Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone, this may be a little gross to talk about but, I am having trouble pooping. Well the situation I am in has been occurring for about a day and a half. I have poop, its knocking at the door, I can physically feel it, but I can't get it out. I am constipated. I have tried stool softeners and no luck, I have tried going about 4 times now with no luck. The nurse told me to try Milk of Magnesia and prune juice. I was wondering is suppositories are a good option as well. I just wasn't sure if anyone has felt like this before, the poop is there and I can feel it, its big, but it isn't coming out. If you have felt this or have dealt with this please let me know. I just need some reassurance that I am not dying. Thanks

Been there...done that. Suppositories were my answer. It was the most uncomfortable feeling ever. I thought I was dying.

I now use chia seeds on a daily basis in almost all of my drinks.

I used Milk of Magnesia when this happened to me, worked great.

I used Milk of Magnesia when this happened to me, worked great.

Been there...done that. Suppositories were my answer. It was the most uncomfortable feeling ever. I thought I was dying.

I now use chia seeds on a daily basis in almost all of my drinks.

Thank you both!

I take stool softeners every day of my life! hate constipation! Don't let it become a blockage. Drink lots of Water, and maybe a couple stool softeners.

Yep

I'm 3 weeks out post op now, and had this problem 2 days ago. I was told to use the Mineral Oil in the laxative section.

Worked like a charm. But I have a feeling this is going to be a problem for awhile. The Protein shakes made me feel like I have been creating 'chalk sticks' in my bowels.

This happened to me when I started soft foods. It was like passing a watermelon through a straw. I used Smooth Move Tea for a couple of days to get relief. I have been taking Miralax in a cup of hot chocolate every night to keep things going.

i too have this problem at this very moment !

calld surgeons office nurse said miralax !

Pharmacy is delivering in the morning.....

Its been 3 days for me I pray for poop tomorrow ! ! Nurse said to drink some everyday as long as I'm drinking the protein! !

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH P310A using BariatricPal

Anyone who has the chronic Constipation prior to DS that's only exacerbated, painful, and even the strong script for linzess isn't stopping the horrible pains in your stomach ?? My dad had his DS 1/18/2016, I'm looking for any Intel or advice or suggestions or resources to help him Bc it's hard enough to see your dad finally get a chance at a healthy life at 71 after he devoted himself to helping everyone else, never having anyone until my amazing mom came along to support him & teach him to cope without feeding his feelings so now it's my turn to give him all my efforts & time to try to make my family's wish I've had all my life come true - all my life I wanted my daddy to be healthy & now at his age with his prior battles with cancer, no spleen, no gallbladder, no immune system, quadruple bypass, metal discs, spinal stenosis he has begun to feel good about himself, he has loss weight, he no longer has diabetes !! And if only he wasn't suffering in pain everyday Bc of the small amount of food he consumes is mainly made of liquid Protein (still in liquid stage) and his strong script for linzess isn't lessening his discomfort but to make matters worse & im sorry to be graphic - but he takes Coumadin & he cannot strain his muscles to poop (per say if he begins to bleed he will not stop- the medicine will put him in great danger over taking a poop!) how does it seem possible that afterall the struggles everyone on this forum has faced that poop could actually pose a threat or at the least horrible discomfort; which I'm so sorry you're experiencing after having read what seems similar to what my dads conveying & I am injured (immobile from an accident) so I can't be his nurse or move around to help him but I was a teacher & im good at researching most anything yet I can't find any definitive cause or resolution for this problem with pooping less and the stomach pain described so I'm here on the forum hoping anyone who reads this will take a second and lend me your story or advicw .. Anything helpful Bc My dads my hero & I can't bear to see him finally begin to feel healthy only to suffer daily bouts of debilitating stomach pain and problems pooping getting in the way of the only dream I think it's fair to say anyone who has had the DS has people who care about them & maybe, like me you or someone who loves you even yourself only wished all your life for a healthy body & now that wish is xominf true. You are all brave heroes for what you have acheived already & if you have any info to share please do. Sorry for the verbosity, thanks & God bless.

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal

Guys, I did it. Thank you for all your help and reassurances. I never want to feel that again.

My endocrinology near suggested today that I add Benefiber to foods and drinks to increase Fiber. I'm going to try that. Will also try still softeners.

Benefiber and Activia works great

it all over i got my miralax ! ! yea! !

Main ingredient in Miralax = polyethylene glycol, cost $10-$30

Main ingredient in Mineral Oil = polyethylene glycol, cost $2-$11

I had to tell this to the nurse at my Bariatric Center. She said if the Mineral Oil didn't work, try Miralax. O.o So what is the difference?

I have the Mineral Oil, no taste, absoutley no stomach upset, no intestinal scrunching and it's not off-putting to take it. After you take your 2 tsps or tbsp (whatever you need to work up to) or just seems like you put on lip gloss, lol.

Edited by Amelie2016