Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SIPS / SADI-S LOOP DS SUPPORT

Thank you for the information Peggy , very informative .

I'm still

Scared about the fact that it Involves re-routing intestines . And here in Melbourne Australia , the SADI/SIPS is not common at all .

There is a site where a bariatric lawyer argues that the SADI can be no where nearly compared to the DS.

Information is so widely available but it has overwhelmed me to be honest. And I gave up and decided to go with the sleeve .

I had people overseas even telling me that they'll have another sleeve if they were to gain weight again but would never involve the intestines . I'm so glad to hear that you and Losili are happy with it .

I actually liked the SADI when I researched it but people scared me out of it . I'm

Still unsure as I have my surgery booked for July 29

Sweetmel, That is awesome! Congrats! Wow, seriously amazing. Thank you for sharing your success.

Seattle WA

Omg!!!!! You are beautiful!!! Before and after stunning. What a success. That is a tremendous transformation. Thank you for sharing. Brings such encouragement.

Seattle WA

omg. so I never be able to eat cookie again???

I sent a message but I'm not sure if it posted. I eat SF slice of cheesecake with no crust and when I have a craving I will eat one/two SF Cookies. My suggestion is place yourself in therapy before and after surgery. This has helped me tremendously.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Sweetmel17...I am already seeking therapy now, that's a great reassurance that I'm on the right path. Your regimen is quite strict, but it makes sense. This might be TMI but do you get bright oil spills when you use the toilet? I get them every now and then and usually after eating something that has fat in it.

Seattle WA

I get oil spills if i something extremely high in fat. I know if I don't get enough

Fat bc i will be constipated. I rather have oil spills instead of Constipation. How far are you post op. I realize that when I go to the foods that I don't eat it is bc I am off emotionally. So I know to stay far away from the foods high in carbs. So far this has worked very well for me. Even when I am upset my first reaction was to stuff my face with foods high in carbs or sugar. Now I will walk or exercise when I am upset. I'm glad your seeking therapy bc it will help you with looking in the mirror . I am almost 2.5 yrs post op and I still don't recognize myself. Even at times I have to post pics on FB or look at the pics bc I have to remind myself from where I came from to now.

Yes. I agree with you. I am only 1 month and 2 weeks post-op. So a very newbie lol. My surgery weight was 294lbs and I am now 260lbs. I am an emotional eater and I know it. Which is why I'm seeking therapy. Cause I need to have healthy habits, and break old ones. I'm doing good diet wise but every now and then when I'm making food for my kids it gets hard. If you don't mind me asking ...what is like your daily diet like? Breakfast, lunch, dinner, Snacks etc...and how much are you eating? I'm still in puree stage and will move to soft foods next week. It's a challenge to get all my Protein shakes in and Water too. I'm eating at most 2 meals a day ( one food item each meal at 4-5oz). And then I just pick here and there off my kids plate which probably isn't good. But I'm learning.

Seattle WA

Edited by Losili

Hi. I'm sorry for the delay in responding! I still have difficulty getting 90 grams of Protein in but I aim for 60. There are days Im good with getting Protein in and there are days I hardly have any appetite. On the days I dont have a appetite I buy Quest protein chips. For Breakfast I try to eat eggs , egg salad, lunch I try to have chili with no Beans or fresh roast beef roll ups. It depends on what I'm in the mood to eat. There are times I love hamburgers, steak then there are times I can care less. . I try to eat something high in protein every couple 3/4 hours.

Hi Sweetmel7....Thank you!

Seattle WA

Edited by LosGal

I just wondered if I would be eating small for the rest of my life. Not that I'm complaining lol. I'm glad your doing well, it's such encouragement. ????

Seattle WA