Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SIPS / SADI-S LOOP DS SUPPORT

Losili, that's my biggest fear . food getting stuck in my throat and chocking .

Or not my stomach not liking the food .

Thank you for being so inspiring .

Losili , after endless research of the SADI, I found that it is still considered an experimental procedure . Future affects on the body are unknown. On One site it reads that it can cause intestinal obstruction in the future . So that's what scared me .

I was actually going for the SADI even though it is not done in my city due to having better weight loss outcomes, but when I read this, I changed my mind .

Peggy thank you for sharing your experience. I get little tummy aches here and there but I think that's due to not drinking enough Water. And sometimes drinking to fast will give me a tummy ache. I'm still in my puree stage no meat. So I'm looking forward to meat when its time. I really dislike Protein shakes I just hate the taste and smell and texture and I can't seem to get more than 60 grams. But I'm working on it.

Seattle WA

Actually intestinal obstruction happens with any weightloss surgery that requires any movements with your intestines. It can happen with a gastric bypass or even a traditional DS. Now a SIPS/SADIS is like the traditional DS which we have in the US "track records" of. Except with SIPS/SADIS it's shortening just the small intestine. It's considered a better version of the traditional DS. Look it up ...just Google difference between traditional DS and SADIS/SIPS. Anyway, I'll keep y'all updated and I'll soon have a before and after pic.

Seattle WA

Yes that's what I mean. All surgeries including DS and gastric bypass. I've done extensive research so I know a bit about all of them. Sadi seems like the least harmful ones

Exactly!

Seattle WA

Sharon16...i do get the "feeling" of food stuck in my throat or chest but it's not painful just uncomfortable. And usually its w when I'm eating too fast or something I shouldn't be eating like a piece of chicken and I mean a piece like a small bite and chewed 30 times. I'm not at the meat stage and thought I was brave enough to cheat. Bad move lol anyway I live and learn. And I'm ok with that ????????????????

Seattle WA

I will Sharon to you too. I'll definitely keep you posted. God bless. Most of all we need most is encouragement and positivity. We are all in here for the same reason. ????????????????

Seattle WA

Losili , after endless research of the SADI, I found that it is still considered an experimental procedure . Future affects on the body are unknown. On One site it reads that it can cause intestinal obstruction in the future . So that's what scared me .

I was actually going for the SADI even though it is not done in my city due to having better weight loss outcomes, but when I read this, I changed my mind .

You're actually much more likely to develop an intestinal obstruction from the other malabsorptive procedures (gastric bypass or traditional/classic DS) because of the extra cuts & anastomoses made. The single-anastomosis duodenal switch is no longer considered experimental. The surgeon I now see for follow up says it has been "mainstream" for over a year even though he doesn't do it himself at this time. Those who say it is experimental are typically the ones who don't do it. We all need to remember that every procedure, WLS or otherwise, was "experimental" at first.

We all have to do what we feel is best for ourselves. I've posted many times that I did not want a DS three years ago when I had my initial sleeve gastrectomy because the amount of malabsorption of the classic DS & gastric bypass, with the 100-150 cm common channel, scared me. I also did not want the small, artificial opening between the stomach pouch & the intestines of the RNY GB. The SA-DS with only one anastomosis & the 300 cm common channel that I have is what I was comfortable having. Before I learned of the SA-DS I was planning on asking Dr. Srikanth to convert my sleeve to a DS but with a longer common channel. The SA-DS made that unnecessary. The longer common channel decreases the severity of most of the effects of malabsorption - diarrhea & gas, both of which can be foul-smelling, & Protein & Vitamin deficiencies.

I had feelings of food sticking in my esophagus but that was due to having the hiatal hernia repaired. That no longer happens.

Thank you Peggy for the information. Very informative and factual.

Seattle WA

One of the things we nurses do is translate "doctor-speak" into what the non-medical person can understand.

I see you've been able to change the name of the surgery you had. I remember it being difficult when I had to do it after my SA-DS.

You're actually much more likely to develop an intestinal obstruction from the other malabsorptive procedures (gastric bypass or traditional/classic DS) because of the extra cuts & anastomoses made. The single-anastomosis duodenal switch is no longer considered experimental. The surgeon I now see for follow up says it has been "mainstream" for over a year even though he doesn't do it himself at this time. Those who say it is experimental are typically the ones who don't do it. We all need to remember that every procedure, WLS or otherwise, was "experimental" at first.

We all have to do what we feel is best for ourselves. I've posted many times that I did not want a DS three years ago when I had my initial sleeve gastrectomy because the amount of malabsorption of the classic DS & gastric bypass, with the 100-150 cm common channel, scared me. I also did not want the small, artificial opening between the stomach pouch & the intestines of the RNY GB. The SA-DS with only one anastomosis & the 300 cm common channel that I have is what I was comfortable having. Before I learned of the SA-DS I was planning on asking Dr. Srikanth to convert my sleeve to a DS but with a longer common channel. The SA-DS made that unnecessary. The longer common channel decreases the severity of most of the effects of malabsorption - diarrhea & gas, both of which can be foul-smelling, & Protein & Vitamin deficiencies.

I had feelings of food sticking in my esophagus but that was due to having the hiatal hernia repaired. That no longer happens.