Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Month Sleeve Update and Half Way There!

Today marks 3 months since I was re-born into this brave new world! And since that day, I cannot even begin to enumerate the exponential feelings of wellness and hopefulness that have begun to saturate my life. My goodness, I knew I needed help, but I had no idea how much of an addict to food I really was, and how every aspect of my life was somehow either tied around food, or mitigated by food, most of the time in negative nonsensical self-harming ways!

Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined, or even supposed in my defeated mind, that I could come so far in so little time! But here I stand, 3 months later, half way there, 54lb’s lighter, working out north of 1 hour every day (no excuses and I love it, and actually look forward to it!), no longer prediabetic, experiencing wellness, dancing around with my kiddos with giddy abandonment, full of energy, wanting to take pictures again, with a renewed sense of self-worth, with a focused mind, doing a double take at that lady in the mirror, being more in control and feeling so positive about most of my food choices. Friends, there is a brand new energy that I oscillate with these days, and there is an inner joy about me that I forgot I was even capable of experiencing.

I have spent today with a heart full of gratitude to God, I think that is most of what I feel today. Grateful that I have been rescued from what was not only a miserable, but a horribly unhealthy, sunken life. That I came through surgery and could see the faces of my kiddos again! For the amazing friendships I have made along the way on Bariatric Pals, without whom this journey would have been an infinitely lonelier one. You know who you are…thank you!!!

All this…and I’m only half way there!!! I’m more motivated and pumped than ever before. So I wanted to share this with you, thank you all for your love, encourage you in your journey (especially if you were like me, so torn about the decision to do or not to do!) and invite you to let me know where you are in your journey, your thoughts and laments around 3 months, or before or after! Just a collective pause to savor the goodness J

Sending you Sunshine!

Ellie

Ellie, I loved your positive post! I am only 12 days out and have only lost 8 pounds, but I am already feeling the empowerment and hope of my decision. I am, however, having difficulty motivating myself to walk. After my two week postop appt. I will return to my Water aerobics 3 mornings a week, but I know I need to add walking. 56 pounds in three months is blowing my mind! Congrats to you and thanks for the inspiration.

You will get there! This early in the game, you still probably have a ton of IV Fluid in you. In the early days I hardly stood on the scale! I recommend you get the Fitbit, changed everything for me! I got it as a gift once, was offended and gave it away. But after seeing how it motivated my husband I gave it another try and it has been the most motivational thing ever. I'm accountable to myself and I can see my progress. When well enough, consider getting one and good luck on your journey!

Ellie, I loved your positive post! I am only 12 days out and have only lost 8 pounds, but I am already feeling the empowerment and hope of my decision. I am, however, having difficulty motivating myself to walk. After my two week postop appt. I will return to my Water aerobics 3 mornings a week, but I know I need to add walking. 56 pounds in three months is blowing my mind! Congrats to you and thanks for the inspiration.

You are most welcome! I did not see much about you on your profile but I hope that wherever you are in this process, you are encouraged and that you see marvelous results!

Congratulations on your success, and thank you for sharing such a positive and inspirational message

Thanks, again, Ellie. I almost hate to admit this as it definitely shows my negative thinking, but I really thought a Fitbit would depress me to see how few steps I take in a day. I'm 63 and recently retired from being a high school counselor, and pretty sedentary. But maybe I need to give it a try with the new more empowered and hopeful me!

Well, you are 63 years young! Upon seeing my results, my mom was so impressed and I got her a fitbit. At 67 (and retired), she started VERY slowly...and now, she's easily clearing 10k a day without even thinking of it. The idea is to set a small goal, keep it consistently and slowly add as your body leads you. You are too precious not to give your body as much cardio as you can get in. I always think about my car (I don't expect it to last over 10 years), and yet look at all the maintenance I do for it, oil, etc. What more my 1 body I get as a gift from God per lifetime. Every single step you take is worth it! I'm sure when you are well enough, the fighter in you will rise up and say "Oh Heck no! My life is just beginning!!!"

Thanks, again, Ellie. I almost hate to admit this as it definitely shows my negative thinking, but I really thought a Fitbit would depress me to see how few steps I take in a day. I'm 63 and recently retired from being a high school counselor, and pretty sedentary. But maybe I need to give it a try with the new more empowered and hopeful me!