Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey, not sure about everyone else but things going great here. Lost 48kg all up since start of December, had the surgery March 17. Have developed a couple of food intolerances post surgery but pretty good other then that. How are you going?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey, not sure about everyone else but things going great here. Lost 48kg all up since start of December, had the surgery March 17. Have developed a couple of food intolerances post surgery but pretty good other then that. How are you going?

Im glad everything is going well!! On this side everything is well, i have had no complications, I was sleeves march 7th, i was at 256 and my CW is 186. Only thing is i look in the mirror and look the same. I have very big thighs and now they look horrible with all the loose skin.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

Hello! All's good here, I seem to be loosing much slower now though! I had surgery March 8, was 242 day of surgery, and since I didn't have a preop diet I hadn't lost a lot of weight before... I am currently 161. I've lost 81 lbs in almost 7 months! The last 2 months I've averaged about 6 lb. a month and this month I lost 6 inches, last month only 1.... I'm 5'2 and am wearing a size 9 or 8 jeans and a med/large shirt, also I'm wearing a size medium underwear which seems so strange to me!!

I'm also going through some of the head games where I feel out of place shopping in the smaller section, but I had a cool thing happen the other day, I was looking for a blazer at a thrift store for an interview and I was trying them on in the isle (which I would have never done before, for fear of it not fitting) and some of them the buttons wouldn't close over my boob area and I was just like ugh almost!A plus size women overheard me and commented "I know what you mean". Lol So a few minutes later she comes up to me with a coat and says this is a great one, I'm not sure what size you wear though...so I thanked her and I looked at the jacket and it was a 8/10 which was the size I was trying on and needing! I just thought it was cool because it showed me how I think of myself really isn't how others see me....

Anyways sorry to blab on lol

Edited by mistycal

Doing ok here. Down 51 lbs. It has been slow but steady for me since the start. I think part of that is due to the fact that I am a grad student and it is difficult to get out and do a lot of exercise with all the reading. Took 3 less credits (1 less class) this term and hope that gives me a tad more time to get out and walking more.

Most of my 'shopping' has been from the boxes of clothes that I have here at home. I had done a medically supervised all liquid diet approximately 4 yrs ago and had a bunch of clothes from them in smaller sizes. What has been more difficult is to let go of the pieces I had that made me feel like I looked good. One of my kids finally told me I needed to quit wearing them as they looked big and baggy on me.

As for food intolerance....spicy things and stuff with skin - ie apples/grapes/tomatoes do not seem to sit well. I LOVED spicy food, and still do, only now it is with the tums as dessert. Things with skin just makes my tummy not feel good - Pavlov theory at work as I have little desire for them after trying a couple of times.

Hardest challenge.... Mr Love him dearly but he loads the plate way to much if he gets food for me. Yes, I know I should do my own plate and normally I do. This last term was a bugger and often when he got up I would be up in my office until dinner was ready. Trying to be nice he would do a plate for me. Had to ask him to not do that and try to not hurt his feelings as I know he was doing it to be nice.

LOVE hearing how we all are doing. Great things coming our way!

I'm hoping in the later part of March like March 28th or so..thats when our schools spring break is :)

How did it go having it on Spring Break? Was a week enough time? I'm a teacher and was just curious. THANKS!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using the BariatricPal App

How's everyone doing? I know for me, the weight loss is extremely slow noa

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

It's slow for me now too. I'm beginning to worry that I've hit maintenance.

I've lost 75% excess weight and have been stuck for the past month.

My lowest was 168 last week. Today, back to 170. I think it's because I was eating ham, which is pretty salty, so maybe Water weight.

<<fingers crossed>>