Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well also, in the UK you have to have. BMI of 60 for the bypass and possibly the sleeve. The only other option would be the band which they've shown a couple of times.

That BMI requirement completely surprised me! I'm at a BMI of 41. So I couldn't imagine not having an option unless I was at a 60..

Well also, in the UK you have to have. BMI of 60 for the bypass and possibly the sleeve. The only other option would be the band which they've shown a couple of times.

That BMI requirement completely surprised me! I'm at a BMI of 41. So I couldn't imagine not having an option unless I was at a 60..

Exactly how I felt. But it's because NHS pays for it there. Private payers can go to private doctors.

Ah! I see @@prettyCali916 ! I had heard them mention private doctors and didn't quite understand the difference. That's interesting.

in that one episode I watched, the older guy said something that if he was a woman they would have approved skin removal surgery but not for a man. I don't know if that is true or not but that would be interesting to know.

When i initially saw the subject for this i immediately thought that someone's surgeon was fat. Kinda comparable to a dentist with bad teeth. Haha! But I'm watching an episode through you tube. What a hunky doctor! Thanks for sharing, i had no idea about this show.

Haha! That's too funny! ????

But hey- I've had hefty doctors tell me to lose weight. And I giggled at the irony every time.

Ah! I see @@prettyCali916 ! I had heard them mention private doctors and didn't quite understand the difference. That's interesting.

Yeah. Completely different life style there but I'd go back in an instant. Went there for equivalent of middle, Jr. and high school and loved every second of it. Double deckers were not just buses - they were part of why my waist band expanded. And the Mars bars they referred to are similar to Milkyway but 10 times better. Even better deep fried! :) oh the horrible things I've eaten in the uk. Loaves of bread were different. You can get them sliced thinly but usually not. We got them straight from the bakery - and slathered them with butter and jam. It goes on and on... Quite easy to see that they are up there in the list of obese nations.

@@prettyCali916 I've always dreamed of going there! dang my mouth was watering when you described the fresh bread. lol

@@Daveo & @@prettyCali916 My mouth was watering over the chocolate bar! Mmmmm....I love chocolate. You gotta stop!

I LOVE that they refer to the OR as the theater. It's sounds so much more exciting when put in those words :)

hahaha yes! Theater! That would have made me feel like a star! lol

You are a star, @@Daveo

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

@@sassyfrass23

Just watched the Daniel episode :(

What a sweet soul he was.

Does anyone know when this series started? Watching the first episode I seen that they did the long cut down the stomach instead of laparoscopic.

Does anyone know when this series started? Watching the first episode I seen that they did the long cut down the stomach instead of laparoscopic.

I think around 2006. They did the open bypass on the show until around season 4 I think.

My husband had a bypass in 2006 here in the states, and he had laproscopic, but I do know with larger patients they will do open sometimes.

@@sassyfrass23

Just watched the Daniel episode :(

What a sweet soul he was.

Yes he was! I cried like a baby. I absolutely did not expect that outcome. My husband had to console me and I had to take a break from the show for about an hour to regain my composure. My surgeon's office has SHOVED the possibility of death/complications down my throat since day one. This was the first time I had actually seen a worse case scenerio regarding WLS on a show like this and it opened my eyes SUPER fast. :(

Looks like it began in 2007