Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a surgeon

Hello, I am new to this. I have look on other forums but was told by a friend to try here. I am a self pay and looking to go to Mexico but not sure where to start. I have heard of several doctors and trying to find the right one for me. I have narrowed my list of doctors down to 3 that I am looking into and would like some feed back at to your experience, and who you went through to book with them. D. Zavalza, Dr. Illian and Dr. Ponce.

Thank you for your help

I didn't use any of the three you are considering, but BariatricPal has some special arrangements with various surgeons to provide discounted packages and I think at leas two of the surgeons on your list are included. Hopefully one of the BP reps will post and give you more info.

I am the same as you. I been looking which doctors in Mexico are the best, I have decided to go with the Mexicali Bariatric Center but I don't know which dr yet am still doing research. If anyone has used this Center any information would be great.

Good luck hopefully you will find the right doctor.

I don't think they would be a good fit for me. I really like what I am seeing and reading on all the many profiles on Facebook and other Forums about BariatricPal Team MX. I have talked to one of the coordinator and they seem very informed of the procedure and the facilities used. I also like that if I go with them they are all on sight so I can meet my coordinator. I was just notified that they also have a nutritionist that will come and see me before I leave and help me get started on my first week when I get home. I will also have her for 3 years. I still have not made my mind up on the surgeon because I want to be able to have a consult with each one and this will also help me to decide which doctor will make me feel more comfortable about coming to Mexico.

@@79looking Having a nutritionist that you can hound with questions post-op is INVALUABLE! It is one of the things I liked best about the surgeon I chose. So yes, definitely factor that in. Even when they give you a lot of documentation on the pre and post-op diet, nothing beats clear and concise answers from a real human being. They can't possibly cover everything in those binders.