Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Loosing any weight!!!!!

Hi there, just wondering if anyone else has has difficulty loosing weight, I am eating so little and still no weight is coming off. I have only lost about 7-8 pounds since the surgery two weeks ago, and I know that is some weight, but I feel discouraged that I hear others lose so much in the first weeks that I just thought I would too. I have checked with my doctor and he has okayed that I can start doing my cardio exercises, maybe that will help drop some weight. If anyone out there has any tips for me to speed up my weight loss, please share them with me, it just doesn't seem fair that I am eating like a little birdy and not losing any weight, because the initial weight I lost was lost in the first three days and I have been the same weight now for a week and a half. Guess it just takes time.

Hi I know just what you mean, I felt like that too. Almost like it just wasn't working for me. I lost a few pounds initially, then after week 2 I didn't lose any weight for 2.5 weeks. When I got back on regular food I even gained 3 back. Then after a no scale movement spell, I finally dropped a couple, and now I average 1-2 pounds a week.

I find that I lose the most regularly when I drink lots of Water. I'm 8 weeks out and I've lost 22 pounds, I lost 12 pounds the first 3 weeks, then nearly nothing for a few weeks.

Be patient, your body is adjusting. You're probably retaining Water because of the trauma related to the surgery, and subsequent intake reduction. So your body is in starvation mode, it's holding on to everything. It will eventually adjust, and if you're eating the right kinds of foods you'll start losing again. Remember Protein first, then veggies, then if you have room, carbs or a bite of dessert.

Those who stress drinking lots of water aren't just playing lipservice, I found out the hard way that they are absolutely right. When I go through the drive ups, no more cokes for me, I ask for ice water, when I'm home, it's harder for some reason to get the water in, but I'm making the effort and it's paying off. I buy bottled water, a case is much cheaper than pop, and keep it in the fridge, that seems to help.

good luck, and hang in there. You're headed in the right direction.

ditto here lost weight fast the firs 2 weeks now stagnent and well yesterday gained 2 lbs-- what's uppie with that-don't feel its working- drinking plenty of h2o-peing all the time- and well getting frustrated-- lets just both agree to hang in there and wait this stagnent time out!

It's a well known complaint before the first fill and even sometimes, the second or third that people aren't dropping weight. Remember, the average weight loss (over a period of time) is 5-10lbs per month. This may not happen every week, consistently, but I can almost promise you by this time next year, you will have lost an average of 5-10lbs per month AS LONG as you have met the band halfway. Protein, Water and exercise.

During this trying phase of being UNfilled, you may want to try tracking your foods on www.fitday.com. Sometimes carbs and fats slow us down and we're not even aware we're loading up on them. This is not something you'll want to do every single day of your life, but it is good to go there and check on your habits for a few days at a time to see if you're heading in the right direction. Sometimes, we're not getting ENOUGH calories... check it out and see! Good luck!

This too shall pass ladies just keep telling yourself that because it does pass. I'm only 4 months out (almost) and I've hit little mini plateaus but then it passed and my average is still 10lbs. a months! But I'll go a whole week w/o the scale moving. It even goes up at times which freaks me out! Then I'll go get dressed and have to put yet another article of clothing in the"Too big pile" and feel tons lighter!

SOmetimes not eating enough is the problem..your body goes into starvation mode if you are not eating enough and you will not lose.It will hold onto every morsel of food you put in it. Also you had the period where you were not able to keep down Water or any food..so my point is well validated here, now that you are putting food back into your body, it is conserving it since you starved it for that period of time when you were too tight. It will pass once your body adjusts to it..it's probably in shock since the troubles you had earlier. Hang in there~

What stage are you in? liquids, mushies, solids? Please do track your food on fitday for a few days. That will show you how much you're eating, a breakdown of what you're eating, Fluid intake, exercise, etc. Are you eating Protein first, then vegetables, then low carbs (if room left)? Get that waterload in, but not with meals. Do some form of exercise faithfully. You do not have a fill right now. The swelling is going down in your tummy. You may gain some weight back. But the important thing is to heal now. Eat nutrious, healthy foods. Give your body time to get over the trauma of surgery and anesthesia. It will get better with each passing day.

please remember that this isn't a quick fix. My husband has to remind me of that the weeks where my weight doesn't change. I bet you will find that even though the scales aren't moving you will still be shrinking. Clothes mysteriously get bigger even though the numbers don't. Hang in there. It will come off eventually.

Thank you for all your good advice, I have started excercising again and I feel really good about that, went back to Curves and did my 2 miles this morning, it was really hard to get out of my warm bed, but I am anxious to see results so I am going to do my part... I go on vacation next month to visit family in Mexico and I am scheduled to get a fill while I am down there, I think I want to have it at the end of my vacation because I don't really now what to expect. Can you tell me what exactly I will be experiencing with my fill, I have a 1.5 right now so I don't know what is next for me. Have a wonderful weekend as I know I am planning to, I am on my way to Miami to a concert, so I am looking forward to my weekend away.

Take Care and God Bless you all, I am so happy that I found you all, you are now part of my extended family.

I too have been feeling down,I just went to the doctor and only lost 2 pounds. He gave me my second fill so I hope this helps.

My husband, god love him, thinks that everytime I get a fill that I am failing. I am feeling so bad already and then he just adds to my misery. My weight problems have been an issue with us for so many years and he feels that I am not taking this serious. I just told him about my loss and he just hung up on me and I dred going home tonight. Why can't they understand? He has no faith left in me and it hurts even though I know why he feels this way. I guess the only way to prove him wrong will be to show him.

In the meantime I am thankful I can vent here with all you wonderful people.

Good luck to all and have a great Holiday!

People who have not struggled with their weight all their lives..just don't get it, husbands included. I'm sorry you have to feel like you are dreading to go home. Does he realize the band was designed to be filled to help us in our weight loss? It is part of the whole banding process, fills, unfills etc...Someday maybe he will get it! Until then, you just keep doing what you are doing. You will succeed. This is not a race but a journey...Congrats on your 2 lbs loss. You are doing great! Keep telling yourself that!

54 lbs since June is fantastic...how many other diets or weight loss programs have you tried over the years where you lost 54 lbs in5 months? Let him chew on that for awhile!! Hang in there ~

Gina, 54 pounds! Wow, girl! You are definitely not a failure! Maybe you can get your DH to read some literature on the band. Adjustments (getting fills) are how the band continues to work with us. Take care of yourself and really have a wonderful weekend!

I am sorry that your husband is not being supportive, I too went through that with mine and it is very hurtful that the person that should be there for you, isn't.. I sat him down and explained how he makes me feel when he acts like a big jerk and not support me in this. I guess he finally got it because he has been different with me, have a talk with your husband and see if he too will understand where your coming from and where you are trying to get. This is difficult as it is, you don't need the stress of dealing with him. I wish you the best and congratulate you on your weight loss, I have only lost about 15 pounds so I still have a ways to go and I am scared becasue I don't know what to expect with the fill, the fill that I have now was done at surgery so I don't have any clue as to how it will be. Is it painful? I hope not. God Bless you and have a wonderful Holiday.

I just had my first fill and was nervous about it for a long time. The first time they didn't use flouro and I got poked a lot but even then it wasn't too painful. My guess is we don't have many nerves in our fatty part of our belly's. The next time I went back they used flouro and it was wonderful. Just a single poke and it was all done with. I only got 1 cc. but it has restricted me enough to kick-start my weight loss again in a big way. Hope yours goes smoothly.

Gina, I am afraid I would have probably womped your hubby right over the head with that kind of attitude. What a shmuck!!! My husband knows I am dissappointed enough when I don't lose anything for the week without adding to it. He has made comments concerning eating too much dessert but maybe just once or twice and it wasn't really meanly or condescending. Dang, does your hubby know that the average loss is ONLY SUPPOSED to be 1-2 lbs per week??? Tell him not to criticize you until he has done his research on the subject because he has obviously not done so. Be strong girl!!! Teresa