Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steve Harvey

Anybody read his books on dating?

Yes...Straight talk no chaser and Act Like a lady think like a Man. Good stuff.

Steve Harvey? That Steve Harvey?!

Yes, Act like a lady, think like a man.

Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man------then I gave it to my daughter whose girls will be teenagers soon.

I wouldn't take dating advice from a man that cheated on his last wife with his current wife.

I read the book out of curiosity and it might work if you are over 50 and don't use the Internet or date men that use the Internet but other than that it is really outdated.

The only thing worth taking from the book is that women need to know their value, but you can learn that anywhere and hopefully have learned it by high school.

I actually liked both books and the points he makes regarding the cookie and men who are just playing. If a man has not found his direction, he is not going to settle down.

I also like Dr. Laura. Are there any other books or people you guys like for dating advice?

John Gottman He has done a lot of research on couples.

I actually liked both books and the points he makes regarding the cookie and men who are just playing. If a man has not found his direction, he is not going to settle down.

Plenty of losers settle down just for a roof over their head.

This is sooo true. lol both men and women.

Plenty of losers settle down just for a roof over their head.

I would be careful of his advice based upon his "Miss Universe" winner announcement.

S.H. (that's Steve Harvey): "You need to Act Like a Man, Think Like a Lady, I mean, Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, sorry I read the manuscript wrong".

Thanks for saying this. Someone with his personal history can never preach to me concerning relationships. Cannot believe so many have fallen for his BS. Steve is nothing more than a snake oil salesman selling basic common sense to people. There is nothing new or insightful in what he is spewing.

I wouldn't take dating advice from a man that cheated on his last wife with his current wife.

I read the book out of curiosity and it might work if you are over 50 and don't use the Internet or date men that use the Internet but other than that it is really outdated.

The only thing worth taking from the book is that women need to know their value, but you can learn that anywhere and hopefully have learned it by high school.

It amazes me that he has so many female fans considering how he treated his ex wife. He should be tarred and feathered.

post-255432-0-18504800-1456892820_thumb.jpeg post-255432-0-74195800-1456892859_thumb.jpeg

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/361237-Ok,-bit-the-bullet-and-ordered-the-book

A discussion on that very book. I am over 50 and while I think some points are good, the basic premise that I want a husband and every man out there just wants a sex only relationship is flawed on both ends of the equation. I actually think things in there seem more relevant to younger people who seek to marry and raise kids.

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App