Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In August

yes.. please post your pics! I always sneak in here and see what I have in store for me.. ;)

Mary: YES.. who ever said it............. I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR! I wasn't sure it was the same person so I've been keeping quiet about it just incase I was thinking wrong........... WHOOOOOOHOOOO!

Well, after the many months that folks have mentioned their experiences with PB...I had my 1st today. I must say that I expected my head to spin like Linda Blair it happened so fast. I'm not sure if it was a chewing prob, a speed prob, or my tummy just didn't like what I put in it, but WHAM-O...it was gone and life was a bit better. :nervous

Anyway, I'm waiting to take me new school pic for the year (I'm a teacher). I want my before & after to be my school shots. It'll really show, that's for sure.

:hungry: Now...I've got to figure out what my tummy will eat for dinner....hhmmm? Have a great night y'all.

Annette

Mary I do love the snow, just not the indoors for sooo long. I am with you with those darn M & M's. They just melt in your mouth not in your hands.!!!LOL

So I read somewhere that you need to lose 50 lbs for people to notice, well I am there. And yes, people are noticing. Here is the issue though, like so many here I just can't really believe when people say that I really look like I have lost. I have such a screwed up body image.

On another note I am still dealing with a PB 2-5 X's a week. But then yesterday I ate a yogurt, a taco, and some fish and had no problem. It is so incredible finicky.

So here is something very interesting. I was at work (at a school) and a sub came in she was a very large lady. We chatted and it came out that she had the RY 10 years ago and has gained back every pound then some. I went to get my haircut and met a women same thing.

Back to what I wrote before, once people notice you lose weight they ask how you are doing it. The bottom line is so many people have commented that they themselves, or they know of someone that had the RY (full Bariatric surgery) and have gained weight back.

I am soooooo glad I had the belt put on instead.

The fact that it is adjustable I think is such a key for over all long term success.

I what love to hear if you guys are hearing the same stuff.

One other tidbit it is interesting that at our support group it is kinda the lapbanders against the Rouyn Y. Very interesting!!! Both sit and defend their decisions. I think it is very entertaining and informative for the newbies that come to observe before having surgery.

Ok guys I had my 5th fill last week, I now have 3cc in my 4cc band and still have very little restrictions. Is this normal for some people? I still can't eat bread or chicken, they have never gone down well since the band, but most everything else is fine going done. I still not at the place where I can only eat 1/2 cup. I'm just a little discourged here. Anyone else having this problem, or am I just wired differently from everyone else.

I haven't been on much - getting ready for school to start for both me and my three kids has kept me busy. Plus we went on vacation in August.

I just wanted to pop on and post some progress pics. The first pic is in Feb before surgery. The second is in early June I think and the last one was yesterday.

post-215774-13813135438617_thumb.jpg

post-215774-13813135438804_thumb.jpg

post-215774-13813135438985_thumb.jpg

So I read somewhere that you need to lose 50 lbs for people to notice, well I am there. And yes, people are noticing. Here is the issue though, like so many here I just can't really believe when people say that I really look like I have lost. I have such a screwed up body image.

This is why I take pictures. I really can't see a difference in the mirror. I have to look at pictures to "see" the weight I have lost.

It probably just takes time to see the smaller you in the mirror

Ok guys I had my 5th fill last week, I now have 3cc in my 4cc band and still have very little restrictions. Is this normal for some people? I still can't eat bread or chicken, they have never gone down well since the band, but most everything else is fine going done. I still not at the place where I can only eat 1/2 cup. I'm just a little discourged here. Anyone else having this problem, or am I just wired differently from everyone else.

Yes, Carol--that's me, too. I just had my 7th fill yesterday and now have 3.1 in my 4 cc band. I don't know yet if I have restriction, since I'm on mushies today and liquids yesterday. My fill nurse said that it is normal for some people to feel little or no restriction at this level of fill. I asked her how much fill is possible in a 4 cc band and it shocked me that she said some people have 5 or 6 cc's! Isn't that crazy? She said that they used to think a 4cc would only hold 4cc's but that isn't the case, they have found. I hope I'm not one of those people--I'm SO ready for restriction! I've been really discouraged, too--it's been five months and the only weight I've really lost was in the very beginning. I'm hopeful that I'm on the way now and I'm actually going to join Curves this morning. I'm so sick of dieting (for 5 months now without restriction) but I'm recommitting today to doing all I can--stepped up exercise and diet--to get things going. I just hope I have restriction to help. We can do this, Carol. Good luck to everyone!

I am having a hard time articulating this but here goes...

I am 9 pounds away from making a major milestone and for some reason I am terrified. I haven't been under 300 pounds in about 10 years.

I don't know what exactly the fear is - I really want to lose weight for too many reasons to even list but for some reason I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the weight loss and identity issues.

Anyone else struggling with this?

I have not been on the borad and am catching up. I totally understand what you're saying. I haven't been "thin" for almost 20 years and when I look at those pictures I don't even like my face, I liked my self more when I was slightly overweight and when I discuss this with freinds they think I'm crazy. I think that I looked and felt my best with my curves, perhaps 20 lbs more than what the charts say I should be. It makes me feel more feminine and I identify with that. It's good that you are acknowledging yuor fears, it's a good way, facing them head on. This wonderful milestone is one more step towrd a healthier YOU!!!!

Banded March 8th, everything is going great. I have lost 117 lbs. feel great, look great and run everyday. Best decision of my life.

WOW AZPETE! CONGRATS YOU HAVE ALMOST REACHED YOUR GOAL!!!

What are your tips for staying so focussed?

Hazel

YOU LOOK SO GOOD! You can really see the difference in your tummy and butt!

Keep up the good work!

You hair is getting long too! Woo Hoo!

I find that I'm getting frustrated with eating. I really don't enjoy it anymore. It seems that no mater what I try I PB. Now of course, this only happens when I eat things that are good for me. meats, veggies. It's especially bad with bread, rice and potatoes (unless they are mashed).. BUT . . . I can eat ice cream and chips with the best of 'em. What the heck is going on? I got a fill back in July 1.5 in my 4cc band and I was doing just fine until a couple of weeks ago.

I've been thinking of going on liquids for now to make sure that I get the Calcium and Protein that I need. I have an appointment with my doc at the end of the month.

Carol1951...yes I'm the same way. I was able to eat a small quiznos sub last Friday. I just got another fill on Monday and I'm now up to 3.5 in my band. I'm no where near eating only 1/2 cup. But as long as I'm still slowing losing and I'm eating the right foods, then I won't worry about it.:hungry: