Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had vag with Tijuana Bariatrics (Dr. Vazquez did mine) on Monday, 2/29. Just got back to Atlanta last night. What hotel will you be staying at? Or do they have a recovery house?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

How did it go? I'm having mine with same doctor next month.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using the BariatricPal App

@@uninnocent21, It was fine. The hospital and rooms are nice. I dont think I heard Dr. Vazquez say 3 words. I actually asked if he spoke English. They really watch you closely afterwards. I swear someone is in your room every hr or 2. The day you're released to the hotel, they take you to an offsite place to get an xray to check for leaks. (The barium swallow is awful!) Then they bring you back to remove your drain. It's not painful, just a very odd feeling. The only down side to me is that there was nobody with me when I woke up. Of course I didn't know what was going on, so I asked someone, "excuse me, did everything go ok? Am i done?" The response was "No English ". It would have been nice to know what was going on. Otherwise everything was ok. Not much different than an American hospital, just smaller.

Thank you so much! That makes me feel better. Did you get copies of your labs and xray to bring back with you? How many incisions? What medication take home pack did they give you? Do you mind sharing your height and weight before surgery? I'd love to follow your progress!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using the BariatricPal App

Sure! I started my 2 wk pre op diet at 290. Day of surgery 275. Today (6 days post op) I was 269. They send you with Mexican versions of Antibiotics and NSAIDs. (Cephalexin and Ketorolac). You also get a mexican version of antacid, a chalky liquid. They give you some gauze and tape and antibacterial spray for your incisions. I have 4. 3 small ones and one is prob 2-3".You get copies of your pre op stuff, (ecg and labs).You don't get a copy of your xray from your leak test. Atalia, the on site coordinator, has a packet of info at the desk at the hotel when you check in. Usually they send you via Marriott shuttle the next morning for surgery.

Any Long Islanders getting sleeved? I'm going in on March 8th with Dr. Barkan at Winthrop University Hospital. He's the same doc that took out my daughter's gallbladder this past summer and she's terrific. I'm SO ready for a change. (BTW I'm in my 50's. Any other older gals getting or got sleeved? ;)

Purplej, Long Island

I'm up for surgery March 18th and this pre-op diet is KILLING ME.

I can only have a shake up to 3 times a day and 1 salad (lettuce only) which chicken, clear dressing (balsamic). I am dying for something crunchy!

I'm not tempted by sweets or junk food, I just want crunch!

How is everyone else doing?

I just finished day 2 of all liquid diet. 640 cal, 20g carbs, 12g fat, and 120g Protein. Drank 120oz, so not terribly hungry. It just stinks walking through airports, and watching tv. The smells and sights of all kinds of delicious foods I cannot eat.

I'm home from Tijuana. I had the best experience! I feel fantastic

Sent from my SM-N900V using the BariatricPal App

I need help! My date is March 21st and besides the Protein shake I don't know what else to bay after the surgery

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Hi julet_licelot,

I would suggest contacting your coordinator. They should be able to walk you through every step of the process :)

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

What company did you use, and which surgeon?