Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In August

I was banded march 22 I am so upset at myself that I have been eating poorly I was doing so good and I feel like I will get back on track tommorrow etc. You all are doing so good with your weightloss, congrats. I beat myself up about it everyday and I think that aint helping I love reading all you guys and knowing there are other people out there that have maybe had the same problem. I am so happy to have found this site. :help:

Mpalen, we all do that from time to time. I am not losing period, so I tend to eat whatever. No, it doesn't make sense, but sometimes we just don't do what we know is best. OMGosh, we must be human!!lol. Just try to get back on track, start fresh, and you will do fine. Take care.

Hey Marchies!

Well this has been a week! First week back to school--it is hotter than a hoochie in church at school right now! August in Texas---and being in a school that the air has decided not to work is SUPER fun :girl_hug: Anywho, this happens every year--but now I am 80ish pounds lighter--so I can't complain too much!

It has been great for my ego going back to school--I only lost 30 lbs this summer, but I guess that a lot of people didn't notice when I lost the 50 before summer----but they do now!!!! Yeah for me!!

It has been quite expensive to get basically a whole new wardrobe for school---but I am trying not to go overboard!

Talk to y'all later!!

Denise

Hey Thick Chick we are almost the same. Have you had long times on plateaus, I have. I am happy with the 50 lb loss I just want to get out of the 220's.

Denise

Congratulations!

I know about the wardrobe. I have a conference in two weeks and I have exactly one pair of pants I can wear. I need to get some clothing, but I want to get one size smaller...I'm in 22's now and I just want to buy 20s. Isn't that horrible?! I ought to be glad to be getting 22 instead of 30's.

I'm sure your a head turner!

Are you going to do 6 month pics on the 8th? I know I am!

Wooo Hoo... I love my band.

Mpalen, we all do that from time to time. I am not losing period, so I tend to eat whatever. No, it doesn't make sense, but sometimes we just don't do what we know is best. OMGosh, we must be human!!lol. Just try to get back on track, start fresh, and you will do fine. Take care.

I agree with you. I do the same thing. I go really good for a couple of days and if I don't see the scale move I get really really discouraged. I should stop weighting myself everyday, but I can't. I try to live by the rule forget yesterday and start over today. Thats really hard some days, so many things play into our emotional behaviors.

Everyone have a good day. We will do this, some way, some how.

Carol, Sugar bear,

Seems like were back in plateausville again.

Anyone have any successful advice on how to break the plateau.

I too am so discouraged. I mean we are talking weeks at the same 2-3 numbers up and down.

I am ready to sign up for the Fat March and walk across the country.LOL

For those of you that have kids, are people noticing your weight loss other then your face? From past pregnancies the more I lose the more disproportionate I am looking. I know I will be a perfect candidate for a Tummy Tuck.< /p>

Oh darn! I feel bad I am being negative. I think I am just a little stressed now starting back to work on Tuesday and all eyes will be on me from co workers who have not seen me since June. I hate that attention.

Have a great weekend.

Janine

Janie, I play with same 3 or 4 lbs now for going on 7 or 8 weeks. I have start excerising more. I try to keep track of what I'm eating. I even tried not keeping track and I'm still playing with the same pounds. I have some restriction, but not like what I read about. I have 3cc in my 4cc band, so hope I get more restriction in 2 weeks when I go back. Good luck on going back to work. Do you feel like your in a fish bowl sometimes, with everyone watching what you eat and how you act?

Stay strong we will do this.

Well I went to docs on tuesday and she gave me another fill - 0.4cc's to make 2.4cc's - and I haven't been able to even drink anything since, so the doc took me in today at 11 and took 0.4cc's out and I feel so much better!!!!!! I can eat Soup again!!!!! Sorry, I'm just so excited!

Carol, you have 3cc's in a 4cc's band WOW!

Yes, I definetly feel like I am in a fish bowl. I mean people assume the weight is just going to drop off . They get the Roun Y with the lapband.

As it is ya beat your own self up with every bite you take, and every step you walk, then people are standing in line behind to beat you up with there high expectations and scrutinizing what your eating.

It really make me feel bad when people ask how much I have lost and I can only say 31 lbs. I feel like I'm a disappointment to everyone, which doesn't help me when things are going so slow. I guess I'm disappointed in myself also, since I'm losing so slow. I have lost weight faster when I was doing weight watchers, but I never stay with the program. I know with the band that it will always be here to remind to stay the course. I'm just so frustrated that I haven't lost more. After all I have gave up all diet coke, bread, and most Snacks you would think I would lose faster.

Don't mean to bring everyone down, I just having a bad day.

jmcambra glad you can have something more to eat and are not so uncomfortable.

Heres to living in a fish bowl, with everyone watching.

Hi Carol,

I guess I've been rather lucky in that everyone that know's what I've had done has been wonderfully supportive, I made the decision right at the start that I was only going to tell those who were GENUINELY interested and who I knew would be positive and supportive of my decision. I haven't SO FAR felt like I'm in a bowl with everyone making judgements, hopefully I've been a good judge of character and only shared this experience with my TRUE friends.

I've had them offer to walk with me, resize my clothes and be a 24hr talk line for me. I guess my true mates know what a battle I've had with my weight and health and they just want to help me achieve.

I sure hope things pick up for you.

Take care

It really make me feel bad when people ask how much I have lost and I can only say 31 lbs. I feel like I'm a disappointment to everyone, which doesn't help me when things are going so slow. I guess I'm disappointed in myself also, since I'm losing so slow. I have lost weight faster when I was doing weight watchers, but I never stay with the program. I know with the band that it will always be here to remind to stay the course. I'm just so frustrated that I haven't lost more. After all I have gave up all diet coke, bread, and most Snacks you would think I would lose faster.

Don't mean to bring everyone down, I just having a bad day.

jmcambra glad you can have something more to eat and are not so uncomfortable.

Heres to living in a fish bowl, with everyone watching.

I have the same problem, Carol, except I've only lost 21 lbs. since March 19. I now have 3.1 cc in my 4 cc band and am feeling a bit of restriction finally so I'm hopeful that my next fill in 2 weeks will give me better restriction. My doctor said that sometimes people with a 4 cc band have up to 5-6 cc in their band--that they use to think a 4 cc band would only hold 4 cc but now they've realized it can hold a lot more on some people. Anyway, I think I'm getting closer--at least I hope I am. Luckily for me, I only told my husband, my sister, and my children and I know they are watching and expecting more but they seem to just think it's another diet failure for me. I hope I can prove otherwise once I get some restriction and once I lose and don't regain what I lost. Here's hoping!

Hey Juli and My Marchie Friends,

Yep going to do the 6month picture on the 8th--and I'll post it :(

I have broken out in hives---I look like the elephant from the Isle of Misfit Toys right now!