Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In August

I think that the reason why we had the surgery in the first place is because we have these types of eating issues. Now that I have the band, the binging on sugar can't happen as much as it used to. And if I do slip up now (which is often), I don't gain back like I used to, I just maintain. If I want to lose weight, I know I have to be good, but at least its not as hard as it was preband. You guys are all doing so good!

This is true. At least our slip ups will only mean a couple of pounds gained, then we will lose again when we are back on track. I'm trying to keep reminding myself of what I signed up for here. Not a fast weight loss, but a slow, healthy, gradual weight loss. It will take us a couple of years, guys. We'll get there though!

Didn't want to do it, but I'm moving my ticker back up 3 lbs. I saw 189 for about a day, but I'm fluctuating between 191 and 193 again. I've exercised every day for about two weeks though, so hope this will help. I've realized that to truly commit to exercise, I have to plan it in daily, otherwise I make too many excuses. My eating is not so great. It'll get better though!

Hi everyone, August is here and hot, hot, hot! I have had three fills and need another. I go back to the doc on the 24th! Can't wait....seems like you all are doing great! Keep up the good work and we will be big time losers!

PamelaJuliComp.jpg

Hi Marchies. I'm in yellow and my new found friend Pamela is in the red. We met here on the LBT board and just so happening to be vacationing at the same time in the same place so we met at a coffee/gelato/pastery shop! We got along so well we and our sweeties had dinner together the next night!

It's a small world!

Hey Juli!

How cute are you!!!! I am envious that you got to go to Cape Cod! I am sure it was awesome!!

Denise

I saw this on the June support groups thread. It was giving up junk food for the month of August. I admit that I'm a junk for junkie and have a huge sweet tooth. Anyone want to join me in a challenge for the rest of the month. NO MORE JUNK food FOR ONE MONTH.

Maybe it will stick and rid me of that bad habit.

I am so in on that one... my sweet tooth will be pissed but im sure if i see the scale going lower and lower ill be thrilled!!!

you know mary, its funny you say that because i have been really slow with the weight loss but my sizes are changing. i went from a 26 to a 24 tops and 24 to 22 bottoms in about 2 weeks. its like i'm getting smaller but the dang scale isn't moving!!!

jmcambra..... your losing fat but gaining muscle which is good

For those of you wanting something sweet ( and not on strike from sweets) Try those 100 cal. packs. they have all sorts of things Cookies and chocolate and chips... for those times where you desperately want something but want to stay low on cals. :faint:

I am having a hard time articulating this but here goes...

I am 9 pounds away from making a major milestone and for some reason I am terrified. I haven't been under 300 pounds in about 10 years.

I don't know what exactly the fear is - I really want to lose weight for too many reasons to even list but for some reason I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the weight loss and identity issues.

Anyone else struggling with this?

I am having a hard time articulating this but here goes...

I am 9 pounds away from making a major milestone and for some reason I am terrified. I haven't been under 300 pounds in about 10 years.

I don't know what exactly the fear is - I really want to lose weight for too many reasons to even list but for some reason I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the weight loss and identity issues.

Anyone else struggling with this?

I so understand. I have not been a normal weight in so long, that I can't believe that I will ever have a normal weight. I can't even imagine what I will look like or how I will feel. I think this is major road block for me. Because I believe it will ever happen and if it does it won't last. I have lost and gain so much over the years that I really have trouble believing in myself or the band. I also fear that the people we have in our lives will not be here, or I will change and not need some of the people in my life. I can't really explain what I mean, but I fear losing friends or I will change and people won't like me. I understand. But this thread does help where we can explain or talk about our feeling.

Thanks for being there everyone.

Banded March 8th, everything is going great. I have lost 117 lbs. feel great, look great and run everyday. Best decision of my life.

Hello all! August is going by fast!

So far my fill is holding up great, I just keep pushing on back my apointment further and further. Why mess with a good thing? Though the other day I thought it would be ok if I had a couple bites of a roll before dinner. Not ok. Those things don't go through. No more bread before dinner for me.

Today is my first wedding anniversary! How exciting is that? I'm surprised its already been a whole year for one thing. We went to the resturant where we had our reception. Soon we will be seeing how their cheesecake defrosts.

I haven't been weighing myself so much lately. Partly because I forget. And partly because I am focusing on NSVs right now. I think my body shape is changing more than my weight is. I know I am getting some loose skin! My wing span has gotten bigger! These arms will be weapons soon enough if I learn how to utilize their momentum. Also the belly and boobs are finding gravity more and more irrestible every day. Gravity used to be my favourite force. I just might have to rethink that (I started out as an engineering physics major back in the day-- of course I have a favourite force. Did everyone hear about how they are reversing that force that geckos use to actually levitate small things? Far out. I need to talk to the real physicistics I know about that.).

I might be investing in some Spanx soon. I'm going shopping in a posh mall up in the suburbs in a couple of days. The Lane Bryant by me closed unexpectedly. I need a new bra, I think I now might wear a 38DD, but I have no idea where to shop. The Catherines where I am at has really big sizes typically and really ugly stuff, and fashion bug doesn't have much in the way of undies. Also I tried on some old jeans I had, not expecting them to go around my hips all the way let alone fasten. But fasten they did. I could even breath, though there was serious muffin top and some camel toe invovled. The jeans were even a size 16T. That means no W after them, meaning no Women's, no plus sizes, just extended sizes, like in misses. I could tell that once they do fit they will fit me better than my current plus size garments.

I remember that back in the day I couldn't wear plus size because of how those were cut. The waists on those were always way too big and the butts on plus sizes always were too large for me as well. Strange as it may sound, my butt isn't that big. I have pretty big hips, and proportion wise I'm a perfect hourglass, but the rear itself isn't as large as the cut allowed for and things would just hang wierd. I found trying to defeat the stairmaster by stepping on it was good, however, in that department.

So I have no idea where to shop. Where on earth does one buy misses size clothes and Bras that aren't DDD? ITs been too long. I'd ask my friends, but they are too small to know. They are size 4. Yes, both of my good friends are tiny. One actually has a bit of a six pack-- she has a higher belt in tae kwon doe and wins marathons and stuff like that. She's a chemical engineer. The other is a natural blond who just got a promotion at work, speaks japanese, and always has at least one or two guys wanting to ask her out. But its ok. They can't help these things. And they used to be jealous that had proportionate curves (before gravity and weightloss caused the flab monster to take over), thick hair (its starting to grow back...), and a wonderful husband. Life can be ironic.

So now I need to find stores to shop in. Stores that would have sizes like 16-20. Are there stores like that, do department stores have those sizes? One of my dreams is to go on What Not to Wear, as I am completely clueless about clothes and have Stacy and Clinton tell we what to wear and make it all better, but not until I'm done losing weight and so forth. I really find this all strange. Makeup and hair aren't so difficult. Those don't change so much as clothes, it seems to be that all the basics stay more or less the same, and the stuff is cheaper at least. Where as clothes, really good stuff at least, can be so expensive. And then every season a person is supposed to have this new wardrobe or something. Its all a bit much for me to comprehend. Sometimes I buy a magazine and look at it helplessly.

Kyethra

First of all you kill me with all of the "back in the days". Girl you are 24. There can't be too many of them!

But more seriously try Kohls or some other department store not Lord and Taylor. You'll certainly find good, better than Lane Bryant, bras there. Look for brands like Vanity Fair and Warner...Try many different styles and a range of sizes. I find the bra fitting guides don't work on larger sized women...so go to a happy zen place and know you'll have more misses than hits with the bras, but you'll find some.

Also, check out the misses sizes there...again, brands like Lee, Gloria Vanderbulit and Dockers might fit better the LB's and especially better than Catherines. I particularly like Old Navy's plus size stuff on line. I don't have much of an ass but broad hips and small waste. See what works.

Happy Shopping!

waist not waste. Oi. I wish editing was easier on this sight.

And btw, I'm going for my first fill today. July was a hard-hard month for me and it showed in what I put into my mouth. I'm back on track the last few days but I need the boost of some restriction. I'm a little scared to be honest, but all in all I think it's time.

Good luck with your fill, Juli. You'll do great. I remember being so nervous about my first one but now (after 6) I just hop up on the table and get 'er done. This last fill actually gave me a tiny bit of restriction so I'm getting hopeful. I have an appt. for my next one in 10 days.

I'm torn, though. I mean, I'd LOVE to lose weight but right now I am on vacation with hubby and enjoying the most wonderful meals. I won't even titillate you all with my current diet. I seem to be holding my own--not losing and not gaining. It's just been so much fun. But I can eat WAY too much--three pieces of pizza, ribs, steak, rolls, etc.--without any problem. Oh, I guess I did titillate. Sorry! I just wanted you to empathize with my non-restricted self.

I did have my second PB the other day but it was my fault--we were at friend's house for Breakfast and I gulped down a piece of thick-sliced bacon without chewing. Oh dear. Pain in my shoulder, stuck-pill feeling next, then the burping and sliming, going to the bathroom, and a good cough. It was over quickly and I went back to resume Breakfast. I avoided the bacon but ate pancakes, sausage, etc. without any problem. I'm hopeless.

The problem is, I can always "diet" for a few months and then if I'm not seeing success I just can't do it anymore. I've been banded for 5 months now and I'm sick of doing it on my own. Plus we just sold our house and moved out of it and so are homeless for a few months. STRESS! Right now we took a little vacation--I'm still in the mentality that vacation means unrestricted eating. It's so hard for me when my patterns are disrupted and I'm stressed on top of that.

Whine. whine. whine. Sorry, friends. Hope you all have a wonderful week. I'll try to do better. :paranoid

The fill didn't happen because they couldn't find the right spot on the port. Not for trying. I joked that when I drink Water I'm going to look like a watering can.

I'll get it done under fluro on Friday. They do that at a different office...no harm.

Thanks for the well wishes, I'll save them for Friday.

I did get back to the gym and strength training today. My calories are reasonable too. Whew.

Momlambert, Just don't feel alone. I have not lost much and I'm going for my 5th fill today. I have some restriction, but like you I can eat pizza, not the crust, I eat just the topping, probably the worst part. I just love pizza and can't seem to give it up. I eat no bread products, I wil pb on them everytime. I have to eat slower than I use to, but I can still get away with to big a bites. I now have to slow down some or I will pb. I too am tired of all the stuff. I decided the other day that I don't want to keep track on fit day any more. I just want to eat smaller quanities and go on with my life. I want a normal as possible life and being concerned with writing and weight and measuring everything is not normal. I know that I'm not normal as I'm addicted to food and maybe I'm fooling myself, but I want to see if I cant lose without keeping track. I would love a real hamburger. I can't eat chicken, I have tryed to fix many ways and it just gets stuck.

Oh well like you said, whine, whine, whine.

Hang in there, we are here for you. I don't know where all the marchies are, but maybe we all are having the same troubles.