Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bra math - don't try this at home.

Thanks for posting this. I always have a horrible time with bras. I am still wearing whatever I have in my drawer and the fit on all of them are bad. I still have a ways to go so don't want to get too many... any suggestions for stores that measure you but are not super expensive would be greatly appreciated. I am in Florida. Not a huge fan of VS. Their straps always fall of my shoulders and I don't really care for their branding...

And they aren't really trained in measuring there and will make you fit into a size they carry even if you don't!!!!

Independent boutiques are best but if you don't find one try Macy's or Nordstrom's or a big department store that carries many brands! Or try the Reddit link above and do it yourself!

The bariatric support group I attended recently had a presentation by Macy's. I wasn't a fan of the clothes they put people into, but they did talk about making an appointment with a bra fitter, or personal shopper, which are both entirely free services. With a personal shopper, you can just stay in the dressing room, and they will bring you things to try on to find what fits and looks good.

For those still in the weightloss phase you might want to consider "Genie" Bras. They come in wonderful colours some with lace and you don't have to worry about band or cup size just S-XXXL. I still wear them as I am overwhelmed to go and buy some "real" bras.

Thank you for responding. I will probably go to Macys :)

Thanks for posting this. I always have a horrible time with bras. I am still wearing whatever I have in my drawer and the fit on all of them are bad. I still have a ways to go so don't want to get too many... any suggestions for stores that measure you but are not super expensive would be greatly appreciated. I am in Florida. Not a huge fan of VS. Their straps always fall of my shoulders and I don't really care for their branding...

And they aren't really trained in measuring there and will make you fit into a size they carry even if you don't!!!!

Independent boutiques are best but if you don't find one try Macy's or Nordstrom's or a big department store that carries many brands! Or try the Reddit link above and do it yourself!

Soma has really nice bras if you support. Yes they are around $60, but they are worth it.

The staff in the store are good at measuring.

A good bra will make you look slimmer, it isn't the place to cut corners. If I end up spending $60 a month on bras it is offset by my food savings.

@@OutsideMatchInside, I've gone through several changes too. I go to the thrift shop for them. They're only $2.

I can't wear clothes coated in other people's skin cells.

Is it even legal to sell used bras? Isn't that a health violation?

I can't wear clothes coated in other people's skin cells.

Is it even legal to sell used bras? Isn't that a health violation?

It's perfectly legal. Jeans actually have more skin cells left on them than bras because they have more skin contact. Hot Water and detergent and bleach kill any germs.

They don't sell used underwear. But bras they do. Breasts are just skin unless I suppose you are lactating. No difference between those and a tank top or jeans or any other skin contact.

Now shoes... Because of the fungus issue and hats because of the lice issue I wouldn't purchase because you can't even wash those.

I don't wear any used clothes or share clothes with anyone. The whole idea gives me the hibbie jibbies.

A bra because of the warmth of your body, their materials and construction is useless once someone has worn it.

I don't wear any used clothes or share clothes with anyone. The whole idea gives me the hibbie jibbies.

A bra because of the warmth of your body, their materials and construction is useless once someone has worn it.

Well it depends. I myself have donated some to goodwill that have barely been worn because I bought the wrong size or shrunk or grew out super quickly.

Anyway my point is it's perfectly legal and not against any Health code violations. If you don't like to wear used clothes, you are certainly more than entitled to that choice. Some of us make a different choice and that's fine too. Just pointing out we aren't risking our health in doing so ????

Oh what a topic!!! I'm down 125 lbs and in all the years (and there are a lot of them) that I have yo-yo'd up and down, I have never ... I repeat *NEVER* lost anything in my chest. One time I did go up in cup size even though I lost nearly 30 lbs. This time, I swear it was the first place I started losing. I went from a 48F/G a year ago down to a 40D this past weekend. I held on to bras as long a I could before buying new ones. I literally would scoop them up and throw them into the cup until they would fall out when I bent over .... then it was time for a new one! I bought only one at a time for a period because the size changed every other week. This weekend I bought 3 ... weight loss has slowed down and the girls aren't jiggling around so much now so I felt comfortable knowing I would probably be in these at least a little bit. Even bought me 2 purty lacy ones! :) Eventually I might like buying bras again, but for now bra shopping is the bane of my existence!!!

I went to Torrid this weekend and got measured. I normally wear a 40c, but she says I can fit into a 42C/D and she was right!

I'm wearing one right now, and it feels like they are walking in before I am. I'm so used to wearing sports bras and flattening the girls down, but wow ,yes I am a bit self conscious.

Hubby loves the bra by the way! :blush:

Jeez I'm pre op. My current bra size is 40 H. By the time I get to my goal weight I'm sure I'll be able to sling them over my shoulders. [emoji30] *creates GoFundMe for boob job*

Went from a 42 DD to a 36 C/D. The C fits ok, but too much loose skin. The D fits better. Just this morning I commented to DH that only needing to connect 2 hooks still feels odd.

To the poster with the huge rib cage, I'm right there with you :(

I'm pre op but down 40 pounds so my bras are loose. I decided for now and after surgery I am just going to wear sports bras until my weight stabilizes.