Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Member from NC

Hey Guys! I'm currently in the middle of my requirements for the sleeve procedure and I'm excited yet nervous about the outcome of it. I joined this site for some support and to find some women around my age and weight who is going through the same thing.

Has anyone started the process as well?

Welcome, if you poke around in the archives you will find a wealth of information. My suggestion is re-post with a specific question in your subject line if you want more response. For instance "Dang I'm nervous" will get more attention than "I new." Or heck "I'm a black woman who needs a bud" might get more response. Suggestions after looking at this site for a while. Welcome and congrats on starting this journey.

Thanks for the tips! I'm usually the one just reading instead of participating in conversations but I hope learn a lot from you guys!

I'm from NC too. I'm having surgery in March in Raleigh. I'm starting my pre-op diet next week. Hoping to enjoy Bojangles one last time. :) Wishing you lots of luck on your journey!

Welcome, I hv just started the process too. Where are you having your surgery?

Congrats! Im in Charlotte, NC and I'll be having it with Dr. Kolasch.

I'm from NC too. I'm having surgery in March in Raleigh. I'm starting my pre-op diet next week. Hoping to enjoy Bojangles one last time. :) Wishing you lots of luck on your journey!

Great! I have a friend whos going to Raleigh to do it as well. I understand your pain, with Bojangles, it was my best friend too lol. Best of luck on your surgery, you're going to do great!

Hey Guys! I'm currently in the middle of my requirements for the sleeve procedure and I'm excited yet nervous about the outcome of it. I joined this site for some support and to find some women around my age and weight who is going through the same thing.

I'm 23 and live in Seattle, WA. I'm at the beginning of my 6 month supervised weight loss for insurance purposes. I have been contemplating wls for the pass 3-4 years but because of the hoops insurance put in place I was hesitant. But seeing how my weight has affected my life I decided to play into the insurance "game" and start the process of bettering my life. The wls community on IG has been a huge help as well as this app. I'm pissed about the 6 month thing but people keep telling me it goes by quick. Just celebrated my birthday a couple of days ago and it sucked waking up to my body. I'm excited for what my future has in store! ????

Hi I live in Fayetteville. My surgery date is May 4th. I'm pre-approved just didn't have enough visits according to the insurance. But kind of glad for the wait. Nerves were starting to get the best of me. Congratulations on making this decision. Best of luck to you.

Sent from my SM-N910V using BariatricPal

I'm 23 and live in Seattle, WA. I'm at the beginning of my 6 month supervised weight loss for insurance purposes. I have been contemplating wls for the pass 3-4 years but because of the hoops insurance put in place I was hesitant. But seeing how my weight has affected my life I decided to play into the insurance "game" and start the process of bettering my life. The wls community on IG has been a huge help as well as this app. I'm pissed about the 6 month thing but people keep telling me it goes by quick. Just celebrated my birthday a couple of days ago and it sucked waking up to my body. I'm excited for what my future has in store! ????

I started my process in December and my insurance just changed their requirements to 4 months. That's the main thing I hate about it will all the back and forth with them. But it's great that you're remaining positive, the year will pass before we know it, so we have to use the time to our advantage.

I am heading home to Raleigh April 1st. I am living in Boise right now - I cant wait# i was sleeved 12/30. Sw 263 current weight 217!!!! Yea me!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

Whoo! That's great! Keep it up....or down lol.

Hi! I'm in North Carolina too! I'm in the Chapel Hill-Durham area. I'm 26, 5'1", and a full-time college student. I had VSG surgery on February 29th. Let me know if you want to connect and have any questions as I am in the very early post-op stage. (8 days post-op)

That sounds wonderful SleevedMegan!! I am 2 months post-op. I have lost 55lbs and am very excited. I am having an issue with back pain and pain around my kidneys. We can split a tablespoon of applesauce at a local resturant! *wink*

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App