Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve done on January 5th . I have had a real hard time getting fluids and Protein in . I'm like 40 -50 oz and get like 20 grams of protein . I went ronde and he said it could be up to 6-8 weeks to heal enough to start eating soft foods . Been crazy. 4 iVs so far . The last few days have been better . Just wondering if anyone has gone this long without any food . So sick of the shakes . I've tried so many different ones . Is sure hope I made the right decision . I was 294 day of surgery and today I'm 244 . 50 pounds . Any feedback would be great .

I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time.

Getting in all of your Protein and fluids is absolutely critical for healing and for weight loss.

What worked for me right after surgery was to sip, sip, sip, and sip some more. I sipped Protein shakes, Protein Soup, etc. and Fluid all day and didn't go to bed until I reached my target. It's not easy but you can do it.

Try broth with unflavored Protein. That worked well for me with 30 min lunches. I just used hot Water and bullion cubes. I also made it with my coffee cup / coffee maker hot water during the day. It was a nice break from sweet taste. I added the unflavored protein to cream of Soups that were a little watered down.

Not sure where you are on your plan, but I ate devil ham early on as well. Good luck and keep pressing to get your protein & water in.

You have to get that Protein up. Protein helps with healing among other things. What shakes have you tried? Have you tried Premier Protein ready made shakes? Only 11 oz and 30g protein. Highly recommend them. Are you able to eat yogurt? I buy Greek Yogurt (I like Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt - strawberry Cheesecake and Key Lime flavors) and then I mix 1/2 a scoop of vanilla Protein powder (I love the Precision Engineering whey Protein Isolate). That bumps up the protein a lot. Also, if you can have pudding, I sugar free Fat Free chocolate pudding snack and mix 1/2 scoop Of chocolate Protein Powder. (Again, the Precision Engineering whey Protein Isolate.) If you can at least eat pureed or soft foods, then there are other options other than shakes.