Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SIPS / SADI-S LOOP DS SUPPORT

My common channel is 300 cm.

My common channel is 300 cm.

Thanks Peggy how is your weight loss going? Do you watch your carbs and Protein carefully? Are you at Maintance yet?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Yes. I agree with you. I am only 1 month and 2 weeks post-op. So a very newbie lol. My surgery weight was 294lbs and I am now 260lbs. I am an emotional eater and I know it. Which is why I'm seeking therapy. Cause I need to have healthy habits, and break old ones. I'm doing good diet wise but every now and then when I'm making food for my kids it gets hard. If you don't mind me asking ...what is like your daily diet like? Breakfast, lunch, dinner, Snacks etc...and how much are you eating? I'm still in puree stage and will move to soft foods next week. It's a challenge to get all my Protein shakes in and Water too. I'm eating at most 2 meals a day ( one food item each meal at 4-5oz). And then I just pick here and there off my kids plate which probably isn't good. But I'm learning.

Seattle WA

I love your share so far???? I'm in Seattle as well and Srikanth did my surgery June 28th 2016. I'm 2 weeks 3 days post op!

Thanks Peggy how is your weight loss going? Do you watch your carbs and Protein carefully? Are you at Maintance yet?

Look at my ticker. No, I'm not at maintenance since I haven't yet reach my goal.

I just want to say thanks to all of you who are sharing your story. I am looking into the SADI/SIPS surgery myself. I have been doing lots of research and there really isn't anything more assuring than hearing your experiences. I am 31 years old with a BMI of 47, 264lbs 5'3" right now. I live in Central Florida and although Dr. Jawad is the most famous, I'm looking into Dr. Smith at Celebration Hospital. My mother (66 y/o) is lucky to be approve 100% by insurance, but she's opting for Rouxen-Y. That's not for me. Everyone has to choose what's best for them.

I wanted to ask... all those who have done this surgery, how is the diarrhea and gas? I know with the Standard Duodenal Switch there are side effects of horrible smelling gas and diarrhea. I don't want to live my life in fear of clearing a room with my putrid stench. This is a major deal breaker for me.

Is this a big problem with SADI/SIPS like it is for DS? How do you deal with it?

Is the Vitamin regimen just as severe as it is for DS? What is your Vitamin routine daily... what do you take, when, how often, etc? How much would you say it costs you for Vitamins monthly and where do you buy them?

I'm sure I will have more questions to follow. Thank you all.

I just want to say thanks to all of you who are sharing your story. I am looking into the SADI/SIPS surgery myself. I have been doing lots of research and there really isn't anything more assuring than hearing your experiences. I am 31 years old with a BMI of 47, 264lbs 5'3" right now. I live in Central Florida and although Dr. Jawad is the most famous, I'm looking into Dr. Smith at Celebration Hospital. My mother (66 y/o) is lucky to be approve 100% by insurance, but she's opting for Rouxen-Y. That's not for me. Everyone has to choose what's best for them.

I wanted to ask... all those who have done this surgery, how is the diarrhea and gas? I know with the Standard Duodenal Switch there are side effects of horrible smelling gas and diarrhea. I don't want to live my life in fear of clearing a room with my putrid stench. This is a major deal breaker for me.

Is this a big problem with SADI/SIPS like it is for DS? How do you deal with it?

Is the Vitamin regimen just as severe as it is for DS? What is your Vitamin routine daily... what do you take, when, how often, etc? How much would you say it costs you for Vitamins monthly and where do you buy them?

I'm sure I will have more questions to follow. Thank you all.

Hi. I had the SIPS on 12/3/13. I was 268 and now I stay between 110-115. I keep a strict food regimen bc i know myself. I eat mostly Protein. Sometime vegetables but Protein mainly. I do not eat peas, corn, sweet potatoes, potatoes, Pasta, sugar and bread. If I want something sweet I will buy a slice of SF cheesecake with no crust at a local bakery or i buy the chocolate sorbetto at red mango and put some almonds with a couple of raspberries and black berry's. The chocolate sorbetto at red mango is 4 grams of carbs for 4 oz. I drink alot of unsweetened homemade herbal tea this is what I love.

My suggestion is place yourself in therapy before surgery bc it will definitely help you. I made sure i did prior to surgery then the therapist couldn't give me what I needed so found another therapist who is. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. We are here to help each other.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

My Loop DS surgery is scheduled for October 24, 2016. I'm frustrated by the information out there. My dietician has taken DS or bypass information paperwork and added a few things and changed a few others to try to make it fit. I don't believe that the information is exactly the same (pre surgery diet, post op diet and general info). Any good info out there specifically for Loop DS?

My Loop DS surgery is scheduled for October 24, 2016. I'm frustrated by the information out there. My dietician has taken DS or bypass information paperwork and added a few things and changed a few others to try to make it fit. I don't believe that the information is exactly the same (pre surgery diet, post op diet and general info). Any good info out there specifically for Loop DS?

I had the loop DS in June 2016. I received all the paperwork for the traditional DS. After doing some research I know the difference between between the 2 but to answer your question I will draw on my own experience. My common channel is 250 most DS are between 100 and 150. I guess I do not mal absorb as much with a longer channel. I still take 2 multi Vitamins 4 Calcium a day. I just got my 6 week labs back and need some Vitamin D and a little Iron. My weight has dropped averaging a lb or more a day. I know there is no long term data on this surgery but I feel good about it and hope I am right that I will not have to be on such a rigiorous Vitamin regimen or other bathroom issues sometimes associated with the traditional DS. As far as food goes I'm not hungry but when I am I try and get Protein first and anything else after.

Hi. GM. I apologize for taking a while to get back to you! I follow very similar diet regimen as the traditional DS but I dont go over board with fat. I only buy regular mayo and dressings. Usually the low fat products are filled with carbs and chemicals. I do not eat foods that are processed. If I eat roast beef it is cookednot processed like boars head. In the beginning you will drink liquids ,protein drinks then go to the different food levels. If you can stay away from carbs but I think in the beginning I drank liquids and for the Protein Drinks i bought Unjury chicken broth bc my inners were very swollen after surgery and they suggested warm liquidsfor two weeks. My suggestion is to place yourself in therapy before surgery and I continue to go now to make sure I don't over eat or under eat even now bc i am 2.5 years out. I went from 268 to110/115. post-292951-14700523526885_thumb.jpg[img

Hello group! I had the SIPS procedure on 2/15/16 here in MN and i was the first person in my state to get it! I've had no complications (knock on wood). My start weight was 284lbs and as of this morning I weigh 198lbs! The best decision of my life. This surgery like any does come with a few draw backs.. Like you really need to be mindful of your fat intake or its greasy farts and toilet world for you.. Lol.. Oh and stay hydrated!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Great Results! I'm awaiting insurance approval for this procedure. Where did you have your surgery done? I'm also from MN.

Awesome! The approval will go through fast! I got it done by Dr. Smith at Essentia health in Park Rapids. He's one of the top surgeons in MN to perform this surgery.. I was the first in MN to get it!

Awesome! The approval will go through fast! I got it done by Dr. Smith at Essentia health in Park Rapids. He's one of the top surgeons in MN to perform this surgery.. I was the first in MN to get it!

That's so good to hear! I'm trying to do research on this surgery and, of course, there's always the mixed reviews on the internet. I am also seeing Dr. Smith and I really like him and his team.

Seeing Leah for a RD consult next week.

How have your results been?

Wow awesome! Yes Smith and his team are amazing!! Love leah! I started at 287lbs, surgery 2/15/16 ... I am currently 193lbs.. I've had great results and no regrets! I'm so excited for you!! Such a huge step towards a healthy lifestyle! If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to ask!

I've noticed the weeks I have a stall on the scale is when I lose the most inches.. It's crazy how this tool can help me achieve something I've tried so hard my whole life to control.. Now it's effortless.. I still have cravings, it's just knowing your limits and with this surgery it will give you clear boundaries!