Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all I'm 7 days post op and I'm at the soft food stage and looking over my food list it says eggs but my dietitian suggest I hold up on the eggs thinking I would get sick I'm not sure I was really looking forward eating eggs I was wondering have any of you experience dumping from eggs at this stage

I didn't dump, but eggs sat very heavy for me and still do. I think everyone is different, I know my NUT suggested that when I scramble them I do them softly scrambled so they were still moist and easier to go down. If over cooked they can dry out and I have a hard time with dry foods to this day.

I didn't dump, but eggs sat very heavy for me and still do. I think everyone is different, I know my NUT suggested that when I scramble them I do them softly scrambled so they were still moist and easier to go down. If over cooked they can dry out and I have a hard time with dry foods to this day.

O OK thanks hun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I didn't dump either but it was a few months before eggs sat well in my stomach. In the beginning, they even hurt a bit, even if I soft scrambled them. Now I can eat them with no issues (5.5 months post op) and I'm really happy about it because eggs are very good for you. :) Just eat very slowly and carefully and really listen to your stomach and you should know pretty quickly if they are something you can eat yet or not.

At 7 days I was still on liquids. I certainly wouldn't have tried eggs yet. Have you done pureed stage? I know all plans are different but don't try to eat them yet if you feel you are not ready too.

I can eat eggs and they have been very helpful as an option for eating out, but they do have to be cooked not to dry. I also have asked for salsa to put on them so that they are not dry at all. I had an omlet at a restaurant once that was cooked REALLY dry and even the salsa didn't help.

I wasn't able to eat eggs though until one month so maybe its a good thing your NUT suggested waiting.

pam

I had a really hard time eating eggs at one month out, had dumping from scrambled eggs. I'm now three months and a week out and I can eat boiled eggs just fine. In fact, I'm having such a hard time with meat, I eat them almost daily.

For the first week I was still on liquds only. However, once starting stage II I was able to encorporate eggs and enjoyed them on many mornings. No dumping but I did have to make sure and chew them THOROUGHLY. To me, the eggs helped start the cycle of reminding myself to chew 30-40x per bite and slow down.

OK thanks so much for your great info however yes I'm at stage 2 "Advance to pudding thick consistency" which list eggs. I have tried them and it was so good went down well and I had no issues???? Thank God! On to something new

I have tried them and it was so good went down well and I had no issues Thank God! On to something new

That was exactly my though "Oh thank God! Something resembling solid food!!!"

I have tried them and it was so good went down well and I had no issues Thank God! On to something new

That was exactly my though "Oh thank God! Something resembling solid food!!!"

Honey yesssss..... I been waiting for real food to???? I'm wonderful now...

The first time I tried eggs was around 6 weeks and it did not go well. I had a half of a scrambled egg and vomited. I did not try them again for another two months and was perfectly fine, now I eat them a couple times per week.

Pre-op I loved eggs and was looking forward to having them again.

I had puréed eggs after 2 weeks post op, and had no problem and I was pretty happy about it.

Except 2 days later. like others have said here, they started sitting heavy and almost gave me little chest pains.

So I'm avoiding them for now.

Good to know about the egg pros and cons. I do have fondness for them. I will approach this food with caution! I was told that any time a food does not seem okay inside, to stop, and revisit that food in two weeks. And to never advance my diet until my Dr/Nut/Nurse Practitioner has told me to. It is strict where I'm at, but I get it.