Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Biggest Loser

Daveo

Did anyone watch The Biggest Loser Finale the other day? Is it just me or do the twins and the other guy (forgot his name) look sick? They looked way too thin. I understand losing weight for the competition but wow they looked sick! The only one at the end that looked good was Colby.

Don't EVEN get me started on that show....

@@Babbs lmao! but I want to hear what you have to say!!!

That show is the most unhealthy, ridiculous way to lose weight. Have you noticed that they never talk about where their winners are now? Have they kept their weight off?

I never had a want to watch it when I was heavy and I have only watched it a few times but I am shocked at how they work those people nearly to death. Some day we will hear how someone died during the taping of that show.

I think that show is despicable. I see 400# people RUNNING and I just visualize the damage to the knees and hips and feet. I see the public humiliating weigh ins and it is like the bearded lady at the circus. I don't know why that show has lasted.

However, outside the context of the loser, I love Julian Michaels. I have a few of her DVDs and her words inspired me.

JM said something at the intro of one of her workouts that was my motto...about transformation as a process, as the getting up everyday and doing it. It worked for me but ... I hate that she was part of the fat shaming, gross show.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App

I never watch this show but I am watching it because well I am bored in my office.

So none of these women can walk in heels? No one thought to practice before they had to walk on a stage on national television??!?! Yes, I am being catty and petty, but it is just ridiculous. Most of them look like cats walking across a hot tin roof.

The twins look sexy. I like that strong chiseled jaw look. He actually looks like a PE teacher. Roberto looks delicious. Hey, Papi... Their voices are even sexier.

What a reminder of how much I hate this show. They really told people the day they are going to die on? Then told them they added x amount of years? Doctors or Mystics? I didn't know we had Shaman on NBC.

Stephen looks good, that jaw line is looking real sexy. The only thing about him is he has that loose skin on his neck and under his chin, if that tightens up or he get a little he will be good. He had a lot of weight in his face and he lost it which aged him a little, but he doesn't look sickly. He looks distinguished now. I bet he does better in career going forward just based on his looks.

Colby is younger so losing the weight isn't as dramatic in his face as it is for the older guys. His face is still fat which is why he looks, "healthier" plus he is younger. The other dudes have necks though and Colby still doesn't have a neck.

I despise that show and agree with all those who posted above who don't like it for the very same reasons they despise it.

It's a horror.

But (first time in my life I've EVER said this) much in our current culture is becoming a horror!

lots of horror stories with that show, I really watched it to see what the temptations were going to be.

All valid reasons to hate that show, but what was the clincher for me was when the doctor on the show said a season or so back that weight loss surgery was mutilating your body, and the way they lose weight on the show is the "right" way.

I was unaware that excersising 8 hours a day in a controlled environment was the "right" way? Color me surprised!

@@Babbs about time you chimed in! lol yeah I hate when doctors say that crap. I watched the first two seasons and then this last one. Yeah it's great they lose weight but it's a game show and they push you to the extreme. There is no way anyone has the time to do that on their own without the controlled environment.

I wonder how much money they make off this show. It seems like a fortune. All the products and resorts.

oh you know it's a lot of money, especially with the product placement within the show. I love how they are advertising for just about everything. This last season had sleep Number beds and they were saying how much it helps them with losing weight because they can get a good nights rest.

I watched biggest loser when it first came out years ago but I haven't watched it in a long time. The way they do things on that show are just not realistic to maintain when the people return to their real life. A few years ago they did a follow up show to check in on former contestants and many had regained their weight. It was the only time I've seen them do a follow up episode. I found one former contestant on you tube who had regained her weight then went on to have great success with getting the sleeve done.

Even the regain stories are just another angle on fat shaming. I hate that show.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App

I struggle watching that show because they are made to feel bad about a 5 pound loss in one week. Most of us would kill for that 5 pound loss. But they are expected to bring in 10 pounds or more a week to feel like they were successful. They exercise 6-8 hours a day to get those big losses and there is no way they can go home and maintain those unrealistic exercise hours. I have seen images of some of their past participants and many have gained weight. Some have gained about 20-30 pounds and some have gained all their weight back. Than at the finale the last of the participants are under such pressure to win they do extreme things to lose the remaining weight. Such as the gal from that one season that looked anorexic that it even shocked the coaches and the audience when she walked out. This is a horrible way to win a weight loss show.