Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In August

I feel the same way, I haven't lost much at all, compared to a lot of you marchies, and I feel like I am busting my butt at the gym. The eating could always be better, but after re-evaluating everything, down to food, exercise, etc, I think I am going to try a couple months off my birth control pills. That is the only thing that I can possibly think of that is prohibiting me from losing weight. Or I need another fill. I feel like a dope though because my doc likes to fill aggresively and my second fill felt like too much then, so I had her take a little more than half out and since then I have only had 1 small fill, but now I think I may need another fill, which if I do get one would bring me back up to where I was when I though I was too full. I don't know. This feels very trial and error, and is quite frustrating when the pounds don't come off.

We really do need to hang in there, don't we. Thanks for your empathetic words, Carol and jmcambra. I wish I couldn't eat pizza crust and bread, etc. but I can eat every little bit. Last night I ate an entire hamburger--bun and all the fixin's. I really wish I had more restriction, but if I did would I eat the right foods? I hope so, but who knows.

It's always hard to decide on fills but I hope you don't feel like you really messed up with having part of your fill removed, jmcambra. Like you say, it's trial and error for us as well as for our doctors--every single person seems to be different. Early on my fill nurse said I might be one of those people who need over 3 cc in a 4 cc band. I'm up to 2.8 now so she was probably right.

I have to admit I'm jealous of others who are losing like gangbusters. Like the man on here (or was it another thread?) who was banded in March and has lost 117 lbs. with only 4 left to goal. I'm so thrilled for him but look at my piddly little 21 lbs. and want to cry. When I get down, I wonder why I did this and if it is every going to be the tool I thought it would be or just an inconvenience that doesn't help me in my weight loss goals but just makes me chew forever and take small bites (which still isn't the case for me but I'm sure will come).

Okay, enough whining. But thanks for listening and understanding. We really can do this!

I have to admit I'm jealous of others who are losing like gangbusters. Like the man on here (or was it another thread?) who was banded in March and has lost 117 lbs. with only 4 left to goal. I'm so thrilled for him but look at my piddly little 21 lbs. and want to cry. When I get down, I wonder why I did this and if it is every going to be the tool I thought it would be or just an inconvenience that doesn't help me in my weight loss goals but just makes me chew forever and take small bites (which still isn't the case for me but I'm sure will come).

DITTO!!!!! I have to admit that I am so excited to see my fellow marchies lose so much weight in such a short amount of time, but I do get jealous because my weight just doesn't seem to want to budge!:girl_hug:

Ok guys went for my 5th fill today and I only lost 2.2 lbs this past month. They added another .5 cc for a total of 3cc I'm hoping this will start me losing more. I figure if I lose 2 lbs a month it will take me 5 years to lose what I need to lose. I guess I didn't realize that I could lose that slow. I know that I'm whining but l do get discouraged when I see how fast some are losing. I guess part of it is my age now. I have to get in more excerise and try to eat a lot less. I really do eat a lot less then I did before the band. I guess I thought it would just fall off. No such luck.

By the way, does anyone know why we have to liquid diet after a fill.

Guess we will learn to live this band.

Congrats on your fill, Carol. That sounds pretty aggressive--I hope it works for you! As far as the liquids after the fill, I think it's because the stomach can become irritated from the tightening so you have to give it a rest for a few days before trying solid food. I've read on here that some people have to have liquids the day before, too. I have no idea what that is about, though. I try not to eat much before the fill because I don't want the food to interfere with the fill but that's probably just in my mind. We're all learning! Let us know how things are in a few days! (I've also read that some people don't experience the benefit of the fill for 2 weeks--now that is strange!). Good luck!

Hey Marchies...

This is a huge learning curve here with the band. I'm doing well by some standards, but the food quantity has been creeping up and the bad choices are happening more than they used to, so my weight loss slowed down.

After taking a deep breath I've been working hard at getting back on track. I know it's easy to sit here and type and say what everyone already knows. Calories in verses calories burned are going to tell you how much you'll lose. There are concrete steps we can take to reduce intake and to burn more, but it's got to be in your head first.

I hate to see everyone struggling...but I feel it too myself. Maybe this is the 5 month hump?

Let's keep up the good fight!

We all have each other for suppport and thats great. It's nice to just get some of our fears and hopes out there.

I also don't feel like I have my eating under control. The band hasn't changed that. Some foods go down easier than others and we don't have to think when I eat them.

Had a .5 fill yesterday because I only lost 2 lbs in 4 weeks.

I have been able to eat more food lately. Dr. wanted to put in 1cc and I said no way, I only have a 4cc band (so, 2.5cc fill right now)

So, Clear liquids yesterday, full liquids today and mushies tomorrow which SUCKS! because my office birthday party is tomorrow and there will be Snacks and food. I'm making mexican roll-ups that are low-fat and I can't have any!

I'll muddle through. The hard part is no one in my office knows I have the band and it can get kinda hard when everyone else is eating an your not.

Drinking my Isopure grape frost drink. 40 Protein in 20 oz. Not too bad in taste, like grape kool-aid.

So, how long should I give my band to settle down? I mean when should I say enough is enough and that I'm too tight?

I'm asking because it took me a good 45 minutes to drink my Protein shake this a.m. and my medication really was stuck also.

I've never been this tight drinking liquids, I feel every drop going down. ......perhaps this what restriction should really feel like?

Hi Marchies! Its been at least 3 weeks since I've been here. I'm sorry some of you are not losing as quickly. I don't know if you are keeping a log of what you eat, Calories, Protien, Fat, Fiber, and Sugar. I started doing this and its helping. Also, according to my doctor, you should lose a pound a week. So if you're not dropping 5-10lbs a month, then thats okay. Try setting mini goals. Like lose 30lbs. When you hit that goal you will feel great. Then set another mini goal.

And yes...you can eat just about anything you used to. And sometimes you should treat yourself. But I find the band has helped me want to eat healthier. It takes forever to shop since I'm really looking at labels. Don't give up and keep on trying.

Remember...any amount lost is still a LOSS! As long as it goes down then that is your ultimate goal.

Mary, I'm not sure why the have us doing Clear Liquids, then full liquids and the soft foods. I read in some of the boards that some of the doc's don't do that anymore. I had my fill yesterday, I was to do clear liquids all day yesterday, but was so hungry last nite that I had a milk shake with protien powder in it. It really helped and I feel fine, so side effects yet. I hoping good sense will help me get through today. I going to have some chicken and mashed potatoes tonight. I'm so hungry, my stomach is making terribly loud noises.

Stay strong everyone, we will our battles.

I purchase the Isopure drinks at my local GNC. They are kind of expensive. They have different flavors, grape frost, blue raspberry, mango, fruit punch. Grape is my favorite. If you've never had whey Protein isolate, it goes down good, and then gets "dry" It comes in a glass bottle.

Hey Mary, I just noticed your only 20 pounds away from goal!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

hi mary,

the Isopure grape frost drink...are these the ones in the big test tubes?

no, not a test tube....20 oz glass bottles.

bariatriceating_1963_25677787

Isopure ready-to-drink bottles... Apple Melon, Grape Frost, Passion fruit, Orange, Alpine Punch, pineapple Orange banana, Mango Peach, and Blue Raspberry - No sugar, No preservatives, No fat, No carbs, No lactose... Just 40 grams of the purest, lightest, healthiest Protein with a fresh, clean, fruity taste.

Excellent kool-aide type flavors. Keep a bottle of Isopure in the refrigerator and pour small amounts to sip throughout your day. Many surgeons recommend this product to their patients.

They sell it at Bariatric Eating - Protein, Vitamins, Gastric Bypass & Lap Band Info, Post-op recipes, and Help. I get mine at GNC.

Like I said, they are expensive around 3.50 a bottle. I can't afford to drink them regularly, but I had a fill yesterday and am on full liquids today so I thought I'd treat myself.

Mary you can see you've lost weight in your face in your new picture! Wow-wee!!!

Will you smile again in the next one? (Just being silly) You look great.