Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been tired tired tired for about a week and a half to two weeks. Hardly able to keep my eyes open, kind of tired. Surgery date was Dec 28. I began taking B-12 on January 28, the sub lingual, quick dissolve pills 5000mcg Natures' Bounty brand. I'm not sure that the B-12 has anything to do with my lack of energy or not. I went from power walking religiously nearly every day and going to the gym 3-4 days a week and hitting the weights, to not having the energy or will power to do the power walks. I'm still hitting the gym 3-4 times a week, but it is a real struggle. With the amount of Protein I take in each day, it looks like I would have energy to spare. What gives? Just my body going through all the changes in relatively rapid order? Or should I try B-12 monthly injections instead of the OTC pills?

Have you spoken with your doctor? I mean your primary doctor, not your surgeon. There can be many, many reasons for the kind of fatigue you describe, most of which have absolutely nothing to do with your sleeve.

Did you check your blood pressure and are you getting enough Water?

How much Protein are you taking in daily? You said enough, but I didn't see a number. Possible you need more because of the weight lifting. I agree you should talk to your primary.

I m probably not the best person to ask since I haven't had surgery yet, but that's exactly how I felt when I tried to do Atkins a few years ago. In my case I wasn't getting enough carbs; the 20g allowed in the Induction phase were just too few. I found for me, about 60-80g of carbs per day were necessary. I know that we are encouraged to eat low carb after surgery, so I second the others' advice to see your GP and speak to your NUT about this. Don't wait.

How much Protein are you getting? How many calories? Are you getting all of your Water in? I agree with the others that it might be worth a trip to your PCP to get some blood work done and see if there might be some sort of deficiency.

I drink at least 100 ounces of Water a day, and take in 70-75 grams of Protein. sleep has been fine, although it takes every ounce of my being to get up in the mornings.

My blood pressure has been funky lately, and at the advice of my PCP, I have cut the dose in half. Even with taking half a pill, my pressure some days gets relatively low (for me). My wife suspects that my BP may be the culprit too.

I'll see my PCP at church Sunday, I will discuss the issue with him then. Thanks y'all!

I drink at least 100 ounces of Water a day, and take in 70-75 grams of Protein. sleep has been fine, although it takes every ounce of my being to get up in the mornings.

My blood pressure has been funky lately, and at the advice of my PCP, I have cut the dose in half. Even with taking half a pill, my pressure some days gets relatively low (for me). My wife suspects that my BP may be the culprit too.

I'll see my PCP at church Sunday, I will discuss the issue with him then. Thanks y'all!

What is your Protein target?

70-75 grams seems low. In addition to your blood pressure and labs, you might want to talk to your NUT about your protein target. You may not be getting enough, especially if you are working out a lot,