Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In August

Hey gang.

I just wanted to say I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow. We are going to Cape Cod. What is curious though on a different thread on LBT, another person I chat with is going to be there at the exact same time. She's from California and I'm from Ohio!

She and I are going to have coffee one day next week!

Isn't that a hoot?! It's a small world.

On another note I'm fully into my third week of plateauing and I'm beyond frustrated. I'm hoping it was due to the stress of being school with an excessive load these last 6 weeks. (Today is my last day. WOO HOO!) I couldn't hit the gym as regularly and I've eaten better, so vacation is a time to relax and get into a better space. When I get home I'll hit it like I'm new at being banded.

XO

Have a great time Juli! What an exciting and relaxing time you will have.

I'm really looking forward to our vacation next weekend. Rented a cabin in the Upper Peninsula, MI for 4 days, doing the tourist thing and being a "troll" (that's what UP people call people that live south of the mackinaw bridge!)

I'm kinda stuck with weight too. I've gained and lost the same 5 lbs. for about 3 weeks. I've increased my exercise a little bit, been tracking my eating & activities on fitday.

But August is another month and today is a brand new day!

**I've wrode my bike to work every day this week.

Everyone have a great weekend probably won't sight back on til Monday

Have a GREAT time, Mary and Juli (and all your other vacationing Marchies)! Relax and enjoy!

Waving hello to everyone.

I have been a board slacker. I haven't had much to report - I am losing a pretty steady 1 to 2 pounds a week. I have been working out regularly.

Sometimes I get impatient and just want it all GONE! But at other times I get really excited that it is actually going and I am not gaining it back.

I will try to be more consistent on the board - it really helps support wise.

I saw this on the June support groups thread. It was giving up junk food for the month of August. I admit that I'm a junk for junkie and have a huge sweet tooth. Anyone want to join me in a challenge for the rest of the month. NO MORE JUNK FOOD FOR ONE MONTH.

Maybe it will stick and rid me of that bad habit.

So far today no junk food. I really want something sweet. My sweet tooth is talking to me right now. If I can give up diet coke cold turkey, then I surely can give up sweets. Right.

Hey Marchies!

Hope everyones weekend went well. Mine was ok, bad eating both days, and no gym...although I did get sweaty with the dog walking around the neighborhood last night. My aunt is getting her lap band placed right now. I can't wait to go visit her in the hospital tonight. Even though I haven't been losing weight as fast as I'd like, I'm still in love with my band. It has taught me to stop when I'm full, and not when I need to unbutton my pants...I'm sure my aunt will grow to love her band too!

Hello Marchies. Where is everyone. Hope all is well with everyone. I still trying to not have junk food, going pretty well. I still need more restriction, I go next week for another fill.

Have a great day everybody.

I'm really frustrated with my exercise routine, or lack of it.

This last week I haven't done much. some strength training and riding my bike to work today. I can't seem to get my a$$ on the treadmill in the a.m. My pants are getting bigger, I guess that's good.

you know mary, its funny you say that because i have been really slow with the weight loss but my sizes are changing. i went from a 26 to a 24 tops and 24 to 22 bottoms in about 2 weeks. its like i'm getting smaller but the dang scale isn't moving!!!

Its Confession Time For Me

Yesterday I Ate 3 Packs Of Peanut M&m's And A Bowl Of Soup 3 Bites Of A Hamburger Patty..dinner 1 Large Bowl Of Hamburger Helper....

Today

Breakfast-20 Baby Carrots

Half Of Sugar Cookie

Lunch-??

Dinner-??

Im Such A Failure!!!!!!!!

So not a failure....you body just needed something sweet. I think my body needs something sweet too often though!

Okay, I'll confess too! I've been good the last week and will try really hard today, but........ I have to stay away from the candy! My weakness...maple bun candy bars. Last week I ate a small package of snackwells sandwich Cookies, a bag of m&m's and a bag of white chedder popcorn (all in 1 day) not to mention the taco salad from Taco Bell and the cinnamon sugar twisters.

I've got to stay away from this crap but it goes down so easy. Maybe if I was a little tighter it wouldn't??

Gonna eat right this weekend while camping. Salmon in tin foil over the campfire with some summer squash will be yummy. Packed my soy crisps and pretzels, Protein Bars and soy milk. DH made me some turkey and reduced fat cheese roll-ups and fresh fruit salad.

It looks like most ppl here have a problem with the junk food.

How do we stop it????????????

Okay everybody, I believe that there is going to be times when we are not perfect, but don't beat yourselves up. Pick your self up and get back on the program. I had two light bulb moments in the past 12 hours. 1. I couldn't sleep last night so I got up and ate a bowl of Cereal and a couple of Cookies. I decide that I wasn't emotional or anything just couldn't sleep. As I went back to bed I figure out that I really was mad, hurt and insecure, because all I really wanted last night was to be held when I got in bed, but DH had a headache and I knew I didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of that happen. I have to stop punishing myself when I'm disappointed. 2. This morning I had to make a quick trip to my daughter, cause my granddaughter was having another seizure. After everything was over, my daughter was talking about being hungry and wanting tacos. In my preband days I would have stop and got something to eat, but I'm not hungry, so I can home without food. That is a big moment for me. In preband days I would have eaten 4 or 5 tacos. I hope to have more of these moments.

You all are doing great, so just get with the program and we will make it together through all the ups and downs and hopefully more downs then ups.