Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you use the chat room if you knew where it was?

We used to chat a lot in the evenings. It was a lot of fun. People could get their questions answered, as well as off topic chatting about real life issues and topics.

Now the chat button is on a drop down menu when you use the button above called PATIENTS . If it said chat somewhere, would you check it out?

Some people like live chatting, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I might...

I would

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Not too likely but you are right, I know the button is there somewhere, but out of sight out of mind.

I am in there now, but it's only me lol I must say it's riveting conversation! jkjk

Yep every time I go there I am the only one.

Suggestion to Alex Our BP Founder

There should be a thread of a set time that each different type of WLS group can meet in chat. Say A certain night at 7 is for those who have had the sleeve. Another night for gastric bypass. Another night for those attending or wanting info about the OAC. Another night for pre surgery. A night were we can all chat regardless of pre or post or the surgery we had. Not intending to leave any WLS group out but I am sure you all get the idea.

Yep every time I go there I am the only one.

Suggestion to Alex Our BP Founder

There should be a thread of a set time that each different type of WLS group can meet in chat. Say A certain night at 7 is for those who have had the sleeve. Another night for gastric bypass. Another night for those attending or wanting info about the OAC. Another night for pre surgery. A night were we can all chat regardless of pre or post or the surgery we had. Not intending to leave any WLS group out but I am sure you all get the idea.

You need to pm him this exact post to Alex Brecher. The main thing to include is to put the chat button where people can see it. We can arrange a schedule once we get it going.

Like CG Jane said, out of sight, out of mind.

Oooorrrrrr...

Those who enjoy chat can just go there and hang out until someone else turns up...

That's what I do most (Australian) evenings despite the fact that this forum is mostly folks from the US who are asleep at this time...

Sometimes nobody turns up...

Sometimes people do...

In my opinion, formalizing who can chat and when and what about (potentially) is a little unnecessary...

Let's just hang out and meet people...

Too many rules crushes my spirit...

Or something like that..

Of course, I could be wrong...

Most people don't even know there is a chat room. That's why I am trying to figure out if people would chat more if they actually could see the chat button.

I found that the chat is accessible from the app, but it's not convenient to hang out there waiting for someone to show up, because it keeps you hostage (no split screen or anything), so I think a schedule would be a good idea.

Edited by DaisyAmy

I might

Meh ... a chat room is a chat room.

Imagine a pub where you were allowed to attend only when your age group or gender was allowed.

There are three of us in the chat room currently! :)

I forgot that a lot of people are posting on the board from their phones or tablets.

It's so much easier on a computer or lap top because you can just minimize it and open another window to do what you normally do, like read the board.

I think that most people that post and read the board don't even know there is a chat room..