gonna check out the local concert schedule and get tickets for a comedy festival coming to town in June. And I'm plotting out my garden in my mind and am looking forward to sprucing up my yard and growing fruits/veggies for the first time.

Life is a series of ups and downs. You'll be on the upswing again soon, as will I :)

by 18 they're too tough to eat.... ;-)

It will get better. "funks" are temporary.

Or rent a chipper...your choice.

:P

Edited by amazon

Sorry about the funk @WorkinOnMe. They stink.

As far as the relationship with hubby, you might want to look into Dr. Gottman's work: http://www.amazon.com/The-Relationship-Cure-Strengthening-Friendships/dp/0609809539/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0Z01QG11MRDQZYCG3RM0

He not only has some very good advice, it's actually backed up by some very serious science (which I appreciate, it's nice not getting relationship advice based off sentiment, circumstances which are different from yours, or just moral pleading/whining).

My girlfriend and I have been working through his book together (we don't have any problems, but at our age we really want to get this right). It has really opened up new channels of very deeply meaningful communications. His methods make it extremely safe to discuss hard issues.

:)

Everyone is entitled to bitch now and then. Bitch away. :)

Thanks guys! The week seems to have gotten a bit better as it went on. My husband & I have a great relationship and good communication ... usually. The stress from his job & the added stress from mine seemed to all hit at once making us more irritable than normal and less likely to talk it out. The daughter, well, I still want to give her away most days but she's at least helping a bit more after daddy & I threatened to cut off her tuition for extra curriculars. I think she realized I am serious. Work is still stressful & will be for another week or so, but it is at least a bit more manageable and my colleague is now up for conversations/video chat so that helps.

The only thing that still has me down is this stall... again. I am pretty good about what I eat & getting my fluids and Protein. Lately I just haven't had time for the exercise so I know deep down that is hurting me. I have a 5K in a week that I know I won't be ready for, but there just aren't enough hours in the day this month. I am hoping to start my training for a half in April, so I am optimistic that the routine walking will help.

Silver lining ... I haven't had to buy new clothes in almost 1 whole month!!! :)

Edited by WorkinOnMe

wow! you have lost a LOT of weight! Take some time to Celebrate that - go treat yourself to a facial or massage - or a trip to the beach if you have one close by. Schedule a long walk and leave the world behind for a while. Sometimes life gets pretty hectic and we have challenges thrown at us from everywhere; it can be pretty unfair and overwhelming. Take some time to take care of yourself - even if you have to schedule it - I find when I am able to do this, my whole attitude and outlook on my life gets an 'adjustment' - Usually none of the situations have changed, but my ourlook has.

I hope things get better soon - and. by the way - the stall will end. Try not to dwell on it.

Sounds like a stressful time but you seem to have a good support system in your husband. Life will continue on, and you'll get through this. Like the saying goes: "Take a lesson from your dog: Just kick some grass over that s**t and move on."

Edited by jj7481

If life hands you lemons, make.lemonade.

Then add some vodka and enjoy. :)

As far as the massage goes try to book one with a local school that offers it as a deciplin because its usually much cheaper than a spa and you help the kids practice I am a massage therapist and those people who came in offered valuable lessons

Hope things are going better for you.

I am starting to see more and more how job stress can spill over into other areas of my life and muddy the waters making it hard to distinguish it from relationship stress. It poisons perception and becomes a negative filter that taints everything.

I'm grateful that I see this more clearly now and am open to making constructive changes.

Hope things are going better for you.

I am starting to see more and more how job stress can spill over into other areas of my life and muddy the waters making it hard to distinguish it from relationship stress. It poisons perception and becomes a negative filter that taints everything.

I'm grateful that I see this more clearly now and am open to making constructive changes.

Hiya Dub!

Things have gotten somewhat better on the home front. The hubby & I are talking more and I know a lot of the stress is coming from his new position/promotion that starts next week. We honestly don't have a whole lot of relationship stress, but like you said, other things muddy the waters and makes it so no one wants to swim ... let alone hang out at the watering hole!

I still want to give away my youngest child some days (any takers?!?!?), but I think she has really begun to see things from our perspective recently. I can't say she "gets it" yet, but hoping someday (soon) the light bulb goes on.

I'm still stuck in a stall ... which is just pissing me off now. It seems like I barely get past one and another hits. I've been able to get out walking more though, so at least it clears my head. I love my "me" time when I head out for 4 or 5 miles of solitude. I get lots of thinking done and most times this helps reduce the stress as well. Now, if the body would just cooperate a little ....