Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes from all the iv fluids they have you on!

I had my surgery on the 22nd as well. I went to my pre op appointment yesterday and was down 10 pounds!

Sleeved 3/7 post op app 2/16 - 19 lbs down

Does anyone else have what is a strange food craving? I rarely, like maybe twice in the last 10 years, have had a McDonalds fish sandwich, but right now that is the only craving I am having for several days now. Strange.....but I feel like I could devour one! LOL

I had a sweet craving yesterday so I took a small bite of my sons snicker bar Easter bunny! WRONG! That small bite made me so dang sick but I couldn't throw it up! Omg never again!!!

I had a sweet craving yesterday so I took a small bite of my sons snicker bar Easter bunny! WRONG! That small bite made me so dang sick but I couldn't throw it up! Omg never again!!!

Did that with an Easter cookie. Only time I felt nauseated beyond all. Nope, Not doing that again!!

At what point does stop spazzing out when you drink. Doesn't matter the kind of drink, the temp, or how slowly my sleeve spasms and goes crazy everytime. Sometimes it's painful, most of the time it's just uncomfortable. When does your sleeve chill out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Does anyone else have what is a strange food craving? I rarely, like maybe twice in the last 10 years, have had a McDonalds fish sandwich, but right now that is the only craving I am having for several days now. Strange.....but I feel like I could devour one! LOL

I've been hanging for hotdogs, KFC, McDonald's & Hungry Jacks! Lol! I didn't eat them before surgery but I think it's the fact that I actually can't eat them now? It's a mental thing for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I've had no interest or thoughts of food I went grocery shopping today and the only thing that I looked at and thought hmmm yum was some vintage cheese I then came home and made a cottage pie and meat loaf for my partners dinner for the next few nights as I don't want him to suffer because I'm not eating so I figured I'd prep some stuff for him even looking at the mashed potatoes I was like yuck I go onto purée Monday and I'm worried as I'm only having Water and one shake a day atm can't face anything else I did buy yogurt 4 diff types and some low cal juice to help me with my Water intake

Sent from my iPhone

I've had no interest or thoughts of food I went grocery shopping today and the only thing that I looked at and thought hmmm yum was some vintage cheese I then came home and made a cottage pie and meat loaf for my partners dinner for the next few nights as I don't want him to suffer because I'm not eating so I figured I'd prep some stuff for him even looking at the mashed potatoes I was like yuck I go onto purée Monday and I'm worried as I'm only having Water and one shake a day atm can't face anything else I did buy yogurt 4 diff types and some low cal juice to help me with my Water intake

I had very little urges the first week after. It was after I started the puree that the craving began. What I have noticed is that even if I am craving, as long as I have something small - 1-2 tsp I no longer have the cravings.

Has anyone else that had surgery in early March moved to food now? I've been allowed since Tuesday to move to mostly everything chewed well... salad is on my ok list but I'm kind of scared to try it?

I haven't had any problems with anything and I measure 1/3 or weigh out 3 oz, usually I stop at about 3/4 the way through....

I've been getting my fluids and aiming for 65g Protein a day, my dietician never gave me any guidelines for Protein just to eat them first... I never even had Protein drinks on my plan..... After Clear liquids I started drinking Protein shakes to ensure I was getting some... I'm down 25lb as of yesterday at my 1 month since surgery!

I'm 5'2 and am aiming for 135, the RN at my Drs office gave me a goal weight of 150 because she said too many times do wls patients choose a goal that isn't what there body should be at and are disappointed when they gain back some after reaching their personal goal, she said that she would be happy to see me reach that.. I told her I would reassess my goal when I reached hers! But to even reach 150 is crazy to me!!!

So anyhow I don't do social media, so I haven't joined any fb groups just come on bp to read everyone's journeys and such!

Mistycal,

Sorry can't help you there. Had my surg on March 22. Finishing up my week of pureed and moving to soft foods. I started moving to soft foods about mid-week as the pureed was just about gagging me. I find myself basically mashing what I am going to eat with a fork and taking small bites and that seems to be working well.

I am interested to hear what others have to say in response to you, as well as your experiences yourself. Have 2 weeks of soft foods then I am at the stage you are at. I totally understand having some apprehension.