Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In August

Denise,

Do my eyes deceive me or are you one pound away from half way to goal?! What a fantastic mile stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Juli!

Well......yep one more pound to half way to my goal of 180. the BMI chart says that I should be around 160---but we will see. :)

How you doing friend!

Going back to school tomorrow for meetings! :) And the kids come back on the 27th! I am actually looking forward to it :)

Denise-

I'm doing alright. I get my fill tomorrow under fluro. I'm excited for some restriction, but scared it will zap my energy. But I'm doing it!

The teachers come back on Wednesday next week and our kids come in the following Monday.

More importantly, my little girl starts Kindergarten on Wednesday next week!!! She's psyched, I on the other hand, want her to stay little. But she is so ready.

Enjoy your last few days of summer!

Thanks for the input on my restricton. I've always been kinda tight in the a.m. Now with this last .50 fill it really is tight in the a.m. Yesterday I was so hungry and it was my birthday party at work (birthday girl!!) I had to eat something. So some refried beans/cheese/sour cream/guacomle dip went down really well. I had no problems eating mushies the rest of the day. So for now, I'm going to hang out with my band and not get an unfill.

Juli.....hope your fill goes well today! I'm a huge needle-phobic and I've never had any discomfort with my fills.

It hurts more taking the band-aid off!

School starts here Sept 4th. Michigan passed a law that school has to start after Labor day.

My DD will be in 5th grade and my DS will be a big kindergardner! He adjusted so well last year in preschool that I'm sure he'll do well. It's mom that has the issues with her baby boy growing up! My step-son will be a Senior this year....boy do I feel old! He has lived with us since my DH got custody 7 years ago. He takes classes at a local career-tech center and is hoping to become a chef.

Everyone have a great weekend!

OH Juli-Good luck with your fill!

demsvmejm-Happy Bday...Hang out with your fill for a couple of weeks. You can always have it taken out later if you feel like its still too tight. I probably should have left my fill in and waited longer than 1 1/2 weeks to have an unfill.

Theres a beginners spinning class on Sunday at my gym that I think I'm going to try out...Never done it before. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Thanks everyone.

Apparently due to the amount of weight I've lost, my port is tilted way down. I was told all fills will be done under flouro from now on. He put in 1.75 cc, as 1.5 didn't restrict much and 2 closed me off. I've got a trickle.

So there you go...sipping my Grape Frost Isopure (Thanks for the tip Mary!) and back to work.

OH Juli - I've never had a fill done under flouro, do you have to drink something prior in the docs office? or do you have to drink something earlier than that?

Spinning class! I want to do that soooo bad! I live in a little town with no real gym and driving 35-40 minutes for a class seems silly. But I hope you try it and tell us what you think, I'm jealous!

I know, maybe on a Saturday I could go try one out just for the fun of it! I probably couldn't keep up and there would be a bunch of skinny-minnies there in their spandex bike shorts and halter bras...perhaps I should "just do it!" and not worry what others think.

Glad your fill went well Juli.

I had to have flouro before I was dismissed from the hospital after my LB was placed. I had to drink this thick strawberry type stuff while I stood in front of the machine, it was cool watching it go down!

Doing okay, just had a reduced fat string cheese for some protein...went down fine, I ate really slow.

OH Juli - I've never had a fill done under flouro, do you have to drink something prior in the docs office? or do you have to drink something earlier than that?

The only thing I drank was when the needle was in my belly, to see how much or little saline to put in the band. I think it was Barium. Kind of gross, but could have been worse.

They did it at the hospital, not the office.

Ok, so I tried spinning today and it was AWESOME...I could barely keep up, but there was only 1 other person in the class, and definately not a skinny minny in a jog bra! I am definately going back. It was a great workout, better than I get using the machines (elliptical, treadmill, stairclimber, bike, etc) and even though I couldn't do everything the instructor was calling for, I just sat there and kept pedalling!

Hey Mary, & All

Damn girl your pictures looks so different!!! you are looking so good. I am in the same place as you now. I have 2.5 in a 4cc band. It does make a huge difference. Also, like you, everyday, I wonder if I should have just a touch taken out. This belt is so finicky. I am very tight in the am. I tend to have that first bite syndrome then I PB. So I have finally found a happy medium after about 4 weeks of this.

First of all I try to drink something warm as soon as I get up. Then I have mushies (full liquid), at this point I can usually have a little regular dinner. Let me emphasis little, literally a few spoons of food. I am feeling good, energy is up. Walked like 6 miles at the Woodward dream cruise. That damn PBing is so annoying. Sorry to be graphic but that mucus just gags me. It is not the food,

most of the time the food stays down, it is the mucus.

I think I have told you guys I have 3 teenage sons and a daughter that is 6 adopted from China. She just does not miss a beat. Her and DH can see my face turn red, and my eyes kinda glass up, then I go off running. She will then announce to the table, " OH, No, Mom is gonna go puke again"I swear she is gonna grow up thinking I am bulimic.

I have good restriction and while I wouldn't exactly call this my sweet spot I am OK.

Hey You guys aren't you worried about the holidays and being cooped up in the house. Maybe it is living in northern Michigan but I hate the winters.

Has anyone notice that they have more time, now that I'm not thinking of food, cooking food, buying food and comsuming food. I now have to figure out what to do with that time. It has taken me a while to figure out thats part of my problem. I use to live each moment thinking about food in some form. I have to get a new normal for me.

Sounds as if everyone is doing so good. People must be doing great don't see as many posting anymore.

Everyone have a good day and week.

Janine - I wonder if you need a slight unfill? I thought that if we slime and PB too much we could cause damage such as slip or pouch dialation. Plus, you might not be getting propper nutrition, which is bound to catch up with you later. I'm in Montana, and I don't like winter either.....the Fall is lovely though, so will enjoy that while I can.

Carol - I totally agree! I have so much more time and emotional energy to devote to things other than food/diet related issues. It is very freeing! Use that time to do something special for you.....exercise, a bubble bath, a good book, relationship building, etc. We deserve it!

Hey guys, we are almost at 6 months! We sould post before/during pictures in September! I think that would be a cool motivation for us. Want to?

I'll be putting up my before and after, maybe even in a swim suit. That should be a riot.

I did do before in clothing and a swim suit. The idea of sharing that is pretty amazing. To think once upon a time I would have never even thought about it!

Janine..Hello! did we already discuss this? I'm from Northern MI too, Kalkaska, near Traverse City. I don't mind the winter, I'm okay with shoveling and snowblowing I really want to get back into x-country skiing. I used to do it when younger and loved the cardio.

I am finding myself just getting by also. Not sure this my sweet spot. Sooo tight in the a.m. I can slowly eat lunch and dinner is a little better. With this said, I'm finding that eating junk is easier and I really need to get a handle on this. I'm addicted to M&M's.

I'll put up a before and during if everybody else will.

OMG time for bed!