Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In August

Momlambert, it took 7 fills to get restriction!?? We were banded about the same time. Me, the 7th. I felt a little after the 3rd, for a short time, more after the 4th. But of course you can tell by looking at my ticker i haven't lost since surgery. Only 16 lbs, from the actual surgery date. The other was pre-op. I just eat too much. I was so hoping to get help with Portion Control. My biggest problem. Hope this next fill gets me closer to the "sweet spot." Very frustrated. Hope it is working better for you now too.

That's right, Sugarbear. Isn't that crazy? There were a few times I felt like I had a bit of restriction but before the 6th fill I didn't even feel like I had a band. Finally I have a bit--especially after my first bite of the day. But that dissipates quickly and i can still eat way too much. I am hopeful though! I go back in two more weeks for another fill. I'm thinking that may be THE ONE. So we continue our Quest toward the "sweet spot" right? Good luck!

hey ya'll I have been sick lately..

I went in for my 3rd fill on last Monday and man I cant eat or drink much of anything...Im so use to eating at least a cup of food but now I can't eat. EVEN Soup gets stuck!!

Whenever i do eat i get so excited to eat that i go to fast and BAM slime all over myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on my way to the doctor at 1 to have him take some out Im very weak right now but I'm gonna be better by this afternoon Im sure...

pray for me please

momlambert - good for you, finally some restriction!!! maybe now the weight will just drop right off!!!

thickchickTEXAS - hope you feel better...you definately will after you get an unfill...

So yesterday I called up my gym and hired a personal trainer, I can't wait to see what happens. I hope I can still move the next day!

Tia- Yuck at feeling poorly. I know by the time you read this you'll be better.

Jmc- You go! Getting a trainer is a great step forward!

Just to brag on myself for a minute, I'm wearing a XL! Do you see that?! There is only ONE X in front of the L!!!!!!!!!!

That's something else!

J

Just to brag on myself for a minute, I'm wearing a XL! Do you see that?! There is only ONE X in front of the L!!!!!!!!!!

That's something else!

J

Congrats, Juli. Won't it be great when we don't have ANY x's???? We won't be x-rated any longer! Wooohooo.

awe shucks.

It does feel good. I don't see the changes as much as other people. Denise how were folks when you returned to school? You are much changed as well.

And again, not to brag but to share an awe shucks moment, today our students returned. There is this kid, he's maybe 16. He was chubby a few years ago but really gave up sweets, ate salads for most his meals and walked the grounds in the afternoon (we're a residental school) and he's slim now. Also, he grew tall. Anyway, today when no one was around, he said to me, "Honest, no, honest, I'm not being smart or anything, but wow, you've really lost weight and you look great!" Okay, it was in sign language but that's pretty much the gist. I was so touched. I said, "thanks for noticing and thanks for saying kind words. Also, it's a bunch of hard work, like you know, but thanks."

Well, there you go, props to the kid who will tell a 39 year old woman he noticed her efforts. There's hope after all.

That's awesome! OH Juli - Congrats on the XL...I also recently went to old navy and saw a zip front sweat shirt that I fell in love with but knew that I wouldn't be able to fit in it. I bought it in xxl anyways. When I got home, it not only fit, I could zipper it. I was so excited!!!

Only problem is those xl's are hard to find. I swear the average woman must be an xl.

I also work at a school, going back on the 4th.

Anyway to of the teachers stopped over, they are like dam Janine your head has gotten so small. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not. LOL

After 4 pregnancy's my tummy is definetly hanging out there compared with the rest of my body.

Hi Marchies,

Hope everyone's doing well and feeling fantastic as the weight is coming off. :whoo:

I'm working fulltime again and what with that and my boys (hubby included) finding time to come in here and sit with a coffee and read all your wonderful inspirational stories is getting harder to do.

I am feeling fantastic:clap2:, bit over 26 kilo's down and 3 dress sizes is overwhelming, I can't remember the last time I weighed this amount and felt this good. Motivation is higher with every positive comment I get now. I can't wait till June next year as my family has a wedding and I have cousins coming from the top of Australia who I haven't seen in 3 years by then. For once I'll be able to wear something I WANT to wear not something I have found to cover up.

Keep up the wonderful progress everyone. Even if I'm not on here all the time I think of you all. Take care and keep shrinking...

Hugs

:rolleyes:

Lisa,

I love imagining next summer too. The difference in clothing already has been amazing. When we are closer to goal it will be better yet!

:rolleyes:

I went for my 4th fill yesterday and I'm back up to 2.4cc's. I was up to 2.4cc's back in late may and asked the doc to take it out because I felt like it was too much. But I'm willing to try it again because I haven't lost anything in a long long time....I know my sizes are changing, but thats about all thats changing. Just drinking liquids right now is hard for me. I can definately feel the restriction again...

Hey Sexy Ladies!!!!!

As You Can See I Feel Much Better!! I Went Into The Doctor On Monday And I Lost 9 Pounds In 5 Days Not Good!!!!!!

I Went From 234 On Monday The 20th To 225 As Of Monday The 27th!!!!!!!!!

Well The Doctor Was Upset At The Pa That Did My 3rd Fill And He Said That He Would Make Sure He Is The Only One Doing My Fills.. So He Unfilled Me He Didnt Tell Me How Much He Took Out But He Said He Left Some In And I Will Still Have Some Restriction Becuase Was Tummy Was Irriated From The Tightness Of The Band. Needless To Say Im Watching What I Eat I Do Not Want To Gain Those 9 Pounds Back So Im Eating Breakfast Everyday And Doing More Exercises....

Please Pray For Me And Thank You For Your Support