Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all March bypass surgery dates!

Lol on the whining. I can relate. However- have you considered some sort of compression garment for your abdomen? Also, during maternity there is a belt of sorts women wear under their clothing to support the belly and alleviate pain from their back. This may be your savior. Stop by a maternity clothing store ( not just a section in a large store an actual specialty shop) and ask of you may try one on. Good luck.

Called my doctors nurse and they said that my pain is coming from a nerve that sometimes gets sewn into the incision repair they do on the inside of the incision. So I am basically unlucky :(

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

No. You're not unlucky. She simply did a crappy job of explaining it to you. Nerves are in our skin. When they cut through they sever them. When they sew you back up the nerves need to re connect/ regenerate. THAT is where the pain is from. Some areas "reconnect" easier than others. The areas that don't hurt more- a lot more. And EVERYONE goes through this. She needs to be reeducated on speaking with patients. Period.

Can't wait till Tuesday I need someone to examine my situation this pain is not reducing and feels almost like something is getting torn with even the slightest bend of the waist or even the smallest bend forward or side to side. I'm usually good with pain never take meds, but this is killing me. I try to walk but even on mess I might get to the end of my street before it feels like I'm further damaging myself. I tried staying still yesterday, no dice still just as bad this morning.

hw 440 sw 399 cw 385 rny on 3/23/16

Can't wait till Tuesday I need someone to examine my situation this pain is not reducing and feels almost like something is getting torn with even the slightest bend of the waist or even the smallest bend forward or side to side. I'm usually good with pain never take meds, but this is killing me. I try to walk but even on mess I might get to the end of my street before it feels like I'm further damaging myself. I tried staying still yesterday, no dice still just as bad this morning.

I feel sane way, mine was 3/28, pain is unbearable at times, I'm usually pretty good at pain. I handled my part Laparoscopic, part open incision surgery in December for my ovarian masses much better than this, makes that surgery feel like a cake walk. Also scared I don't have enough pain meds to last to my post op Thursday, travelling right now is not ideal with all my pain.

So I went ahead this morning took my pain medication and as soon as they kicked in walked 2 blocks. Was excited I was able to do it. Came home did some sitting around had a sugar free pudding with some Protein added. Dozed off woke up 2 hours later and now I can't even get up to go to bathroom without real real bad pain. Hope I didn't mess something up. Pain is almost as bad as right after surgery. First time I felt nauseous from pain. Needless to say I'm done walking till Tuesday. I'll update.

So sorry for the pain :( I'll be 1 month pist op this Thursday and feel totally normal now unless I just way way overdo my day then Im just exausted, but feel no pain.

I wish, I so want to walk but just around the house is painful

hw 440 sw 399 cw 378 rny on 3/23/16

I'm only 2 weeks out tomorrow tho

hw 440 sw 399 cw 378 rny on 3/23/16

Hi!! I just got my bypass surgery date! March 14th!!! Id love to find some buddies......anyone?????

March 31st! I'm now 3 weeks post op. I have had some minor dehydration issues, but otherwise doing great. I was down 12 lbs at my first post op visit (13 days post).

Sent from my HTC D816h using the BariatricPal App

Hey March Bypass Folks,

How is everyone doing? Overall I couldn't be happier with my decision to have RNY! I'm down 81 lbs since my first consult in January and 59lbs since surgery on March 14th. Still have about 50lbs to go.

Health wise I've never been better. better. I also am loving shopping for new clothes! I still have trouble reaching my Protein goals and my hair is falling out by the handful on a daily basis, but I'm trying not to let it get me down as I know it won't last forever.

Anyway, just thought I'd check in and see how everyone else is doing!

Yay us! Was 440 in January rny surgery on March 23rd. Today I am...stepping on scale...331.4. Couldn't be happier, tons more energy then before. Was wearing a 52 or 54 size jeans down to a 46 (a little snug but not to the point it's uncomfortable.)

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

Great job!! Yes, I am basically in ecstatic mode almost every day. The first month or so were rough emotionally, and just adjusting, but WOW am I so happy I've done this!! Down 61lbs since my surgery date March 15th, and yours and my stats are pretty similar @cdeisroth so that's so nice to see! LOVE that I can fit into all the clothes I thought would be impossible, I even bought a cute bathing suit that has cutouts and though I jiggle, I LOVE IT! Finally have figured out the energy and what I'm able to do exercise wise (tennis, crossfit and backpacking are my primaries) but I totally still have trouble making my Protein goals, averaging about 60g/day even though I think by now I should be closer to 80 - especially with all the exercise!!

Can I ask about how many calories you're eating a day at this point? My NUT didn't give me calorie guidelines and just said to make sure to get enough Protein and that's my primary focus, but I've been trying to stick to 600-800/day, although there have been one or two days that I did like 900! :/

Anyway, thanks for the post! Love to see how everyone's doing!!!

Edited by swizzle

@@swizzle you mentioned something about energy. I had RNY on Apr-13 and do not have the energy I expected since losing 36lbs post-op. I haven't started exercising because of a bad sciatica and low energy. Surgeon and primary told me to be patient and may take up to 6 months to get full energy. Frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App