Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In August

Ok 5mths ago at this time a nurse was waking me up to go to the potty after my surgery/.............AT 12:30 am!!!! Crazy hospital obssesed with you going to the potty lol...

But anyways 5mths Post-Op and Down 47.5lbs.... Not as much as the rest of you but im proud of myself!!!

Congrats on all of your successes!!! Lets see how we do this next month!!!! :clap2:

Jeni - down 47.5lbs is awesome! I'm down about 42lbs and I was heavier to start off with...My scale hasn't moved in a long time!

Thanks for the suggestion of drinking small amounts throughout the day. I tried to drink it as a drink and the small aftertaste was to much but I am sure I could drink it in small amounts. Has anyone ever mixed these with something else?

Thanks,

Brandi

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your post I have been out of the loop lately and noticed I have been going back to my old habits. I have started tracking what I am eating starting today. I found out that for me I can not let to much caffeine and alcohol back into my diet. It changes a lot for me and I even gained 4 lbs last month. I am sure this has been asked before but can everyone share what they eat on a daily basis or some of the foods that really work for you. My restriction varys... on what I have no idea.. So I am either hungry or in discomfort trying to eat what I think is right..

Thanks,

Brandi

I asked eariler but didn't get an answer.

How do I know I'm too tight? I'm on mushies today and I can barely get down yogurt, I mean I can feel everything going all the way down, Water, Protein Shakes, and it sits there for a few minutes before I can drink more.

OR is this what restriction is really supposed to be like?

Perhaps I should give it another few days. Eating solids again will probably be the big test.

I don't want to call the DR. for a slight un-fill unless I really need it.

I'm at 2.50cc in 4cc band.

**regarding above posts....losing and keeping off any amount of weight is an accomplishment in my eyes. Keep up the good work!

Mary, That's exactly how I felt, I was 2.4 cc in my 4 cc band. I could feel everything, even liquid, and I couldn't get off mushies, 1 full week. So I ended up having the doc take .8 cc's out, but then I could eat anything I wanted to, so I had her put .4 cc's back in, for a total of 2.0. My problem is I'm not sure to ask for the additional .4 cc's back, since it was too much before. I'm not sure if that is restriction or not. So I guess I'm not really answering your question, or helping you out in anyway, since I have the same problem.

You are too tight friend! You are in danger of irritating your esophagus.

Please get a slight unfill.

Denise

Mary, That's exactly how I felt, I was 2.4 cc in my 4 cc band. I could feel everything, even liquid, and I couldn't get off mushies, 1 full week. So I ended up having the doc take .8 cc's out, but then I could eat anything I wanted to, so I had her put .4 cc's back in, for a total of 2.0. My problem is I'm not sure to ask for the additional .4 cc's back, since it was too much before. I'm not sure if that is restriction or not. So I guess I'm not really answering your question, or helping you out in anyway, since I have the same problem.

After the first fill of 1cc and then two after that at .6 --my doctor does very conservative fills of only .2 each time. You may want to go up only .2. I know that it doesn't seem a lot, but a gradual increase (at least for me) is better than being too tight and eating only easy high caloric foods.

Denise

After the first fill of 1cc and then two after that at .6 --my doctor does very conservative fills of only .2 each time. You may want to go up only .2. I know that it doesn't seem a lot, but a gradual increase (at least for me) is better than being too tight and eating only easy high caloric foods.

Denise

Denise

I think I'm going to take your advise and ask her for only .2 cc's. I'm never sure whether I have enough fill in me. I feel like a lot of different foods get stuck and I'm trying to stick it out with the healthy stuff, but I'm still eating a lot as it is. I haven't lost a lb in 3-4 weeks.

How many calories are you consuming on a daily basis? and how often are you working out. You are really doing FAB!

I will be honest with you, I do not count calories. I just make sure that I have three meals a day and snack on healthy foods. I don't deny myself any foods--I just eat obviously smaller amounts. I don't drink Protein Drinks at all--really never have.That is just a personal decision--they don't make me fill full and I believe that they are highly caloric. But I make sure that I have nonfat lattes everyday (it is where I get my milk in :) ) I normally work out 3 to 4 days a week--though this week I have not gotten to the gym. I have had many plateaus--and I don't lose every week. I just know that when I hit a plateau I need to get my exercise in a little more.

Take Care

That's Awesome...and I only pry because I feel like sometimes I'm doing something totally wrong. I had a 5 week plateau, which after week 2 I started to focus on exercise...After 3 weeks I lost 2lbs and since then, 2 weeks now, I still haven't lost anything. I do notice my clothes getting bigger, but that's about it. The scale is just not budging, which makes me think that I need another fill.

You might need another fill--but go conservative. You may not be losing pounds..but you are losing inches. Muscle does weigh more than fat and your body many just be readjusting everything.

Denise,

Do my eyes deceive me or are you one pound away from half way to goal?! What a fantastic mile stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's Awesome...and I only pry because I feel like sometimes I'm doing something totally wrong. I had a 5 week plateau, which after week 2 I started to focus on exercise...After 3 weeks I lost 2lbs and since then, 2 weeks now, I still haven't lost anything. I do notice my clothes getting bigger, but that's about it. The scale is just not budging, which makes me think that I need another fill.

Thanks.... But you are doing wonderful yourself... and all you probably need is another fill... i hit a month plateau before too but as soon as i got that fill i was back on track... and since you are losing inches means your gettign rid of fat and replacing it with muscle which i really good for you ... with more lean muscle the better ability to burn the fat!!! :whoo: Good Luck!!! and remember 42lbs gone forever!!!